PDA

View Full Version : Gloves for henna?

KatCooke
November 16th, 2011, 01:07 PM
So here I am, I have my mud all ready to apply and I cannot find any of my latex gloves. I have an old pair of leather gloves that I don't use anymore, and I am stranded at the house until hubby gets home late tonight. I really don't want the dye to demise and I really want to henna! :taz:
So my question is, do you think the leather gloves will work? Will the henna bleed through the leather and stain my hands? Do you think petroleum jelly would help with that as well? Is there a chance that the henna will react to the black dye on the gloves? Has anyone used grocery bags on the hands to apply?

I know I can freeze it and wait- but I'm impatient!!!

Cecalv
November 16th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I tried doing a small stripe of my hair for testing with freezer bags on my hands... not easy, wont ever try to do a whole head with that xD the mix kept running into every little crease and wrinkle in the bag so that a lot of it got wasted, allso the bags slide around on your hans giving you minimal control :/

Cant say anything for leather tho I did consider trying it before I ended up with the plastic bags.

Amber_Maiden
November 16th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't use it with leather gloves, you'll stain the leather.

I've used grocery bags, and I've also used without and just stained my hands. It comes off within a day or two.

KatCooke
November 16th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I don't mind staining the leather, they are old black gloves that I never wear. Do you think there would be any other detriment to using them?

Elysium
November 16th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I've used plastic food bags before, not very comfrotable but do-able.
If you have any washing-up or household/gardening gloves lying around, they would probably work better. Like the bright yellow cotton-lined thick plastic type.

katsrevenge
November 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I use the yellow dish washing gloves for henna.

I don't think that henna would go through the leather... but even if it did the henna washes off easy if you don't leave it on your skin long.

Amber_Maiden
November 16th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I don't mind staining the leather, they are old black gloves that I never wear. Do you think there would be any other detriment to using them?

Leather is pretty rough, might scrap against your hair a bit...

Pierre
November 16th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I'd rather henna with bare hands than with leather gloves. I just hennaed last night, and I scraped bits of henna from the bowl with a finger, after I got out all I could with the root shooter. Only then did I put the gloves on - with a squirt of henna in the tip of each finger. :) With gloves on, I couldn't feel what I'm doing. The gloves I use are blue ones from Mehandi.

Foxy_Booker
November 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM
If it were me I would use the leather gloves. And I would definitely not use bare hands. I did that once and my hands were stained for about a week but my nails stayed permanently orange until they completely grew out a few months later.

KatCooke
November 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I wound up using the leather gloves and they worked really well, and now they can be my henna gloves- score!
I can't do bare hands- at least not to start. I take a really long time applying and my hands would be stained forever!