PDA

View Full Version : Cassia? Or Amla?

dRummie
September 20th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I've been searching the site for something to give me the conditioning benefits of henna without the colour, and it seems like either Amla or Cassia should do the trick. But the question is - which one? Or both?

What I want:
- that slight thickening/smoothing of individual strands that people report
- shine boost
- hopefully help curls, but at least not lessen them
- NO colour. I have ashy light brown hair that I do NOT want golden tones in...

Any suggestions? I can't figure out the difference between the effects of amla and cassia from the information I've been reading. Some people also use both, and I'd like to understand why.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated :)

mevsmyself007
September 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
hello there
add amla powder to your henna powder both in half the quantiites. soak it in iron utencil overnight and apply it next day. Amla has the tendency to nullify the effect of henna color. so your hair color wont get affected. Usually amla is used to protect hair from greying, if u apply it on monthly basis it will help to slow the process of greying hair

dRummie
September 21st, 2011, 04:40 PM
Hmm.. well, I know amla is used in henna mixes to cool down the colour, but I've never heard that it can eliminate the colour completely. My hair is quite light, lighter than it looks in my avatar, so I think if there's any dye in the henna at all, it'll pick it up. For that reason I'd rather stay away from henna altogether.