PDA

View Full Version : Will it be too dark?

AngelinIvy
October 27th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I just hennaed my hair last night, and tonight I am going to do a hendigo. But I am not sure of what ratio to use. I want very dark brown, but I don't want it to look like black, not even in low lighting. I have the palest skin possible and don't want to look like Morticia. I strand tested with first doing a henna and the straight indigo, as expected it came out black. Then I did a 80% indigo and 20% henna, and that came out just a little bit lighter, if you were'nt looking you wouldn't notice it. I didn't apply heat to the strand test, so I guess it wil come out darker on my head. I would like it to be just a little lighter than the 80/20 so would think to use 70/30, but if it goes darker from the head it will be way too dark. Should I go 65/35 or even lower. Or will the heat not affect it that much. I don't want it to be medium brown either. And how are you supposed to measure this without a scale. Is there a way to do it with tablespoons. I will use 300 grams to cover my head. When I did the strand test I left the hendigo for 2 hours, it wasn't a very warm color. Should I leave it on for 3 hours, or does that lighten it, or just warm it?

ellen732
October 27th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Why don't you do an indigo gloss (One tablespoon of indigo to one cup of conditioner) instead of a full head henndigo since you just used henna yesterday? This way you can control the build up of indigo. I would start with a gloss and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.

AngelinIvy
October 28th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Would it end up being more cool than warm that way? I want it to be slightly warm.

ellen732
October 28th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Would it end up being more cool than warm that way? I want it to be slightly warm.

Strand test first is your best bet.