PDA

View Full Version : Biotin,gelatin and silica

Sookie
October 16th, 2011, 04:20 AM
I have heard that those 3 help with hair growth. Has anyone tried them? I am about to order some supplements..any recommendations? How much mg should i take everyday?

DancingQueen
October 16th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I tried silica once, but it never helped me. But I read a thread about castor oil a while ago, and i think I am going to try it out. :)

Hairitic
October 16th, 2011, 05:11 AM
I have also heard that Biotin and Horsetail Silica were good for hair/growth. Have also heard that gelatin is a good thing (not sure if it was specific to hair, though). I was taking 5000 mg Biotin but it caused excessive breakout so I cut back. I am now takin a Daily Multi and a Hair, Skin and Nails formula with combined amounts of: 8,500 iu Vit A, 3325 mg Biotin, 350 mcg Selenium, 1000 mg MSM. I've heard Vit A and
Selenium were also important. In addition, I take a seperate 1000 mg Horsetail Herb supplement. Someone on the forum also said they had great growth when they were taking Bee Pollen, so I recently started takin American Health Premium Bee Pollen Complex which has 1000 mg Bee Pollen, 10 mg Bee Propolis and 10 mg Royal Jelly. I've also ramped up my protein intake (I'm vegetarian) by eating a Tbs or so of Peanut Butter everyday and drinking some Kefir or eating Yogurt and/or egg every day. I'm sure hoping that all this helps, lol! :D
:cheese: