PDA

View Full Version : Do you think oil shampoo and catnip rinses would work together?

Starblanket
November 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I get less shedding when I do oil shampoo washes with coconut oil as well as a lot less tangles, but it doesn't condition enough. Catnip rinses make my hair more shiny and conditioned, my scalp happy, while also keeping those horrible split ends at bay. So I got to thinking... :eyebrows:

Do you think mixing oil shampoo and catnip rinses together would theoretically work? By "mixing" I don't mean mixing oil shampoo and catnip rinses together and applying it to the scalp/hair, but rather just washing with the oil shampoo and then applying the catnip however you use it.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect routine, I honestly didn't expect it to take this long. LHC has influenced me to do some pretty...unconventional :gabigrin:...things to my hair but I don't really want to try this just yet because I'm going through a huge shed due to medical and stress issues. Anyway, this was just an idea I thought I'd throw out there. Thanks for reading everyone. :grin:

ktani
November 18th, 2011, 06:32 AM
It depends on what you want from catnip and the oil shampoo. For me, I do not use catnip as a rinse. I use it as a treatment and colour.

In my experience, catnip does not access the hair as well used after an oil shampoo in terms of conditioning or colour and the results are not the same as using catnip alone following shampoo alone.

Catnip does not in my experience, work well over coatings, and part of an oil shampoo is having coconut oil, if that is the oil used, coat the hair.

Used as a rinse following an oil shampoo, you may be pleased with it.

dene
June 1st, 2012, 09:02 PM
:confused::confused:what is the recipe for catnip for your hair?