PDA

View Full Version : What does your Aloe Vera contain?

maja04
July 24th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Everybody talks about Aloe Vera gel and I was wondering what your gels contain, more than just Aloe Vera? Are you guys talking about the one that you can drink or is it the gel that you use on the skin? :rolleyes:

I've used both in my hair and I think the one for the skin gives better hold, but I don't like the other stuff that's in it. Unfortunately I cannot find most of the gels that you are using here but I could find something similar if you could tell me the ingredients in your gels, please.:cheese:

emeraldfaery
July 24th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Absolutely nothing! lol I harvest my own fresh aloe. It grows like mad around here and it's pretty easy to get from the leaves. I just filet the leaf and scrape the goop into a bowl.

Islandgrrl
July 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Just contains Aloe. Someone gave me an Aloe plant last year and it's doing great, so like Emeraldfaery, I just harvest my own. I do have some leftovers in a bottle in the fridge from when I had to buy it (I use it on sunburns - the cold feels good), and it's just aloe, too.

maja04
July 24th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Oh, I wish I had a plant especially now when summer is coming and with it the sunburns...

Does it need lots of heat and sunshine or can you have one at home just like other plants? I live in a flat in Paris, do you think it will work if I put it in the window or does it need frash air and to be outside? And where could I find one?

Kirin
July 24th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I use fruit of the earth gel, i don't know the exact ingredients but do know it contains Aloe Vera, a gelling agent and a preservative, thats it.

maja04
July 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I use fruit of the earth gel, i don't know the exact ingredients but do know it contains Aloe Vera, a gelling agent and a preservative, thats it.

Is that a gel for the skin or can you drink it also?

Isilme
July 24th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Oh, I wish I had a plant especially now when summer is coming and with it the sunburns...

Does it need lots of heat and sunshine or can you have one at home just like other plants? I live in a flat in Paris, do you think it will work if I put it in the window or does it need frash air and to be outside? And where could I find one?

Care information about Aloe vera! :) http://aloeandyou.com/aloe-vera-plant-care.asp