PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's growth formula ?

jaquelines
May 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
The blog is not existing anymore. Does anyone still has the receipt ? I have wrote it down somewhere, but can`t find this either.
:cool:

spookyghost
May 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Yup-here it is!

In an 8oz. spray bottle:

Fill spray bottle 1/2 full of rose water and then add filtered water until bottle is 3/4 full.

Now add:

1. 1 tbsp organic coconut oil

2. 1 tbsp castor oil

3. 8-9 drops tea tree oil

4. 8-9 drops lavender oil

5. 6-7 drops rosemary oil

I got all the ingredients about a month ago to make this and havent yet. I have been planning to make it this weekend. My hair does not like coconut oil so I was thinking of using 100% sweet almond oil instead. But what I was really thinking of using was Mira oil. I love it but its so expensive-$80.00 for 4oz. But it slowed my shedding down so much and my hair grew pretty good. So I was thinking of buying it again and using it instead of coconut oil in this formula. It would help the Mira last longer. Plus my local vitamen store has eo's and emu was one of them. I have been dying to try emu oil but once again too expensive. Hers was about 34.00 for Im guess 6oz.

Can you see why I havent done it yet? I cant make up my mind what oil to substitute coconut oil with and Im also wondering if my hair likes oil at all. My hair liked the Mira oil but I dont want to be stuck buying it for the rest of my life because as soon as I stopped using it my hair went back to looking not so great!:lol:

Good luck using it. Pleas post what you think of it. I will too!

jaquelines
May 26th, 2012, 04:01 AM
WOw , that`s a great idea with mira, I ment to try it as well.
Thankx for posting the receipt !
I am no expert in indian oiling/herbs, I myself keep asking from time to time for advice, but the only thing negativ about mira that I have read was the price. Eventhough, I have posted about one month ago something regarding kama bringhadi, which I have to pay about 70 dollar for it, or 65 and it lasts only about 3 times, if I apply it to my hair.
But I will buy mira, since i don`t have the time and possibility to do the same oil my self at home. At least nor for now.
It seems in any case a good idea with mira.
Regarding oiling the hair I can tell you - my hair looks oily if i apply even a small quantity of oil on my ends. Even with this receipt, my roots seemed oily a bit. Not in a greasy way...but still oily. I don`t care. I liked the smell and I kept using it.
Good luck with it and maybe your hair sucks the oil more in to the hairshaft, as mine, and will not look greasy.

spookyghost
May 26th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Well I am going to try Pandora's with probably the emu first only because I can run to the health food store for that one and with Mira I have to order that online. Emu oil has always intrigued me so we will see! Im only going to put the Pandora mixture on my roots only and see how that goes. I have a suspicion that my hair doesn like oiling but when I oiled in the past I always did my roots and length never just the roots. So maybe my hair will like that alot more. Im hoping!:)

beachgirlla
May 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
So ladies what is it about Mira oil?, what are the ingredients? does it help in making the hair longer? and what about this emu oil?, what the advantages for using it on hair?
do you use Mira oil on scalp or on ends?

ravenreed
May 26th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I have been using argan oil in place of coconut oil quite a bit. It is a lot more expensive, but my hair reacts better to argan and doesn't get the crispy end effect that coconut oil gives me. I haven't even considered Mira oil, so someone else will have to answer your question there.

Neecola
May 26th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Beachgirlla, I had the same question. Here's an older thread on mira oil:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=50813

leilasahhar
May 26th, 2012, 02:19 PM
This Pandoras Growth formula is very much like my Redwood Roots hair nectar. I got it from a local salon here in Oklahoma and its website is www.Redwood-roots.com. Anyway its made with mostly Rose water and Aloe juice. The other ingredients are: Sea kelp, Foti root, rosemary, tea tree, avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, and I think thats all. Anyway its the PERFECT balance of oil and liquid. Doesn't leave my hair oily but does give it a tiny amount of moistre that my roots need. I def can not go without this. I usually try to make my own mister bottle but I can never get the consistency right or it comes out too dry or too oily :) This was a major boost for my hair growth. It makes sense though that roots are kinda like plants and need water and nourishment to grow! And not hard watr from your shower (which kills my hair) AND it smells yummy!

"Lady Sahhar of the Night Jeweled Desert in the order of the Long Haired Knights"

spookyghost
May 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM
This Pandoras Growth formula is very much like my Redwood Roots hair nectar. I got it from a local salon here in Oklahoma and its website is www.Redwood-roots.com (http://www.Redwood-roots.com). Anyway its made with mostly Rose water and Aloe juice. The other ingredients are: Sea kelp, Foti root, rosemary, tea tree, avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, and I think thats all. Anyway its the PERFECT balance of oil and liquid. Doesn't leave my hair oily but does give it a tiny amount of moistre that my roots need. I def can not go without this. I usually try to make my own mister bottle but I can never get the consistency right or it comes out too dry or too oily :) This was a major boost for my hair growth. It makes sense though that roots are kinda like plants and need water and nourishment to grow! And not hard watr from your shower (which kills my hair) AND it smells yummy!

"Lady Sahhar of the Night Jeweled Desert in the order of the Long Haired Knights"

Im pretty tempted to order this. I mean its only $7.00! So how do you use this? I think the site said to use it on dry hair-is that what you do? Spray it on the roots only? Well, whatever I do end up using, Pandoras or this, I will spray my roots only. I just think thats best for me anyways.

Plus how long does it last you? The only reason I stopped Mira was because of the moola. It didnt last long enough to warrant the price.

For anyone curious about Mira, I just have to say that I really loved it. I didnt stop shedding completely but the amount was alot less-alot. So then, of course, my hair seemed thicker!:D Which made my hair fall down my back so much better. I dont know if that makes any sense to you but I dont know how else to explain it. There is alot of ingredients but they seem all herbs and oils. I think their site is called Mirahairoil.com or I also think if you type in-make my hair grow fast-that will bring it up too. I have to admitt if you read their site it seems too good to be true. It seems like a sales pitch to get you to buy it. And there are people who think its just a plain scam. But I tried it for the growth and didnt expect the xtra goodness that came with it. I grew about 2 1/2 inches in 6 weeks. Which is alot for me. Alot. So for me it worked. It might not for everyone because you know how that goes!:rolleyes:

The only thing that sucked about it was the price. I almost wished I didnt try it because if I didnt plan on rebuying it all the time I shouldnt of bought it at all. So thats where Pandora and now this Redroot hair mist comes in to play! I want to find something to replace it-even something half as good.

The Mira oil is very thin. Almost like water. I used a cotton ball to dab it on my roots. It does sound like it would work in the Pandora recipe and if I only use 2 tbsp in an 8oz mister-the Mira might last four months. If I do Pandora it would be a trial thing. I would do it till the Mira was gone and if it seemed to give me the same results then I would keep using it. But the $7.00 redroot mister seems good too! Sheesh-decisions, decisions!

leilasahhar
May 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Yep, I use it like it says to..once my hair has dried, but I also use it during the days too when my hair feels dry. Ive been looking for something to use during the day..I like to oil my hair too but oil alone tends to weigh it down alot and Im restricted to staying at home. But I like the redwood mist, my hair feels hydrated when I use it. Im on my 2nd bottle my first one I got like a month ago, but I use this stuff all the time :)