PDA

View Full Version : Henna and BPAL?

Asequui
July 28th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I know there's a few people who add various herbs or EOs to their henna mix right before application to deal with the smell of it and I was wondering if anyone has tried doing the same with some BPAL? Would it change the color of the henna or the uptake of the dye? Would it even be advisable?

I don't necessarily hate the smell of henna. It's a heck of a lot better than commercial dyes, there's no question on that. And the grass/hay smell is nice. But, I find that it can be a bit much after a while.

Any thoughts?

wvgemini
July 28th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't want to waste my bpal! Maybe some Monoi Oil? That way you could get the boost from the coconut oil with added scent of the Tiare or Vanilla or whatever :)

Asequui
July 28th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't want to waste my bpal! Maybe some Monoi Oil? That way you could get the boost from the coconut oil with added scent of the Tiare or Vanilla or whatever :)

I've got a couple of imps that I don't ever wear but might smell nice in the henna.

I'll look up Monoi oil since I love the smell of vanilla. :D

Unofficial_Rose
July 28th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Obviously BPAL runs the full gamut from delicate to pungent - but I think even the strongest BPAL would be defeated by henna.

Last time I hennaed I forgot to put any ginger powder in and I had very henna-smelly hair for a couple of days :lol: You are right, it's not a bad smell, but it's pretty dominant.

xovictoryxo
July 28th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I never tried it... but always been tempted too, I also dont think it would mesh well and be a waste. I like using ground cloves and cinnamon