PDA

View Full Version : lemon rinse

Sossity
March 15th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I have been using a lemon rinse for my hair & it seems to get the film out of my hair better than baking soda, I read the label of ingredients from the lemon juice bottle; lemon juice,lemon oil, & preserved with sulphur Dioxide is the sulphur dioxide a harsh or harmful chemical to put in my hair/scalp or any part of my skin?

Sossity

Cricket
March 15th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Its an antimicrobial preservative, you'll find it in any bottle of prepared lemon juice. If it rated for consumption, there shouldn't be too much of a problem with your scalp. It would all depend on how your hair likes it.

Whimsical wind
March 15th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I have been using a lemon rinse for my hair & it seems to get the film out of my hair better than baking soda, I read the label of ingredients from the lemon juice bottle; lemon juice,lemon oil, & preserved with sulphur Dioxide is the sulphur dioxide a harsh or harmful chemical to put in my hair/scalp or any part of my skin?

Sossity

Do you just use staright lemon juice or do you dilute it first? This sounds interesting. ^-^

mellie
March 16th, 2008, 07:59 AM
This does sound interesting! I love the smell of lemon!

Cricket
March 16th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Lemon juice is like citric acid or apple cider vinegar, you need to dilute it to your needs. Everyone has a favourite amount to use.

If it is left too strong, lemon juice can dry out your ends.