PDA

View Full Version : A henna+indigo mix question- tea acidity?

FluffSpider
November 4th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Hello! So I've decided to go for an actual true chestnut/auburn. I got myself some henna+indigo mix, and some henna. I can't buy pure indigo, only premixed with henna, and this is where my issue comes...
I know indigo isn't happy with acidity. I've established my proportions using warm/hot water, and I am doing another strand test of the proportion, on a more visible bit of hair, today, using water. If I use some hibiscus tea for the whole dye job, will it kill the indigo? Will the indigo fade faster? I don't mind redder results(they would even be prefferable, if they lean towards burgundy), I just need to steer clear of the orange.
What would you do in my place? Tea or no tea?

richter
November 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Hello,
Regarding your question,I am also from R and I know the pre-mixed combinations of henna sonia,for example,or the french Sipa.
I am using the mix named dark chestnut,or maroon, and the result is a dark chestnut colour, no red highlights.Mix only with hot water,and some cheap conditioner into the mix.
I have tried several recipes when I was using only henna,and the result was RED...but now I am bored of red,and the mix that I am using now gives me brown colour, without any red highlights
.I have tried to mix henna with black coffee,but I didnt noticed any special result.
Wish you luck into finding the perfect colour for you!

FluffSpider
November 5th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Update: did it with plain water. Better safe than sorry^^