PDA

View Full Version : what do you do while henna-ing??

akilina
November 9th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I just got all the henna on my head about 45 minutes ago!!!
This is my first time too.
I plan to leave it on for probably 3 or 4 hours. my question is....
what do you all do while you have henna on your head to kill time??!:stirpot:

Blond On Blond
November 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Read. Knit. Sit at the computer. Clean the house. Give myself a pedicure.

Asequui
November 9th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Watch Netflix, read, chat w/ friends, sit on computer and do random web research, manicure, facial, nap, etc. Basically anything to keep you occupied and distracted from the ton of mud on your head while also fairly non-active so as to discourage dripping.

akilina
November 9th, 2011, 01:54 PM
i finally got it rinsed and its dry now...
it didnt really go in it with a way i expected it to look so im not too disappointed.
i posted some pictures in a new henna album of mine.
i cant wait to henna again! next time im only using henna and possibly even a different kind of henna. the one i used probably wasnt the best kind

Anje
November 9th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Generally veg out. That could be computer time, watching TV, reading, etc. Preferably activities that don't require too much head movement.

Shermie Girl
November 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM
<snip> while also fairly non-active so as to discourage dripping.

Have you tried stuffing? I used to use rolled pads of t.p. or paper towel stuffed in around the edges of my cap/wrapping to absorb drips. It was bulky but it was nice not to have henna wetness running down my neck and face every time I moved my head or the load shifted a little. :D

akilina
November 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
mine wasnt runny or drippy at all!
only in the last 2 hours when i put indigo over it all then it was like seeping out on my forehead haha :P

I love my new henna head!!!! Thankyou to all who have helped me out with figuring out how to do it all

Asequui
November 9th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Have you tried stuffing? I used to use rolled pads of t.p. or paper towel stuffed in around the edges of my cap/wrapping to absorb drips. It was bulky but it was nice not to have henna wetness running down my neck and face every time I moved my head or the load shifted a little. :D

Hmm, I'll have to give this a shot when my hennum/hennxus ingredients get here...:D

mine wasnt runny or drippy at all!
only in the last 2 hours when i put indigo over it all then it was like seeping out on my forehead haha :P

I love my new henna head!!!! Thankyou to all who have helped me out with figuring out how to do it all

So glad you love your henna! The shine is fantastic!

Rosetta
November 10th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Ahh, I just hate the way they always give advice how to "kill time" when hennaing - take a nap, watch a film etc. Apparently those people don't have children?!?! (Young ones in particular...) No need to find ways to "kill time" when you have! :wink: (Not to mention not much of a chance to take a nap or watch a film in the middle of the day...)

But in any case, I don't see much need for any special "time-killing devices" when hennaing; I've usually just done things I'd normally do, apart from going out of the house, that is :wink:

uglypug
November 10th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Sleep.

Too clumsy to not get it everywhere and my hair is quite heavy with the henna on so get a stiff neck.

Plus I'd be checking it every 5 minutes if I was awake:D

Mi-chan666
November 10th, 2011, 05:31 AM
I basically do anything I do when not hennaing, too. :) If you're afraid to ruin your carpet or furniture, just sit in the bathtub and take a nice long bath, if you have a tub, that is.

bunzfan
November 10th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I have to leave mine on for about 12 hours as i have dark hair, so i put mine on before going to bed.

PrairieRose
November 10th, 2011, 06:22 AM
I usually am putting the kids to bed. They always give me funny looks and then run to see me in the morning to see the color of my hair! After I put the kids to bed I just watch TV or read.

Pierre
November 10th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I sleep (sometimes I type on the computer for a bit first).

swearnsue
November 10th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I usually take a nap for part of the time. One time I went out to feed the chickens with my hair all full of henna and wrapped in towels and they didn't know who or what I was and it scared them! It was so funny how the stared at me with their little orange eyes full of suspicion!
Play solitare, look through cook books, watch t.v., or go to LHC website!

luciferia
November 10th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I sleep with henna in my hair. ^^

Buggheart
November 10th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I wish I could sleep with henna but I'd spend the whole night worrying about it getting on the sheets and pillows that I just can't. Fortunately I work at home so I just apply it before work and leave it on until lunchtime when I wash it out.

tigereye
November 10th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I usually do uni work, then as much housework as I can do which doesnt involve bumping into flatmates (which means staying out of the shared kitchen and hallway), catch up on the weeks TV on iPlayer (I don't have a TV), read a bit.

If it isn't done stewing on my head by the time I've done all that, I'll find a movie online, or in my iTunes that I haven't watched for a while, sit down to watch it with some black polish, water and cotton rags at hand and bull some boots. My army parade boots, army brogues, pipe band brogues and my black work shoes generally go in rotation. (I dont need to do my pipe band brogues or work shoes, but I like the mirror-shine look on the leather, and its satisfying to do.) Unless they're really horrible I can get a pair or two done in a decent length movie.
My last henna-ing (last week) I got a brand new pair of army brogues ready to go for remembrance.

Viscountess
November 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I meditate, nap, watch TV or read LHC....

Cecalv
November 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
baking trippel chocolate chips cookies as I type :D

owlathena
November 13th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I usually sleep! Sometimes I'll have a movie night and wash it out before I go to bed.

Annibelle
November 13th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Ahh, I just hate the way they always give advice how to "kill time" when hennaing - take a nap, watch a film etc. Apparently those people don't have children?!?! (Young ones in particular...) No need to find ways to "kill time" when you have! :wink: (Not to mention not much of a chance to take a nap or watch a film in the middle of the day...)

But in any case, I don't see much need for any special "time-killing devices" when hennaing; I've usually just done things I'd normally do, apart from going out of the house, that is :wink:

Hehe, I'm with this! I don't have kids, but I certainly don't have enough time to do all sorts of fun things to "kill time." I did my first cassia treatment last weekend and, though I left it on for only an hour, I spent the time exercising. :) No drips or anything... maybe I didn't do it right. :P I'll probably spend most of my cassia time writing, though-- gotta get that darn thesis written! Or grading papers... (Not sure how I'll explain it to a student if I get a cassia glop on the essay! :p )

Plume
November 14th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I stay at home where I either sleep (if I keep the henna on my hair the whole night) or work, read, watch a film...

MJheals
November 15th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I get a really stiff neck and sometimes a tension headache from the weight of henna on my head. Usually I make sure I'll have the whole day off so I can veg on the couch with my head on an old t-shirt to catch drips. If I were to try and move around too much or exert myself, it'd be a recipe for a migraine!

VikingVampChick
November 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Pretty much anything. Except that.