PDA

View Full Version : I turned my roots orange!-HELP!

Pear Martini
March 16th, 2011, 11:58 PM
nevermind, thanks

xoxophelia
March 17th, 2011, 12:16 AM
If it looks that orange and you want blonde I think you will need to bleach it further and then apply a toner.

Pear Martini
March 17th, 2011, 12:19 AM
.................................................. ....................

xoxophelia
March 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Don't fret. If it is just your roots, maybe you should try a head band of some sort? Guys really don't often notice our hair quite as much as we do in regards to color.

It would be best to wait on more bleaching for a week or at least a few days to give your hair a chance to rest if you can. Some coconut treatments should help as well.

Pear Martini
March 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM
THANKS for the help

Firefox7275
March 17th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I'd be inclined to get a hairdresser to fix this, going from dark brown to blonde is a big leap to attempt at home. What did your strand test show up? Did you not leave it long enough or was there residue on the hair that stopped it bleaching properly? If you need something short term, why not put a temporary colour over the top, a dark ash blonde to cover the brassy tones?

Phexlyn
March 17th, 2011, 02:14 AM
If your first time of doing your roots turned out like this, wouldn't it be better if you saw a stylist to correct it? You don't want to mess up further, and then have to see a stylist anyway. Just my thoughts, I hope you get your desired colour without too much damage :)

lara grace
March 17th, 2011, 03:41 AM
If I was you I would use a high lift colour that lightens and tones at once. I'm pretty sure there are a few types at Sally's, and the Ion brand definitely has one.

Katze
March 17th, 2011, 05:14 AM
It's not an answer, but I was recently talking to my stylist about how my hair used to always go orange when I bleached it myself, and she said that I have 'a lot of red pigment' in my hair so that orange happens really easily. When I did bleach, I found I needed toner/blue or violet shampoo or similar things very frequently. It is one of the reasons I decided to go natural. Maybe the same is true for you, or maybe you could consult a professional? Just my two cents. ;)

Pear Martini
March 17th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Ahahahahhahah

metricfuture
March 17th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't tone it just yet, but you may want to pick up some shimmerlights shampoo (I think it's made by clairol). The purple in in should counteract the yellow, but don't leave it on too long!

Pear Martini
March 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Krazy Krazy

Lianna
March 17th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Use a light ash blonde dye only on the roots for 15min, and on the tips for the 5 minutes more.

honeyblonde
March 17th, 2011, 09:15 PM
This happens sometimes....:mad: Try Loreal natural blonde on the roots only! I have done this, this is the only color that saved me!!!

Lynda
March 17th, 2011, 09:23 PM
If you can get a friend to do the roots ONLY in ash blonde, the cheap haircolor brushes work great for application. They are 99 cents at Sally.

Lianna
March 17th, 2011, 10:01 PM
This happened to me a number of times (trying to get golden blonde), you can do only roots, I just suggested a bit on the tips too so it blends better.