View Full Version : What is the 'body marker' for MBL?

blondie9912
January 8th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Hi all :) I was thinking about how long my hair will be in x amount of months/years (like I'm sure we all do), and I was getting a little bit upset that there is such a long way's between BSL and waist. Then I remembered the length between them, MBL! If BSL is when your hair covers the bottom of your bra band, and waist is when it touches the narrowest curve of your torso, where is MBL? Is there a specific body marker for it, or is it kind of a no man's land between BSL and waist?

Lady Neeva
January 8th, 2012, 01:47 PM
MBL is the widest part of your torso, perhaps an inch or so from the bottom of BS or the sixth rib.

Shona
January 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM
MBL is the widest part of your torso, perhaps an inch or so from the bottom of BS or the sixth rib.

If that's true then on me MBL is pretty much like half an inch/an inch above my waist. seems so little! i thought there would be more space between MBL and wasit.
. :cheese:

Freckled.Thing
January 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I read that MBL is pretty much unofficial. People just use it to describe the mid-back abyss between BSL and Waist.

source: http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html

sun-kissed
January 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know what it is officially, but for me it's always just been my way of saying I'm somewhere between BSL and waist. I hate how vague it is, lol!

Mountaingrrl
January 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM
That's helpful, Lady Neeva. Looks like it's two inches from the bottom of BSL for me - so I'll be at MBL by springtime. Hooray!

blondie9912
January 8th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Hmm. I don't really understand that :p My shoulders are the widest part of my torso, and it gradually slims until waist, which is the narrowest part of my torso. Then after my waist, my body gets wider until my hips. By this definition, MBL would be somewhere around APL (which of course, doesn't make sense). Perhaps I'm a mutant :o

Amber_Maiden
January 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hmm. I don't really understand that :p My shoulders are the widest part of my torso, and it gradually slims until waist, which is the narrowest part of my torso. Then after my waist, my body gets wider until my hips. By this definition, MBL would be somewhere around APL (which of course, doesn't make sense). Perhaps I'm a mutant :o

I have hourglass shape, so the widest part of me is either my hips or my shoulders...

julliams
January 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
In my head MBL is all the space from BSL to waist. For me it was a long way too (like 4 inches) but for some people it's only a couple of inches or even less. It depends on your proportions/height etc. But yeah, once you get past BSL you are MBL in my book.

blondie9912
January 8th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I have hourglass shape, so the widest part of me is either my hips or my shoulders...

Exactly! I suppose it's the area between BSL and Waist. So vague, oh well

Charybdis
January 8th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I always thought of MBL as BSL for men. (That may just be me.)

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I'd between bsl and waste.

Lissandria
January 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Definitely easier to say that it is the abyss between BSL and Waist or BSL equivalent on Men.
It's most definitely not going to be the widest part of the torso on many people. It's only a few inches on me between BSL and Waist and it's certainly not the widest part of my torso :shrug:

elbow chic
January 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I decided to call it MBL once it was all the way past my big fat quadruple-hooked orthopedic bra-band, even dry, and unstraightened.

So for me there is significant overlap between "MBL" and "can I call this waist?" ;)

Knotted
January 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I always thought of MBL as BSL for men. (That may just be me.)

^ I thought this as well.

starshade
January 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM

Sounds like me! I guess I'm really high-waisted or something! My waist is just around 2" below BSL. In which case, MBL would be below WL!! Huh, maybe I am a mutant too!!

AnimaSola3o4
January 8th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Actually, on me, my BSL to waist length isn't that long. Waist to TB seems longer. But maybe I'm just high-waisted. ?

Nevvie
January 8th, 2012, 10:49 PM
On a different forum I was told to measure my actual back - from the top of the round spot on my spine where my neck meets shoulders down to the top of my tailbone. Mine measures in somewhere between 22-23 inches (still a bit confused about what part of the tailbone to measure to exactly, 'top' is subjective). From that same round spot above my shoulders I measure how far my hair goes down past it. About 12-12.5 inches on me, so my hair roughly reaches the middle of my back. It also happens to fall a little past the bottom of my bra band (which seems to be this forum's marker). Might as well use the bra band to gauge it, it's much easier.

jojo
January 9th, 2012, 07:02 AM
MBL is classified as the bottom of the ribs, form what I have read. Its the half way point between bsl and waist.

WaitingSoLong
January 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Hmm. Waist and bottom of my ribs are the same place on me.

I always figured it was... mid-back...lol...and that is the same as BSL on me (half way between shoulders and hip bones)

BSL to waist is only like 3" for me. It is waist to TBL that is huge, like 8"- 9". I guess that is why there is also hip length, which is also very subjective. I go by my hip bones, since how heavy I am makes my fleshy hips change too much. Waist to hip is 5.5", hip to TBL is 3.5".

Gee, I don't think I will ever cut above hip now. LOL

TBL - classic is about 4" for me.

Kira94
January 11th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hmm. Waist and bottom of my ribs are the same place on me.

Same here.
I just figured MBL was anywhere past BSL and before waist length. :)

hanne jensen
January 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
If MBL is halfway between BSL and waist, then I'm there! Rushes off to change her stats...

swearnsue
January 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
If you want to be accurate, measure the actual length of your hair now and then for your goal that you entered as waist, enter instead the length to your waist. That way you can see how many inches you have to reach your goal.