PDA

View Full Version : My results of local henna mixed with Rooibos tea

bunzfan
November 12th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I know several people were interested to see how this henna would turn out as i got it at the bargain price of £1 to show you how well it took here is my hair colour before and after.

Before:

my hair is naturally a medium to dark brown with some greys, i hadn't put henna on it since July.
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/004_opt3.jpg

After

I mixed up 200g of Dulhan henna mixed with Rooibos tea and left it on for 14 hours
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/001_opt7-1.jpg

In hind sight maybe i don't need to leave this brand on for so long....

Toiréasa
November 12th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Very pretty color,wow 14 hours I would have been insane by then I have made 8 hours but the itchies were driving me nuts :crazyq:

bunzfan
November 12th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Thank you, yeah i know i got sick of the heavy head and 1 shower cap and two winter hats luckily my head doesn't get itchy with henna. I put it on at 7pm last night and rinsed it out at 9.30am i couldn't stand it any longer.

If i want the mid lengths and ends darker because they don't match with my roots due to old box dye is the only solution a henna gloss? as i understand it they fade so i would need to do that regularly as well as my roots:(

cmg
November 12th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I have heard of people covering the roots with vaseline and then putting henna on the rest. I think you might give the henna one more chance to dye. Henna is really good at smoothing out differences.

McFearless
November 12th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I like the colour variation you have, but if you'd like the ends darker, load up your roots with oil and apply the henna to the ends. Don't pile all your hair at the top of your head when you're finished and you should be perfectly fine. You won't have to deal with an itchy head too since it'll be far from your scalp. Applying it before bed helps even more, you won't have to think about it much at all. :)

DCN
November 12th, 2011, 09:54 PM
It looks great, such a pretty color!

bunzfan
November 14th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I have heard of people covering the roots with vaseline and then putting henna on the rest. I think you might give the henna one more chance to dye. Henna is really good at smoothing out differences.

I like the colour variation you have, but if you'd like the ends darker, load up your roots with oil and apply the henna to the ends. Don't pile all your hair at the top of your head when you're finished and you should be perfectly fine. You won't have to deal with an itchy head too since it'll be far from your scalp. Applying it before bed helps even more, you won't have to think about it much at all. :)

Thanks for this so much ladies i had no idea if you did that you could build the colour up on the ends, now i know what i will be doing it i find it still to light:D