PDA

View Full Version : It looks like my henna is washing out...

akilina
November 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
So, I used henna on my hair on Tuesday or Wednesday. it started looking really pretty and i didn't wash my hair until last night and now it looks awful.
It looks dull and flat. and not only that the color is just not pretty :(
at my blond roots it doesn't even look like the henna changed their color at all now.
I really don't get it. Maybe the henna i used wasn't good enough?
can anyone suggest a henna that i should use?
and is this normal?

seethruugirl
November 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I buy mine from www.hennaforhair.com and I've been really happy with it. Ive been a customer of theirs for almost 5 years now. How did you mix your henna and how long did you dye release it and how long was it on your hair? There is lots of info over there as well as here for how to henna your hair to make it last. Good luck!

princesitamaria
November 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
didnt you use indigo? indigo washes out fast- it takes a few times to build reg henna up on your hair and it wont fade so quick if you just use the regular kind, I used indigo and it was gone within two weeks the first time, then I put grapefruit juice in it and it is fine now, I am getting some regrowth so I am just doing it again with the reg kind so it looks good to me and stays in permentately lol, but I got grey hair so thats considered blond and it is still covered from last time I did it. Also u gotta keep it on for at least two hours, if you ever put henna on your skin it will wash out quick but if you do a couple applications every few weeks and the longer u keep it on, you will be good after three, and also go to hennasooq and make sure u get henna that is from this year and is tested to have dye content that is over 2.0

akilina
November 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM
i let it dye release over night and left it on my head for 4 hours.
ive read around and found this is normal after just the first time
and also that i used indigo too so it makes sense.

a co-worker said that my color was awful basically, so now im sort of self conscious about it :(
im thawing the rest of my plain henna so i can use it tonight.

is there any way to get quick dye release?

ive been wanting to order from henna for hair! that was the next place i was going to get it from because the henna i used was sorta lame.

thanks for the help to you two :]

princesitamaria
November 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
ur welcome :) and I just wanted to tellu that I red that indigo released in like ten minutes so u gotta get it on ur hair immediately lol, with reg henna you dont gotta be in a rush cause u want it to release on its own, right? lol good luck tell us how it goes and dont worry what other people think henna is def a process to become a pro

jesis
November 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I use Lush Caca Noir, I've used it about 6 times over the last 6 months or so. It always washes out rather fast and it looks rather dull at first, but after a few washes it looks better.

It is building up in my hair. Each time it looks darker initially and then washes out to a darker color than the time before.

Also, I let my henna sit on my head for about 12-15 hours. That might help, too.

I agree with princesitamaria, hennasooq is a great place for supplies!

Are you using any oils in your hair? They help make my hair shiny.

akilina
November 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM
so tonight i ordered some new henna and im sure that it will work so much better than the stuff i used for it is a much better quality and better dye content :] im trying not to let the rude comment get me down about it and im just trying to remember it is an ongoing process.
it was funny...she also said "yeah, henna never sticks in hair" i thought it was funny seeing all the BEAUTIFUL henna heads on this forum!!!

jesis- do you order that off of hennasooq? and is lush something different than henna? yes i oil quite a bit maybe it was just dull because it was a little dry after that shampoo ive been trying to shampoo less and less. im totally curious about the lush caca! ive heard about it a bit around here but im not exactly sure on what it is