PDA

View Full Version : I like my hairdresser!

starlamelissa
October 3rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
My friend works at the walmart salon, and I go there to get my bangs cut every 5 weeks, and my son gets a hair cut too. They are so gentle with him, and try to make it fun, with toys and candy, as well as giving him a special water glass so he can rinse his mouth if any hair should fall in his mouth. He is three, so these things matter!

I decided to have my layers shortened by half an inch, and my hair dresser recommended a dusting on the length. I also got the bangs trimmed.

She used a comb that didn't snag once, cut it dry, and complimented my hair before and after the cut.

I didn't loose any length at all! But my hair feels softer, and the ends look thicker and fresh-er now. It was like magic :)

My bill for my cut and my sons cut totaled at 25 dollars. I tipped 10 bucks. Cause it was a great experience, and I don't get my length messed with often, so our total bill is usually pretty low. But they are happy to see us anyway.

Anyways I just wanted to share what a lovely time I had.

Annibelle
October 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
I'm so glad it worked out for you! I've been to Walmart hair salons several times, and the only negative experiences were my own fault. The first time, I was in 10th grade and decided to chop my nearly-TBL hair into a pixie. I loved it for about a year, but now I really wish I hadn't cut, because my growth has really slowed down. :( The other times I went, I got my hair dyed. They did a lovely job and I loved the colors! Now I wish I had never done it, but again, the experience itself was positive. :) I wish I could say the same about the reputable salons I've visited... each time, I left crying. :(

Rocket22
October 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
It's always nice to have a great experience. I would make sure you keep her number. A good hair dresser is worth their weight in gold. :)