PDA

View Full Version : Castor Oil?

thriftesfai
March 16th, 2011, 08:49 PM
How do you guys use it in your hair? I just got some and it's really sticky! Is it easy to rinse out? Has anyone seen any results?

Bellona
March 16th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I love castor oil, but it's not a "leave in" oil for me. I run a bit through my hair at night and then rinse it or wash it out in the morning. It's the only oil I can leave in my hair at night without breaking out my face!

shikara
March 16th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Yes it sure is sticky isn't it, but if you apply it carefully - being aware of how your fingers and hands are moving - it's not too much of a nuisance. It does WONDERS for my scalp and I don't have to leave it on too long before I wash for it to work. I've also applied it to my length. A couple times with just a couple drops (heating it up by rubbing my palms together) and once I applied quite a bit so I could experiment with updo's and such because it wouldn't tangle that way. I'm pretty sure there are other threads on this site related to castor oil and its uses for hair. Even if for some reason it turns out that you might prefer another oil, castor oil is great for SO MANY things - just google it!!

PraiseCheeses
March 16th, 2011, 09:41 PM
This thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18265) may be relevant to your interests. :)

You can dilute it with a lighter oil like jojoba, almond, or grapeseed to make it easier to apply. I apply it undiluted with my fingertips, massage in, and I've never had a problem removing it, either with a baking soda dilution or a light cheapie conditioner.