PDA

View Full Version : 1st time henndigo= orange highlights

ladonna
November 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Should I henna again but this time do 1/3 henna: 2/3 indigo? Or 50:50 again? I'm trying to get all my hair dark brown again.

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I was the same boat as your in. I couldn't get it back to brown. it's now maroon, no matter how much indigo I use...

ladonna
November 4th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Maroon would be better than orange lol. My highlights are mostly coppery colored except for a couple inches in my bangs that are orange.

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Maroon would be better than orange lol. My highlights are mostly coppery colored except for a couple inches in my bangs that are orange.

ahhhh... Well, in that case, your ratio should work...

Anje
November 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM
When did you henna? I'd suggest you give it at least 3-4 days before repeating the process -- henna likes to start out very orange and calm down over a few days, so you don't know your final color right away.

coffinhert
November 7th, 2011, 08:08 PM
i found that hendigo turned my hair burgundy purple at first, but then it faded to dark auburn. it was never any kind of brown. i was doing 1/3 indigo, 2/3 henna.

cmg
November 8th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Ladonna: Perhaps you could try a different approach; first you henna the hair til it gets as DARK as you wish, followed by henndigos or indigo till you get the SHADE you want. I did this back and forth between brown and black for a while (based on virgin red hair with some grey streaks).

ladonna
November 11th, 2011, 04:34 PM
That's a good idea cmg.
Wednesday night I mixed 100 g packet of indigo with some leftover frozen henna paste (about 3/4 c.) and my hair is a color that I like. So I'm good for awhile.