PDA

View Full Version : Old School Leather Stick Barrettes/Hair Slides

Dulci
June 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Has anyone ever ordered stick barrettes from Old School Leather (http://oldschoolleather.com/HairAcessories.htm)? I'm wondering how they hold up, and if the sticks are smooth.

I like the looks of them, they remind me of the first purse I got in the 70s. :p

Cinnamon Hair
June 26th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I have and found the medium ones are too small for a log roll but the extra large was obscenely big (as in stretches completely over a bun but not secure enough for anything but decoration). The sticks are ok, they're what you would expect for wood semi-sanded stick --as in too rough for my taste, but not terrible.

Dulci
June 26th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks Cinnamon Hair, that's a good point. I have a leather slide 4.5 inches across (same size as their Medium), which is tight on me, but their Extra Large is 6 inches wide. That's a big difference! Wonder why they don't do a plain Large about 5.25 inches wide? :ponder:

Cinnamon Hair
June 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks Cinnamon Hair, that's a good point. I have a leather slide 4.5 inches across (same size as their Medium), which is tight on me, but their Extra Large is 6 inches wide. That's a big difference! Wonder why they don't do a plain Large about 5.25 inches wide? :ponder:

It would be great if they did. The quality of the slides is very nice, they just don't quite fit for me. I wish my medium was that size, I like 4 to 4.25" between the holes but it seems like my medium slide was closer to 3 or 3.5". Maybe they vary depending on the design.

sapphire-o
June 26th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I have a medium sized slide. It's just a bit too small, OK for half-up. I think it should fit fine hair that compress easily or thinner than average hair. The quality is very good and the finish is smooth enough. I also wish they make a large size. I mean they have small, medium and extra large, so what's missing there? :)

cheekytweety
June 27th, 2008, 12:51 AM
They look nice.

Tap Dancer
June 27th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I have two large ones. They're pretty but they slide out of my hair within a couple of minutes.

longinthehair
June 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I have three of the large braided hair slides - I think they've lovely leatherwork! Must dig them out again..I can put it diagonally across a bun - great hold or diagonally over a figure-8. Personally I really like them. (I always use at least one 3" or so bunhead pin under most every style anyway - except Chinese bun, for secure hold.)

Patrycja
June 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I have their blue butterfly slide and the few times I've worn it,it was really nice.I do agree with CinnamonHair about the sticks.Mine is rough but not unwearable.I want to sand it down smoother and stain in black again but haven't gotten around to it.I have a pic of the slide in my albums-if you want to look,let me know.