PDA

View Full Version : Hennaed My Boyfriend's Hair

rowie
October 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Hello to all the LHC Henna addicts! I just thought I'd share the henna results I did for my boyfriend's newly hennaed hair. He usually does my henna, but he finally caved in and decided to try henna. I just thought I'd share his results to give people that might be similar to his hair type an idea of what henna and cassia combo looks like.

My boyfriend used to be a natural ginger! As he got older his hair started turning less red into a light brown hair. I didn't know that there were some gingers out there that have the color of their hair change color as they got older. Anyhow, to make this short, he told me he wanted a strawberry blond look instead of the bright red ginger hair he had as a kid. I used half henna and half cassia to achieve the look he desired. I did not use any amla powder because it did not matter whether he lost curls because he has really short hair. Enjoy!:cheese:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h130/wilsoncraigr/craighenna.jpg

Toiréasa
October 9th, 2011, 10:42 AM
It looks very natural with his red wisker it suits him well.

Mairéad
October 9th, 2011, 06:34 PM
It looks extremely natural!
Yes, there are many redheads who have pretty drastic color changes. Mine is medium blonde now, but I use 1/3 henna and 2/3 cassia to get extremely close to my "younger" color.

PixxieStix
October 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Oooooo, nice job! Interestingly enough, I just did a henna gloss on my FH hair for the first time ever today (I had leftovers from my henna job, so I figured why not?) and while he had bright red hair when he was a toddler, most of his life it has been brown. Now it just has a nice healthy red sheen to it, but is certainly still brown. I had brighter red hair when I was younger, but sadly due to the trichotillomania and just getting older, my hair has gotten darker and darker. I may one day have to face that the hair on the crown of my head is actually brown now instead of a medium auburn like the rest I didn't constantly pull out for 14 years, but then again, I may never know because I plan on being a henna head until I start going grey!

And again, your mix looks splendid on him! I love it when our SO let us play with their hair too!

halizabeth
October 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I would love my husband to go red. I might show him this thread :)