PDA

View Full Version : look! 5$ worth of b-day presents

squiggyflop
March 14th, 2008, 04:08 PM
so i was walking around the mall today with my friend.. its my birthday and i thought i would go buy myself a hairtoy.. i walk into the icing and the bin of hairtoys that used to be 10 for 10$ is now showing a sign that says 3 for a dollar!!!!!!!!! so ofcourse i investigated the bin and bought myself these (missing from pics a pack of 50 hair elastics i got for my friend)
here is what i got for 5 $... yes 5$
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/icing3foradollar2.jpg
2 more knotted sticks some pleather covered clips a hairslide.. 2 more of those flower pins.. two sets of hairsticks one set has jewely things glued on one set is silvery..two combs (i broke one by accidentally stepping on it but it came as a pair so i still got one good one (i can probobly get out the old soldering tool but im lazy) and one comb thing that is seamless..
thats not all!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/icing3foradollar1.jpg
i got me a green flower to wear st.pattysday.. and a metal claw clip... one big flower fork pin thingy (i dont know why i got this one) one butterfly octipus clip (i think thats what its called) and 2 very shiny curved beak like clips....
i really wish i hadnt bought all that stuff before but how was i supposed to know the price was going to drop even more!
so i spent 5$ i think it was 5$ well spent..

Pyrola
March 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
You know, the hairtoy with the rose in the bottom picture is perfect to put in a dutch braid... make a dutch braid and pin the hanging part of the braid up and around the part that's "on your head". Slide the two "legs" of the hair toy under the braid and let the rose sit on the top of it. A quite bad explanation, I wish I had pictures to show...

lora410
March 14th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Omg, that is awesome!!!!! What a wonder b-day gift at an amazing price!

ycelong
March 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Happy Birthday Squiggy!!
Those are totally awesome toys!!
Wish I had an icing store near me!!

Now we need action shots :)

Carolyn
March 14th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Great haul, Squiggy! How come I never find cool stuff like that when I go to the Icing? :D I'll have to check them out again the next time I'm at the mall.

Islandgrrl
March 14th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Happy B-day Squiggy!!! What a wonderful collection of goodies you got there!!!

Lixie
March 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Those are lovely hairtoys and such good value. I want to go to your mall! And Happy Birthday. :flowers:

squiggyflop
March 14th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Those are lovely hairtoys and such good value. I want to go to your mall! And Happy Birthday. :flowers: you can go to my mall but there really wasnt anything good left after me.. except maybe doubles of what i got that i didnt want two of.. lol

Happy B-day Squiggy!!! What a wonderful collection of goodies you got there!!!
yes my collection of hair stuff has grown so large that my dad put in one of those over the toilet shelving units today... he bought baskets to go on the shelves that have sections in them.. i filled one of the sections with glass marbles and stuck all my hairsticks in it...well almost all my hairsticks fit... i think im going to need more marbles because my dad bought me a delta sander.. its a belt sander and a disk sander in one and im definatly going to start making toys like crazy once he sets it up for me and shows me how to use it safely... i bought some wood today in antisipation.. he also got me some dremel bit thingys and a vise and a new book to hold all my dvds..

Great haul, Squiggy! How come I never find cool stuff like that when I go to the Icing? :D I'll have to check them out again the next time I'm at the mall. you gotta wait until right after they have finished having a a sale and they are trying to get rid of the extra stuff.
they just finished having a buy one get one half off sale on hairtoys so after the sale was over they put the extras in the clearance section

Happy Birthday Squiggy!!
Those are totally awesome toys!!
Wish I had an icing store near me!!

Now we need action shots :)
im waiting until the albums are fixed then im going to start a squiggys hairtoys and updos album. that way all the pics will be in one place. expect lots of action shots because
this isnt even a third of my toys...i havent finished putting them on the shelves yet but i already know that i dont have enough room in that basket... and i certainly have to buy more marbles to make the stick area bigger... i feel the marbles are going to be more gentile on the sticks than styrofoam and styrofoam os ugly anyway..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/shelf.jpg
i think if i get a couple more baskets ill have room for everything.... ugh i just tryed to put the rest of my carved sticks into the marbles and they didnt fit.. too bad because i had already kind of decided that the front little section was going to be for wooden forks (that green thing with a star carved into it is my second fork i ever made it took me forever to figure out how to stain it a bright enough green without covering the grain)

You know, the hairtoy with the rose in the bottom picture is perfect to put in a dutch braid... make a dutch braid and pin the hanging part of the braid up and around the part that's "on your head". Slide the two "legs" of the hair toy under the braid and let the rose sit on the top of it. A quite bad explanation, I wish I had pictures to show...
i sorta understand what you are saying but my hands are not clever enough to french or dutch braid... they just learned how to do a single english braid behind my head..

JennQ
March 14th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Happy Birthday Squiggy!

cuddledumplin
March 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Happy birthday! That is quite a haul for $5. I hope you enjoy them.

morningstar
March 14th, 2008, 09:15 PM
What a great haul... nice job. As for the broken piece. Go and get some JB Weld. I think you can get it at hardware stores. I bought some pretty barrettes with butterflys on them and the first time my daughters wore them the broke off. Cheap welding job to begin with. I love JB Weld. You will too. (I sound like an ad)

sweetkandi
March 14th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Omg, I need to go there! Only 5 bucks? WOW! lol And Happy Birthday! :D

MelLuna
March 15th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Really good price for really beautiful toys.:cheese: I hope to see all that things in hahirpics as soon as possible.:D

Xandergrammy
March 15th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I love all your new stuff, Squiggyflop! It looks like you had a very happy birthday!!! I love all your new stuff, but I especially love the red flower with fork. It's beautiful. Very nice baskets you have for your hairtoys, too. Good job!! :thumbsup:

Garnet66
March 15th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Happy belated b-day. I like all your new toys. My favorite are the combs. pretty, pretty.

SHELIAANN1969
March 15th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Thats a great deal for 5$, and I like that basket/container your toys are in, its nice.

Oh yes, and Happy Birthday!!!!!

Patrycja
March 15th, 2008, 09:50 AM
you get the greatest deals.I can't even walk into Claires without blowing too much moolah.Deals,shmeels.I still spend too much.

addikted
March 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM
i filled one of the sections with glass marbles and stuck all my hairsticks in it...well almost all my hairsticks fit...

That is such a clever idea! And great haul for $5