PDA

View Full Version : Any henna glosses without purple?

fairystar32
October 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Does anyone use glosses on the length everytime with no purple/burgundy effect?
I HATE doing roots only and like the effects on my length, but am at a colour I do NOT wish to darken any furthur.

I have Celebration for the roots and last time did that for 2 hrs then added a 50/50 PP henna and conditioner to the length for a hr, gave it a great shine with not much colour.

Would this eventually lead to purple?

I henna maybe 1 x a mth, as you do not really notice my roots much in between as my hair is pretty dark...

cmg
October 23rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
I dont think there is a general answer to this question. It depends on how fast your hair grows, how it takes damage from sun and weather, if henna bleaches off easily from your hair or not and how good your henna uptake is etc. I have used very weak glosses for a year now and been able to maintain a color that I like. But it is really tricky. And I feel it is more difficult, the lighter the desired color is.

Your reciepe 50/50 henna and conditioner is very strong. It will take you burgundy/purple pretty soon. I have to use perhaps 1 teaspoon dry powder henna mixed with conditioner to a full head (after doing the roots). Or 1 spoonful dye released henna in a cup of conditioner. Or I use alot of cassia and mix in 9% henna and 1% indigo, depending on what I want at the time.

You can go several ways. Either you make the gloss very diluted or you mix with cassia for shine and other benefits. Remember, less is more when it comes to henna!

fairystar32
October 23rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Thank you
I have only done one gloss, since switching to root only.
I will try one teaspoon in conditioner on the length and see how I go :)
I have really dark hair and my henna is pretty dark anyway as pictured below, so maybe it will be easier?
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_8216.jpg

Rosetta
October 24th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I used to do mostly glosses for years and never got any purple/burgundy... Actually, I'd have thought it isn't even possible with glosses, as I usually got quite coppery results - well, you learn something new every day :wink: My glosses weren't even very weak, for the most part, if I remember correctly.

cmg
October 24th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I think you have a phantastic hair color as it is, fairystar32!

fairystar32
October 24th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I have asked the the H4H forum too, I am going to try just 1 tsp of henna in a lot of conditioner, on the length, I like the colour it is and don't want it any darker, but prefer the total henna effect all over and what it does for my hair, so hopefully this will work without changing the colour. I only henna monthly anyway or sometimes even longer than that, as you dont really see the roots (well I do not notice them )