PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Just found some photos of my longer hair!

HairFaerie
May 26th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I just found these photos and wanted to share! It seems I have a habit of going from pixie to BSL and then pixie again!

I haven't seen pics of my BSL hair in a long time. It seems so long. When I had it, my hair didn't seem very long at all. Also, I always hated my wave pattern but now looking at this pic, I really like it!

This is my natural color too on both of these.

I hope one day it can look like it did in 2005!
(I just have to leave it ALONE!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7919&pictureid=103741

spidermom
May 26th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I know that leaving it alone can be tough. I've wanted long hair all my life but was too impulsive until my early-to-mid 40s.

HairFaerie
May 26th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I think I will be OK once I get past the awkward stage - which for me was between chin & APL.

After that, it should be smooth sailing!

Gosh, I keep remembering those three years....it seems like one day I had a pixie and said "I'm going to grow my hair out" and the next thing you know....it was BSL! I didn't obsess about it then. I simply let it grow. I don't even remember an awkward stage.

Last year when I attempted it, I was obsessed and really hated my awkward stage. I didn't make it out of it...hence, the pixie again!

Seems I am becoming more impatient in my older years! But, seeing this photo for the first time in a long time, I have new inspiration...my own hair!

WaitingSoLong
May 26th, 2011, 11:17 AM
That looks longer than BSL to me! Almost waist.

I don't know why but it never even occured to me I could grow my hair until a few years ago. I mean, everyone else is always changing their styles. I like change, makes everything fresh or new or different...the opposite of mundane. It was hard for me to view my unchanging (but growing) hair as NOT mundane. That is where LHC is so helpful, all the styles you can learn. It is tough to stick it out through the 'tween phases. Just try to keep a 1 year goal in mind. If you think "well my hair will be that long in about 3 years" that just seems too distant.

But it is nice to habve inspiration. As I have posted a few times on LHC when the "inspiration" subject arises, my own picture from about age 20 was my inspiration. I have largely surpassed that now (I think I was almost waist?) and my inspiration is now mostly curiosity. How long can I grow it? How long do I want to grow it? I do confess JJJ is one of my inspirations now. Whew. That woman's hair!

oktobergoud
May 26th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Woah, your hair grows FAST! :o
I do love short hair on you, but the longer hair is pretty as well :)

jojo
May 26th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Your lucky you suit all lengths. I really look awful with short hair but short hair can be pretty too.

HairFaerie
May 26th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Woah, your hair grows FAST! :o
I do love short hair on you, but the longer hair is pretty as well :)

Thank you!

Yes, that works against me sometimes. I do like short hair on me too which is why I am always tempted to go back to pixie all of the time!

HairFaerie
May 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
That looks longer than BSL to me! Almost waist.

Actually, it's about an inch longer than BSL. I have strange proportions! My upper back is very long. The longest stretch is from shoulder to BSL (appox. 9+ inches). From BSL to waist for me is only about 4+ inches.

To think I was so close to waist at that point and then went back to pixie! :justy: