PDA

View Full Version : Just did my first strand test!

Nymeria
November 13th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I'm totally new to henna. Got my Twilight samples in the mail today and did my first henna strand test. I think I may have gotten it a little too runny. I put in very hot water, a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar, a drop of olive oil and a dash of cinnamon.

I don't know if I waited long enough for good dye release. It looked dark on top and green underneath when I ran a spoon through, but I think next time I'll leave it a few hours. I left my hair in there for four hours and it didn't turn green! :D I was worried about that with my chemically colored hair, lol. I can tell no difference at all right now from my colored hair to my roots, so that was also good.

How many days should it take for it to settle into the actual color? From what I can tell right now, I'm very happy with how it came out. I didn't know what to expect.

aisha.christine
November 13th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Are you using Rajasthani Twilight?
My experience with this henna is that the dye release is pretty quick, especially if you used very hot water. I have used tepid water, and have had it turn a reddish brown within three or four hours. The dye should be brownish on top as opposed to green, I'm not sure if you waited long enough. :(
The dye should oxidize in 2-3 days. :)

Nymeria
November 13th, 2011, 11:16 PM
It was dark brown on top. It was green underneath that.