PDA

View Full Version : Henna gloss on dark brown hair?

Beaglebuddy
October 1st, 2011, 05:14 PM
If I do a hennagloss on my hair which is normally fairly dark brown, but moreso now as I have used Lush Caca Brun, will the red be fairly subtle?
Even though I just love the henna reds, and yes I know with dark hair I probably wouldn't get really red with straight henna anyways, I just don't want a whole lot of red.
I am afraid to use straight henna but thought a henna gloss might work.
Like, if possible, I want it to look like I haven't coloured my hair at all, other than the red that shows in the sun.
The Lush Caca Brun for the first week or two, is quite dark, and even my mom said it does look like my hair has been dyed. That's the indigo i guess. But I was hoping to get something that really wouldn't show in normal lighting.

xoxophelia
October 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
I think if all you want is a flame of red in sunlight and nothing in other lights, henna glosses are the way to go.

Beaglebuddy
October 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM
thank you so much. I will try that. Maybe down the road I will do a full henna.

brok3nwings
October 3rd, 2011, 03:58 AM
My hair is dark blonde with medium blonde all over and i did a strong henna/cassia gloss and the first week i could tell but after that it went to a very blondish colour so you wont have problems getting much red with a henna gloss if your hair is brown

Beaglebuddy
October 3rd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Thank you! I can't wait to try a henna gloss and if I like the results you never know I may eventually do a henna, even if it does alter my hair colour a bit.

Wenbev
October 4th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Hi Beaglebuddy,
My first post here! I have curly dark brown hair with some grey and have done several full henna applications as well as henna glosses. I too started out with just glossing :) I prefer to use my full application leftovers ( thawed from frozen, of course) for glossings now. In my experience, the frozen henna has a stronger uptake on my hair and when I use it in conjunction with a cup of protein free conditioner, I still get color and all the benefits of a deep condition if I leave it in for at least two hours or one and a half with heat.

Beaglebuddy
October 5th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Thank you Wenbev! Can you tell me when you first did a henna gloss, did it really show up in your dark hair? I just want to start off with a little subtle colour and then proceed from there. It sounds lilke henna gloss is the way to start for that.