PDA

View Full Version : sitting here with saran wrap on my head!

Asahinasan
October 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Sitting here with my Lush Caca Rouge in my hair... I've had it in for about two hours now... (just shy by about 15 minutes) and honestly the saran wrap is driving me absolutely ape crazy... I want to pull it all off, and jump in the shower and get this stuff off my head!!!!!!!!!

:D

now mind you, yes I want it off, my head like NOW, but I also knew going into this that it could take at least two hours and at best (for me) three hours... but I'm pretty sure I can't last the three hours... not today... I have other things to do, (the least of which is clean my bathroom completely from top to bottom after I was this stuff out of my hair!!!

I also can't wait to see what this is doing to my hair... has it changed the color, has it made it softer, more voluminous, made any change at all... I'm an impatient little child who really really really wants to see the change like ... NOW!!! :D

ok I'm really going to try and wait at LEAST another 10-15 minutes before pulling the saran wrap off and washing this stuff off my head, so help me pass the time so I can last a bit longer!!! :D

StormVixen
October 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM
hows it going? have you washed it off yet? :)

Asahinasan
October 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
nope still sitting here with it in! I *MIGHT* actually make it three hours...

I'm playing on Facebook right now trying to pass the time, not sure if I will be able to make it or not the full three hours... I might just start oiling myself up so that I wont have to worry about any residual dye staining my (very) pale skin while I'm washing it out...

I got some on my arm while I was putting it in, and even with whipping it immediately, and scrubbing with soap and water, it still stained a bit...

Asahinasan
October 11th, 2011, 02:06 PM
ok I give up, I'm gonna go wash this stuff out of my hair now!!! See y'all on the flip side!!!

StormVixen
October 11th, 2011, 02:17 PM
hope your skin doesn't end up too orange :s see you soon :D

Asahinasan
October 11th, 2011, 03:22 PM
ok and its out... within about 10 minutes of a full three hours, and I have to say, I'm not sure I like it... :(

I think it might be too coppery for what I was wanting... and I didn't do the greatest application job I guess because I have about a six inch strip across the middle of my hair where its SLIGHTLY (and I do mean VERY slightly lighter not as bright red) so it looks like I'm a red zebra I guess...and I have a penny sized area RIGHT in the middle of my crown front and center that I guess I didn't get so splendidly because its darker (again not as red) as the rest... so I guess I will have to touch that up at some point tonight...

now that being said, all the horror stories I've heard about how hard it was to get out of your hair was a bunch of rubbish as far as I'm concerned! it did stain my skin a BIT if I didn't wipe it up IMMEDIATELY (which can be hard when you have henna covered gloves on that your trying to get off without making too much of a bigger mess...

the messiest part of it was the application which I did standing in my tub, but I guess since I didn't have my mirror handy that would account for my awful application job...

all in all I guess I just have to wait for it to oxidize I guess and hope it gets darker and less brassy...

honestly right now it looks too UN-natural on me, and I was really hoping to go for a natural color...

oh well, if this doesn't turn out fantastic, then next week I can try Caca Marroon, which I almost went for today, but balked thinking it was going to turn me too brown... :eye roll:

here is a before and after pic, you can't really see the brightness of the after, but I'll try to get an outdoors in direct sun pic by my hubby later

before:

http://i55.tinypic.com/w7n2fl.jpg

after:

http://i54.tinypic.com/v3ng9s.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e2hwcy.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qbxd7o.jpg
excuse the squinty eyes, I was looking right into the dying sun over my fence in the back yard trying to get some sun on my hair...

:( I'm not sure... I like the way the color is coming out in the pictures, (except for the last one which looks closest to irl, which I don't like...) I really really hope it oxidizes darker and less POW!

Asahinasan
October 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
wow not quite sure why the second pic is so huge... let me see if I can fix that...

lokiveil
October 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Hey, I think it actually looks very good for a first application..... Mine came out a very similar color the first time I applied henna (just straight BAQ bought at a local market)..... and I was almost appalled at how bright of an orange it was, lol (my hair had been chemically dyed a dark burgundy color, but the henna completely ignored that and pulled straight from my naturally blond locks).

After a few days, they color toned down...... but I still hated it :( I did love the condition of my hair..... Three days later I hennaed again..... and that time my hair picked up more color and was a nice deeper red. It still has a bunch of copper (but only in the sun :)

Give it a chance, and try to just do another straight henna before you go to the Maroon :)

StormVixen
October 11th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I kinda like the Pow-y-ness of it... hope it turns the way u want it tho x

Asahinasan
October 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
thanks guys, I guess I'm just totally used to my blah red hair, and this seems WAY UN-natural for my skin tone... I really hope it tones down a bit... I'm almost considering using my straightener on it to see if it will speed up the oxidation on it... but I'm afraid of using my straightener on it and damaging the hair that I just fixed with the henna!!! :D ugh...

Nae
October 11th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Nah give it a few days. In my opinion it doesn't look off with your skin tone at all. If you use the heat you could damage your hair and end up with weird sploches. It will darken some. After another application it will lose the coppery-ness. Promise. The streak in my photo is henna on straight up white/grey hair. It was flaming copper first time I did it, now it is nice and red. Have faith.

Breaca
October 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
This exact thing happened to me, I was mid brown chemical dyed but my natural colour was blondish, and the henna obviously went from the natural colour, so I ended up quite coppery.
Don't do what I did, which is panic and slap indigo on top...mine went very dark brown, which I hated! From seeing others pics I think the hair may deepen....just give it a chance and hide it under a hat or scarf if you start obsessing!! good luck

Pierre
October 11th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Welcome to Lawsonia! I had my head wrapped up for about six hours yesterday - not to mention my feet also wrapped up and my hands in gloves! No problem, I just slept through it :) Your last picture looks about right for freshly rinsed off first-time henna. It does get darker.

Juicematic
October 11th, 2011, 08:39 PM
FWIW- I think the color looks great on you! Not unnatural at all

Asahinasan
October 12th, 2011, 11:35 AM
ok ok ok so I know you guys said not to run out and just throw some indigo on it, and I didn't do exactly that... but I did run to my local Pakistani grocery and picked up some Amla and some Henna Maroon, and quickly (I do mean quickly) threw it on my hair as a sorta gloss I guess

and I'm liking the effect MUCH more after...

here are some pics from today's experiment!

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zmjc6w.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/29dia1x.jpg

its not a HUGE difference, but its closer to what I was expecting with yesterdays Henna... darker, less orange... I think next week when I get a chance I'm gonna do a real application of the Henna Maroon with the Amla and see what a full 3 hours gets me instead of 45 minutes!!!

ok ok ok I'm hooked on Henna now!!! :cheese:

halizabeth
October 12th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I think it's very nice color for your complection. It's different on camera than in person, so you will have to be the final judge, but yes leave it on longer next time just to see what it does at that point. I haven't done my own hair color in a long time. I've been going to the salon, but with all you doing home jobs, I might save me some money in the near future :)

Breaca
October 12th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I think your hair colour has improved a lot, I do have to say the Maron from lush in small stages will help, it does contain indigo though so take it slowly to achieve the right colour...otherwise it may go quite dark, but of course you have a while to go before then.

Asahinasan
October 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I actually didn't go with the Lush Maroon, I went with a box of Henna Maroon and Amla from the local Pakistani market just down the street from me... I feel that yes I loved the feeling and the ease of use of the Caca rouge, and might go with the Caca Maroon at some point from Lush, this was sooooo much easier (though more difficult to wash out in my honestly opinion) than the Lush Henna...

cmg
October 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Its a great color and it looks wonderfull to your complexion! If you used lemon your hair might still oxidize some.
I have 15 minutes left on my own treatment, then I will put in some henna gloss into the lenghts for half an hour.

halizabeth
October 12th, 2011, 09:34 PM
yes complexion is what I meant too... :\

fairystar32
October 17th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Love the second application, the colour is lovely.