PDA

View Full Version : Updo for a very special occasion?

Kherome
March 17th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I found out yesterday, that after 2 years of being on the waiting list, that the organization I applied to has a sponsor for me and in the coming months I'll be getting my Service dog! :cheese: In a couple of weeks I have to do a media event and thank my sponsors, and accept the big giant cardboard check etc.:o I'm not a very public person so that'll be hard for me.

So I'm trying to decide how to wear my hair. I never wear it down, so I thought about doing that just for something different, but since I'm going to be so nervous, maybe it's better if I just wear it up as I'm used to. I want to look nice though since I'll be in the paper and on the news etc.

Suggestions? Thanks!

ETA: I own a TT, a Flexi 8 and by monday a cedar grahtoe studio fork...thats it for hair toys!

BrightEyes7
March 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Personally if I'm going to have my picture taking I prefer to leave my hair down. It doesn't look so harsh on film. Maybe you can do a lace braid in the front with you hair loose in braid waves. That's what I would do.

Kherome
March 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Personally if I'm going to have my picture taking I prefer to leave my hair down. It doesn't look so harsh on film. Maybe you can do a lace braid in the front with you hair loose in braid waves. That's what I would do.

I can't lace braid:( or french/dutch braid.

Kathie
March 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I looked in your album and found a flip bun (I think) with diamantes. Thats very pretty! The diamantes aren’t too much either, they just add a touch of femininity.

Coan-Teen
March 17th, 2011, 04:17 PM
What about a soft half-up with the flex-8? Something a little loose to keep from being harsh. That way it's not in your face but you can still have most of your hair down.

Kathie
March 17th, 2011, 04:20 PM
One other thought, are you able to post pics of a couple of style options using your toys? Styles that you would feel comfortable wearing on the day.

Timkerbelle
March 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I'm afraid I have no input hair wise, but I would really like to say a great big congratulations! :)

Vorvolaka
March 17th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I second the half up, that's always my go to hairstyle for occasions where I know I'm going to be photographed.

However, I love your milkmaid style braids!

Kherome
March 17th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I looked in your album and found a flip bun (I think) with diamantes. Thats very pretty! The diamantes aren’t too much either, they just add a touch of femininity.

That bun was an accident that I haven't been able to replicate since that day. :D That was just random hair play and I still haven't figure out how I got there, yet.

abbatabba1137
March 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Maybe try the length full of braid waves and clip back small sections from each side? Like this. (http://dresslikeashley.org/hair/pics/128.jpg)

Congrats BTW!

Firefox7275
March 17th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Great to hear you are getting a service dog! :cool: I like the idea of an up-do as you can show people who don't know anything about long hair that you don't have to wear a basic bun or ponytail. There are some awesome styles in the Articles section, some of which have a part of the style visible at the front so would look good on camera - I like the 'fluffy folding braid' very much.

Kherome
March 17th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Great to hear you are getting a service dog! :cool: I like the idea of an up-do as you can show people who don't know anything about long hair that you don't have to wear a basic bun or ponytail. There are some awesome styles in the Articles section, some of which have a part of the style visible at the front so would look good on camera - I like the 'fluffy folding braid' very much.

Fluffy folding braid? I'll see if I can find it...

Kherome
March 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Nope, I went through 12 pages of hair styles and didn't see it?

elbow chic
March 17th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I vote half-up, too. Having a bit of hair down makes me feel safe in difficult situations, but it's also out of my face that way and I don't feel self-conscious about it. And it looks good in pictures.

Congrats and good luck!

Phexlyn
March 18th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Fluffy folding braid? I'll see if I can find it...
Maybe she meant the masara? Torrin Paige has a video on it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND5dJXnBs2k

I was going to suggest the flipped bun from your album as well, but since you said you haven't been able to replicate that since that might not be an option. I managed to do one with these instructions, in case you still want to try it:
http://www.suite101.com/content/four-easy-buns-for-long-hair-a139870

For a photo, it's always nice to go for a softer look, so either hair half down or some gentle swoops around your face before it goes into a bun. Do something that is secure and very comfortable so you don't have to fuss with it. You'll be nervous enough so you don't want to be stressed by your hairstyle!

A Gibson Tuck would be a great option, but I think your hair is way too long for that. :o I hope you find something suitable that you're happy with!

And congratulations on getting a service dog! :D

Kherome
March 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Maybe she meant the masara? Torrin Paige has a video on it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND5dJXnBs2k

I was going to suggest the flipped bun from your album as well, but since you said you haven't been able to replicate that since that might not be an option. I managed to do one with these instructions, in case you still want to try it:
http://www.suite101.com/content/four-easy-buns-for-long-hair-a139870

For a photo, it's always nice to go for a softer look, so either hair half down or some gentle swoops around your face before it goes into a bun. Do something that is secure and very comfortable so you don't have to fuss with it. You'll be nervous enough so you don't want to be stressed by your hairstyle!

A Gibson Tuck would be a great option, but I think your hair is way too long for that. :o I hope you find something suitable that you're happy with!

And congratulations on getting a service dog! :D

Ok, well I tried it. I still can't french braid, and I couldn't make it look nice. :(

MissBiss
March 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
This lady presents a lot of pretty styles on her youtube channel: link (http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon)