PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the humidity!!! =(

whiteisle
March 16th, 2011, 03:40 PM
It's back. It's official. The humidity has taken hold of my hair in it's ruthless grasp and left me with The Frizz. Gah!

Just wondering what the rule of thumb is when it comes to humidity, silicones, humectants, etc. When the humidity is high what do you use and what do you avoid?

......*off to look up the de-frizz spray recipe*....

princessp
March 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Lol, in season we've got mad humidity here too (though it is not quite here yet). My advice is a catnip rinse, wowza do I love catnip right now.

heidi.maryke
March 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM
As someone who has lived in a tropical climate her whole life, I still do not have a solution to humidity frizz. I guess having your hair completely dry before stepping outside helps, coconut oil or a tiny amount of coney serum over the top helps too. Keep hair wrapped up/covered helps as well.

whiteisle
March 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Ooo, catnip.......I'd forgotten about it's wonderous properties! Thanks! :)

whiteisle
March 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
As someone who has lived in a tropical climate her whole life, I still do not have a solution to humidity frizz. I guess having your hair completely dry before stepping outside helps, coconut oil or a tiny amount of coney serum over the top helps too. Keep hair wrapped up/covered helps as well.

I used olive oil today and it helped a little. But the best solution was a ponytail! lol

selderon
March 16th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Catnip... hmm. How do the cats react to you when your hair has been rinsed in catnip? I'd like to try it, but I don't want to bring out the niphead in Yang. He's not kind when he's high.

wvgemini
March 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I have yet to find something that really works on combating the frizzies. Catnip rinse, you say? Hmmm ...

Catnip... hmm. How do the cats react to you when your hair has been rinsed in catnip? I'd like to try it, but I don't want to bring out the niphead in Yang. He's not kind when he's high.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-pictures-cats-have-a-spaz-attack.jpg

The kitties like your hair.

dmitri
March 16th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I would love to try a catnip rinse... but we just got a cat. I have no idea how he reacts to catnip, and he's already tried to play with my hair once!

Firefox7275
March 16th, 2011, 06:00 PM

How is he with valerian or honeysuckle? The effects are unrelated so your boy might be all cute and roll around with another drug. :)

selderon
March 16th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Valerian and honeysuckle can be used the same way?

whiteisle
March 16th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I've used catnip rinses with no ill effects from my catnip-happy Siamese. Of course, she is a senior citizen and that may play a role...:p And she's a happy drunk anyway so no threat there either. lol

selderon
March 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
That's hopeful. Yang is a mean niphead. He pushes aside the other cats and noms all the nip so nobody else can have any.

Coda is a drooly niphead. And she thinks Vick's VapoRub is also catnip.

x0h_bother
March 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM
For me, humectants=humidity, I avoid them like the plague in the summer, using heavy heavy cones. :D