PDA

View Full Version : When do/did you feel yourself being a longhair?

Isadora
January 16th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Do you know what i mean?

My hair is now a little bit longer than waist, youīd think thatīs long hair, but i donīt feel like that. I guess it will come when my hair passes tb, i hope....

Is there anybody out there who feel the same? ;)

Xawanlaya
January 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Well, in the past I would always say that "real long hair" is very long ... I guess like waist long, on some from BSL, depending on the person. But on myself I ALWAYS thought in the past that my hair would not be long until waist length or so .. But now that it is short again, I feel like anything below SL would be long on my

QMacrocarpa
January 16th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Every time I start running into the length limitations of some of my current styles, and have to learn new styles or techniques to cope (or conversely, when I'm finally able to do a new updo I've been eyeing), my hair feels long-ish to me. So it's been happening off and on since shoulder or so.

littleizz
January 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I've always been a grow it out, chop it off, grow it out, chop it off girl. But when I DID reach my longest points (almost always MBL), I considered myself a longhair.

Now my hair is at that length again, but I have no plans to chop it off. Because of that, the fact that I'm here all the time drooling over those of you with hair at your knees, and the fact that I still can't do a lot of the updos on this site, I really don't feel like it's long anymore :( Ignorance is bliss I guess! Better get to growing!!

Schrei777
January 16th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I think I will feel like a longhair when it's about hip length. It's only BSL now and I don't feel like it's long at all yet. :(

arcane
January 16th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm juuusssstttt touching waist, and I feel longish. I have been getting told my hair is long since hitting BSL, but it felt only medium to me. I also don't want hair much longer than waist length (just know I won't like how it looks on me) so longish is what I'm going to have to settle for.

Loreley
January 16th, 2012, 10:06 AM
My hair hasn't been any shorter than hip length since I was a child so I'm used to having long hair. It started to feel long after reaching classic length.

Medievalmaniac
January 16th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I felt like a longhair when I hit hip. Can't wait to get there again and head down to fingertip!

Madora
January 16th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Back in the day, I considered myself a longhair when my hair hit waist length.

Now, I'm hoping my ends will achieve 50 inches and THEN I'll feel like a bona fide longhair!

Diamond.Eyes
January 16th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I kind of considered my hair long at waist length. I now definitely consider my hip length hair to be long. I feel most like a 'longhair' when my hair is down and straight; that's when it appears the longest. :)

suzye
January 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I don't think I'll feel like a long hair until I reach waist... I've got a lot of growing ahead of me!

mzBANGBANG
January 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I have a bit of an obsessive personality.... no matter what goal I reach, I always want more. I'm currently BSL and have a goal of TBL listed, but I had a firm talking with myself and I feel that Waist is when it will be long enough to be considered "long." At that point, I hope to maintain for awhile in order to fill in any "holes" (i.e. thin ends, layers, etc).

It helps that my boyfriend tells me everyday how long my hair is getting. It's like LHC is an alternate dimension! I go home and feel like a long hair, I sign on here and remember I still have 3-4 inches to waist!

Maverick494
January 16th, 2012, 11:18 AM
@Diamondeyes: I know I keep repeating myself but I just can't get over how luxurious and lovely your naturally red hair is.:crush: It gives me henna-buying urges immediately, haha. :D

But back on topic. The fun thing is I thought my hair was long at MBL length but now I'm past waist I feel like my hair is of average length. Now I feel that TBL or classic is long. I wonder if my hair perception will change when I reach those goals...

Scarlet_Heart
January 16th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I felt like a longhair at waist. I recently had to cut to BSL because a health issue caused me to lose a lot of it. But it's about two inches past BSL now. I want it to get back to waist. :(

dwell_in_safety
January 16th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I never have, even when my hair was at waist and possibly a little beyond in the past. :D Others would think I had long hair, of course, but I never ever would.

jacqueline101
January 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'd say when it reaches bra strap length. That's when I felt like a long hair in the past.

marymonster
January 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'll probably feel like a longhair again when my hair is mid back.
I came here with it chin and now its aaaaalmost shoulder. :cheese:

Kizuna
January 16th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I've never had long hair before so when my hair hit BSL last year I was so happy and finally felt that my hair was long.

Keildra
January 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
When I hit waist length is when I felt like a longhair but also when I was BSL I noticed that my hair was typically the longest in the room that really made me feel like a longhair.

CashmereHair
January 16th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I think I will feel like a have long hair when it's waist length. It's only BSL now and I don't feel like it's long at all!

MonaLisa
January 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
In my heart, I've always been longhair. When my hair was shorter ( APL-BSL, anything above waist) it just didn't feel natural, I felt so weird.

CSallaround
January 16th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Technically I consider anything beyond shoulderlength 'long hair', but even though I'm now at APL I don't feel that it's long. I think maybe it's because my hair is not very thick and I have layers, so I don't have a lot of lenght to play with. Looking forward to one day being able to do a Lara Croft braid hahah xD

Amber_Maiden
January 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Definitely feel the same. My hair is past waist, and until it's past TBL, or at Classic I won't think it's long.

Pazita!
January 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I think I will only consider my hair long when it gets to waist.

rock007junkie
January 16th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I'm just starting to think of myself as someone with long hair. Mine now is between bsl and wl. However, when it comes to someone else's hair I think that anything below apl looks long.

Safira
January 16th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Now Iīm little past waist and feel myself longhair. And they are long, Iīm getting actually bit annoyed with my hair sometimes.

ravenreed
January 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM
When my hair tickled my thigh as I was sitting at the computer, I finally felt like a long hair.

ETA: After I stopped freaking out because I thought it was a spider, that is...

jojo
January 16th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I consider my hair to be long but will consider it more so when I eventually reach classic length!

battles
January 16th, 2012, 03:23 PM
A week or so ago I was feeling like, man. My hair is getting SO long.

Then I realized it really isn't.

Maybe when I hit BSL.

LocustSpawning
January 16th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I feel like my hair is just entering the 'long' range at the mo.. I'm almost at waist. I'll only really be happy when it's at hip length though.

Feles
January 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM
This is funny.. When my hair was about BSL I felt it was long. But when it got to the waist it didn't seem that long anymore! :confused:
Now I have cut it little and it's in my middle back, not waist but longer than BSL and this is so frustrating length! And it definately doesn't feel long at all! Maybe I should have cut it to the BSL? :D I hope to grow my hair to the hiplength and keep it there. I think I will consider that long when I'm there (which will be long since I'm growing out hairdye and hoping to get my natural hair down to my hip -_-')

But with other people I technically consider hair below shoulder's long.

prettykitty
January 16th, 2012, 04:09 PM
It's things like my hair tickling a new spot on my back, or having to change the way I do something to accomodate my length, that it feels long. Recently I have had to change the way I put on my bra because I get too tangled up in my hair, and when I get out of the shower I can't wrap my towel around myself until I've wrapped my hair up (same problem). I don't mind though, it's sort of fun and it lets me see that yes, it is growing :)

Long_hair_bear
January 16th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I feel long now at bsl cause i can feel it run down my back. :D

kidari
January 16th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I had chin length and shorter hair for over two years so the first time I reached APL I felt like a longhair lol... now it's MBL and sometimes I feel like it's really short and sometimes I feel like I'm almost a true longhair. At this point I don't consider my hair long until it hits waist and then I'll feel like a longhair when it reaches hip.

Kelikea
January 16th, 2012, 04:52 PM
The last time my hair was grown out, all one length. It was probably TB because people next to me would sit on it and if I was sitting on the floor, you could step on it. That was long to me. It is almost TB now, but the sides have not caught up yet, so it doesn't feel as long. I think i have "long" hair, but not uncommonly long. I want it longer:)

Rhodugune
January 16th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I can relate to that, my hair is on it's way to classic this year and I still don't feel that my hair is very long.
It's long even crazy long to some people, but not to me, I don't know why.
Maybe it will feel long to me when I have reached classic, time will tell.

KwaveT
January 16th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I think my hair will start feeling long when others can look at me from the front and see that I have long hair. As of right now most people don't realize how long my hair is right now, which is just short of shoulder blade. My sides are to the jaw and bangs are below the nose. Those that have never seen me don't think I have long hair. Those that have can noticably see my growth.

HintOfMint
January 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I started to feel like a longhair when it became my calling card, the thing people noticed about me. That started around BSL to waist.

Vanille_
January 16th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Sometimes I think I never will feel like it :(

Maybe mid back... cause I still don't feel it yet.

Isadora
January 17th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Itīs strange, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
Good to know iīm not alone. :)

IanB
January 17th, 2012, 03:22 AM
I think I am now starting to think of myself as a Longhair, but it has taken a year of no trims!

owlathena
January 17th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Its long comphaired (see what I did there?) to most of my friends, but I dont feel like I'm a "longhair" yet. I think mostly because much of my length is so damaged that I feel like it doesn't count. I got my first unsolicited "your hair is so long!" comment on Saturday though. That felt good.

Shuan
January 17th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Comphaired, haha. :D

I'm near BSL, but it doesn't really feel long to me, although it's never been longer than now. I think I would consider it long once it gets past waist and beyond. Ah, wish I was shorter, grow hair, grow! :cheese:

angelshair
February 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
About last week I finally felt that I had long hair, but as a curly, this is subject to change. But what's funny about my hair is that it isn't till now at about BSL that my hair has started moving like hair. You know, like it's hanging instead of just bouncing out of my head. :D

I guess I feel I have long hair but I'm not a "longhair" yet, if that makes sense. To me, having long hair is opposed to having short hair, whereas a "longhair" is more of a title. Someone that would be described as "you know the one with the long hair".. :)

Avital88
February 6th, 2012, 09:25 AM
im still waiting for the day i really feel a longhair, everytime i feel a bit of a longhair someone has to crush my day with classic length or beyond hair..ive seen so many lately that i really dont feel long yet..i love to see it though :D

lunalocks
February 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Once I hit waist, it was such a milestone that I felt I had FINALLY had entered the realm of "long" and it became my defining physical feature. Now at hip, it doesn't seem so very long any more. Even tho it is longer that any of my friends, my co workers and even my family (except my daughter - I think she just passed me by, but, she wants to lop some off), I don't think I will feel it is VERY long until I hit TB. That may be next year! And brushing thigh while sitting might do it too.

Darkessa
February 6th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mine wont feel LONG till probably waist or TB... Its kiiinda getting there at BSL... But I wants moar!!!

Ligeia_13
February 6th, 2012, 09:37 AM
<snip> when I get out of the shower I can't wrap my towel around myself until I've wrapped my hair up (same problem).<snip>

Indeed! I wrapped my towel under my armpits the other day when I got out and then I had to pull my hair out and put it up. I have a smaller towel for my hair and its starting to poke through the end of that, too!

goldenmoments
February 6th, 2012, 09:37 AM
My hair hardly feels long when I wear it down at bsl. But holding it up in a ponytail really impresses me and reminds me my hair is quite long for the average person. Around hip I think I will feel like a longhair.

ArwenUndomiel
February 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I start to feel that my hair is "long" when I sit back on the couch and I can feel my hair being tugged a bit. I have to lift it up and put it in the front because it bothers me. I'm just past BSL now and it's been doing that for a while now, so I'd say BSL is when I feel like I'm a "long-hair". By the way, this is the longest that my hair has ever been, so that little tug that I feel, feels great!

Shesta
February 6th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I am past waist but the feeling of "long" hasn't come yet. Maybe because I've been struggling with thinning and growing out layers.. Anyway, I guess TBL will check me in.

Aliantha
February 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I start to feel that my hair is "long" when I sit back on the couch and I can feel my hair being tugged a bit. I have to lift it up and put it in the front because it bothers me. I'm just past BSL now and it's been doing that for a while now, so I'd say BSL is when I feel like I'm a "long-hair". By the way, this is the longest that my hair has ever been, so that little tug that I feel, feels great!
It's the same for me - mine is a bit past BSL (the longest I've ever had) and it's just now started tugging when I rest against couches, car seats, etc. But although most people around here have hair much shorter than mine, I don't think I'll feel like a longhair until mine's at waist length, perhaps.

Bethmc
February 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'm a couple of inches away from BSL, and I feel like my hair is short! I think I would feel like it's long maybe around waist. I'm impatient and want it to grow now :)

Neorah
February 6th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I really felt like I could own the term "longhair" once I hit hip length... Of course, this was after joining LHC. Before then, I thought that BSL was "long". It's all about context, I suppose. :)

smartblonde21
February 6th, 2012, 12:06 PM
My hair is at bsl right now, and it feels long to me. It's probably because I haven't had hair this long since I chopped it into a pixie three years ago. I don't consider myself a 'longhair' yet because I feel that longhairs have hair at a length that is rare. Plenty of people, especially where I live, have bsl+ hair. Hopefully when I get to waist length, my hair will stand out more.

woolyleprechaun
February 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Im thinking I might consider myself a long hair when I hit waist....But then again, I fear this site has given me hair-dysmorphia and I will NEVER be satisfied with my length ;)

Lightningfury
February 6th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I've always considered myself a long hair. Even when it was hacked off to less than an inch in my mind my hair was still long it had just taken a temporary vacation in the real world. Now it's butt length. My mind and the real world where finally in agreement at Mid Back.

Being a long hair is a state of mind for me not a state of body.

pixietail
February 6th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I've never been able to make it past BSL. If I could just make it to waist length I'd maybe consider myself a long hair.

C_Bookworm
February 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Terminal length, probably. Every hair goal I've hit has seemed short by the time I got there. I'm super close to hip length, and my hair doesn't feel any longer to me than it did at bsl.

Nedertane
February 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I've never been able to make it past BSL. If I could just make it to waist length I'd maybe consider myself a long hair.

I get how you feel. It seems like I've been at BSL for ever! But I have hope that this isn't the end all be all! Oddly enough, though, I feel more pike a longhair now that I'm taking better care of my hair, so perhaps that signals hope!

Kattillac
February 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
My hair is a little longer than my waist too but I keep thinking its not long enough either. I like to play with my hair alot, like slide it through my hands, run my fingers through it..etc.. so I'm guessing mayby classic length would make me feel like I had nice long hair, although TBL would look better.

darklyndsea
February 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
To me, having long hair is opposed to having short hair, whereas a "longhair" is more of a title. Someone that would be described as "you know the one with the long hair".. :)
I like this--it describes things so well.

kidari
February 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I never feel like my hair will ever be long enough to be a longhair but I do feel like a longhair when I worry about the health of my hair and take great pride to taking good care of it.

Piyo
February 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I guess now that I am waist I feel like a longhair, but only kind of? Just a bit longer, closer to hip, and I will feel more like one!

Cara Heather
February 6th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I think my hair STARTS to feel long at my waist. I don't like when people go "oh, idk your hair was that long"... But it's not! I just say ya. I am too nice.

omgitssarah
February 6th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I'll feel like a longhair when I can get all of my hair up into a ponytail, and it actually hangs instead of sticking straight up.

However, I'm sure that will fade once the novelty of having a ponytail after years of a pixie wears off. Hopefully I'll feel like a longhair for good once I reach waist.

Chetanlaiho
February 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm starting to tickle my tailbone now with my fairytale ends and for the first time I'm starting to feel like a proper longhair =)

tokidokichi
February 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I think I'll feel like a longhair when I get just below BSL, I hope.. =]

PixxieStix
February 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
After having my head shaved bald on and off for several years, and hair no longer than it is right now for the past 8 or so, I think I will feel like a long hair again when I reach BSL. I'll consider myself a long hair when I reach waist, and then it will be happy sailing onto tailbone where I shall love and maintain my hair. ^.^ (This is of course assuming once I reach tailbone in a few years that LHC hasn't thoroughly convinced me that classic is indeed the beginning of long hair!)

HelloKitteh
February 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
When hairdress give different prices for long/medium/short hair, I feel ripped off if I'm less than BSL and they want me to pay for long hair.

In my mind long hair is after BSL and round waist length.

Silverbrumby
February 6th, 2012, 11:18 PM
When/if it really gets past bra strap length and looks good. That would be fantastic. I've looked back at old photos and noticed I don't have any pictures past BSL. I'm hoping with good care I'll officially become a LH gal to me.

sfgirl
February 6th, 2012, 11:55 PM
When I will hit BSL, I will consider myself a long hair.
When I hit WL, everyone I know will consider me a long hair.
Anything beyond that is icing on the cake. :)

Jessykins
February 7th, 2012, 02:25 AM
well im a few inches past bsl and it still feel short to me, so ill have to see what i feel like at waist, other wise ive got some growing to do!

Lize
February 7th, 2012, 04:10 AM
I've never been past BSL as a grown up. At BSL I usually feel that my hair is getting long. Especially this time when I am approaching BSL, because it's the first time I am getting there without layers. I think that layers make my hair look much shorter. If my hair is not layered it looks long both from the front and back. So I think even this time when I reach BSL I will start to feel like my hair is getting long. I usually feel like it gets much easier to do updos at BSL too. Shorter than BSL it's difficult. So, "feeling longer" at BSL and reacting when I spot myself in the mirror.. "Wow, my hair is getting long!" BSL was actually my original goal length when I first came to LHC. It rather quickly changed into TB when I had hung out here for a little while though.

With that being said, I think it will feel long from BSL and I will feel like a longhair once I reach waist length. :)

melusine963
February 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I felt myself becoming a long-hair when my hair reached BSL, which at the time was longer than I'd ever had it (not counting early childhood). Now that I'm at hip level, I look back at pictures from that time and think 'My hair was so short then! Even when it was straightened!'

gracenotes
February 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
It started *looking* long to me at about waist, but it didn't *feel* long until I hit hip about a couple of weeks ago. It's funny to me that there's such a difference. I think it's because I have layers that make it hard to put my hair up, so it doesn't really feel long because of the little pieces sticking out.

Helenae
February 10th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I've just reached waist length, I'll feel it is long when it reaches hip :)

pink.sara
February 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
After 3 years of having it short APL + is starting to feel long to me!

There aren't many people I know with truly long hair either so that helps the illusion ;)

BSL onwards will be long though.

Euphoria.Dame
February 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Always and forever :D

sweetestpoison
February 10th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I was right about waist when straight a few weeks ago til i had my stylist friend cut off the dead ends for me. I only lost 2-3 inches but it feels soooo short now. To answer the question though, i feel myself being a true longhair when my hair looks long from all angles. That means curly, straight, braided, etc. Right now it only looks long to me straight, although my DBF will tell you there doesn't seem to be much of a difference haha.

catamonica
February 10th, 2012, 11:49 PM
At waist my hair felt long. But not long enough. But now at hip it feels much longer. But I
think if I can get my hair to tailbone, then it will feel really long.

HintOfMint
February 10th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Im thinking I might consider myself a long hair when I hit waist....But then again, I fear this site has given me hair-dysmorphia and I will NEVER be satisfied with my length ;)

Hair dysmorphia, the perfect term for it.

Unicorn
February 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM
When I will hit BSL, I will consider myself a long hair.
When I hit WL, everyone I know will consider me a long hair.
Anything beyond that is icing on the cake. :)
This expresses it for me, I'm now just BSL

Unicorn

Shepherdess
February 27th, 2012, 01:34 AM
When I was younger I always thought hip length hair was so long, and now that I'm past that length I still don't feel like my hair is too long. I keep comparing myself to people with knee length hair and think, "that is really long hair".

Druella
February 27th, 2012, 03:25 AM
I'm starting to feel that my hair is long when it's past mid-back length. Now I'm at BSL again and it feels super short... :(

lostchyld
February 27th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I always felt I was a long hair... Oddly even during my pixie days. Not so much that my hair was long, which obviously at times it wasn't, but I never lost the coping strategies for dealing with MBL hair to the point that I could take someone else's long hair while wearing a pixie on myself, and know how to put it up. I except for the tucked French Braid, which I couldn't do with MBL hair, I've never hit the too much hair limitation of any style. Just the not enough hair.

ETA: I'm a longhair now, my hair is just catching up.

owlathena
February 27th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I don't remember if I've already posted on this but...

I just recently started feeling like my hair is getting long. So like...a little bit passed waist.

Soltimus
February 27th, 2012, 06:58 AM
My hair is now just below BSL and I don't feel like I have long hair at all. I think my mind is probably too set on the thought of growing it as long as possible, so I kind of forget to be happy about how my hair is now. I've never had hair this long before and I never thought I would. I've started getting lots of nice complements about it now, and it feels so great when others notice and appreciate how long it's gotten when I seem not to notice myself.

Tisiloves
March 4th, 2012, 01:38 AM
When I can accidentally button it into my jeans again, so about waist length (I wear high jeans and tilt my head back).

BBdck1
March 4th, 2012, 02:11 AM
It's all relative for me. In real life, I think I have long hair (almost WL), but here, I think it's not that long.

annamoonfairy
March 4th, 2012, 03:50 AM
I think my hair is just now medium long "at tail bone" but soild long for me will be classic : )

Fairlight63
March 4th, 2012, 05:18 AM
I think that mine started to feel long at hip length. I put my hair in a braid at night & the braid started to get in the way if I raised up to turn over on my elbow I have to pull the braid out of the way because I would sometimes get the braid caught under my elbow & pull it. I don't have that problem any more since wearing a sleep cap at night.