PDA

View Full Version : Cassia Obovata Newbie

Amiblue
November 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I am interested in using Cassia Obovata for the first time to help with strength. I CO wash right now and am still working on finding out exactly what my hair likes in terms of washing, oiling and conditioning. I would like to enhance my current color without changing it. I also don't know where to buy quality cassia that is easy on the budget. Would anyone have thoughts and suggestions for me? I also plan on doing 3 other family members at the same time and think doing the first and then a week later doing a second to get a buildup. Would that be good? My picture on the left is current of my hair, though I do have some natural highlights in blonder colors, red and golden strands. You can really see them in the sun light and I don't want to lose them. Thanks!!

Annibelle
November 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I did my first cassia treatment last weekend. :) I'm going to do another next weekend. I bought mine for $7 at Whole Foods, and I used about half of it. I don't know how it compares to other brands, but it was Rainbow Henna brand.

Amiblue
November 13th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I just checked online the whole foods closest to me (27 miles) and they aren't showing it. I will have to call to see I guess. Thanks! Does anyone know how this brand compares and if it is priced fairly?

Annibelle: How much did you get for the $7? Thanks!

coffinhert
November 13th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I buy my cassia from hennasooq.com. It's good quality.

lastnite
November 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I also use the Rainbow brand.. iherb.com sells it fairly cheap and you can use coupon code ECI175 for $5 off your first order

Annibelle
November 13th, 2011, 05:35 PM
The Rainbow Henna cassia I bought is like 113 grams, which, for me, is enough for two treatments. :) I think they recommend, like, 130 grams for WL hair, but I definitely didn't need that much-- but I don't have thick hair.

Amiblue
November 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks everyone! Will it do anything to my red and golden highlights I have naturally? I know it may turn my blond ones more golden. Should I use it straight with water or mix for my hair? I would be completely lost without all of you!