PDA

View Full Version : easy hennah/moisturemix????

ccmso12
October 5th, 2011, 09:10 PM
3 wks ago hennaed for the first time with Ancient Sunrise Rajasthani Twilight. Absolutely love the color, though my hair lost all its stretch afterwards. Been playing catch up with deep moisture treatments a couple times a week

This Im sure would happen with any henna I used due to the acid I mixed into it so am wondering about alternatives to mix it up (I used OJ the first go round). Anyone ever try mixing henna with condish?????? I know some use water only, but the 'how to' with the product says not to???

Kathie
October 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Yip I've mixed henna with conditioner a few times, this is how you do a henna gloss. For a gloss you only use a small amount of henna, anything from a teaspoon up, in a cup or so of conditioner. (Its been a while since I've done one). Depending on how much color you want you can play around with the ratio.

Blond On Blond
October 5th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I hennaed with Rajasthani from Henna Sooq and mixed it with water only. I oiled my hair liberally beforehand with coconut oil. No dryness whatsoever.

ccmso12
October 6th, 2011, 12:15 AM
did you heavily oil, then CO or poo wash??? Id be concerned about the henna not penetrating if I oiled just prior???

Sooze
October 6th, 2011, 01:19 AM
ccmso12, I also heavily pre-oil my hair before henna application, and there's no difference in the dye uptake to when I used to henna without oiling first. I just find the oil stops any dryness from being too bad.

Nordlilja
October 6th, 2011, 01:44 AM
I get best conditioning effect when mixing dry Yemeni henna, 1-3 tbsp, with a cup of a really cheap cone-free conditioner (it is called "coop X-tra" and you won't find it enywhere but in Sweden). I set it aside for a few hours, and then put it in wet hair, pile it on my head and wrap it in a really ugly towel. 1-2 hours is enough to get some colour, but most important: to get shine. Since my hair is medium brown (hazelnut) I dont get red hair, only reflexes in the sun, and my greys turn golden, but they turn back to grey (white, really) in a week or two. I like that, I dont have to worry about one day have completly white hair that will turn orange with henna. For me covering grey is not important, I am satisfied if the rest of my hair looks shiny and healthy. I have tried some EVOO or honey in my henna gloss, but I noticed no difference when doing so.

ccmso12
October 6th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Will try pre oiling, thank you for your advice