PDA

View Full Version : Quick! Help needed with indigo gloss . . .

weatherwax
November 3rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
So here I am, sitting at my keyboard with indigo and conditioner dripping down my shoulders, and all of a sudden it hits me: I don't know what to do when I rinse it out. Am I allowed to use shampoo, or will that wash all the indigo away? I hennaed a couple of days ago and haven't used shampoo for about a week.

If anyone has wisdom to share, I'd appreciate it . . . Thanks in advance!

PolarCathy
November 3rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
So here I am, sitting at my keyboard with indigo and conditioner dripping down my shoulders, and all of a sudden it hits me: I don't know what to do when I rinse it out. Am I allowed to use shampoo, or will that wash all the indigo away? I hennaed a couple of days ago and haven't used shampoo for about a week.

If anyone has wisdom to share, I'd appreciate it . . . Thanks in advance!

My opinion is that it's best to avoid shampoo for 2 days and the cooler the water the better. Shampoo won't "wash it away" either but if you want really good stain then don't shampoo right after. GL!

weatherwax
November 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
You're a life saver! The timer just rang on my 'do. I used a pretty heavy home-made conditioner, not sure it'll wash out alone. But I'll wait at least until tomorrow afternoon to use shampoo.

THANK YOU!!

PolarCathy
November 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
You're a life saver! The timer just rang on my 'do. I used a pretty heavy home-made conditioner, not sure it'll wash out alone. But I'll wait at least until tomorrow afternoon to use shampoo.

THANK YOU!!

If you have to choose between not washing it out perfectly (--> itchies etc) but perfect color or using shampoo and maybe fading a little, I'd pick shampoo.

But I think you should be able to get it out with a LOT of water. Just try to use lukewarm max.