PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried a 2 step with henna, buxus AND indigo?

earthymamawitch
October 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I'm looking to get jet black with blue overtones and mitigate the red of henna as much as possible. I was wondering if anyone had done a 2 step process, with henna mixed with buxus and a little amla for the browning factor it has, for the first step and then indigo for the 2nd? Was just wondering if the double dose of blue/green would really mute the red. I was thinking maybe roughly a 65% henna/25% buxus/10% amla, or if anyone has another mix suggestion I'd be open to it. of course i know you have to be sure to have enough henna deposit for the indigo to stick to... but i was thinking the bluish grey of the katam would make the initial henna much less orange and then the indigo would darken?

anyone tried this or have any thoughts/suggestions?

Jenn

cmg
October 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Try it and let us know! I'm thinking it might be less dark than with a normal two step, but there is no way to know without trying it. You are practically doing less henna and less indigo, but I might be thinking wrong here. The buxus will push it to a cooler tone (red rather than orange from the henna) but the Amla will push it back to brown. I have used a lot of buxus in several combinations but not this way, so please report what happens! :)

It seems to me you might be better off with a good regular two step and perhaps a BS-wash right before the treatments. This will make the dye stick better. And if you like blue then put some Panic Manic on top of it!