PDA

View Full Version : What is the most amount of growth you've had in any given period?

TropicalBreeze
March 16th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I had 1 inch of growth in 2 weeks. And that was from daily scalp massages combined with taking the following vitamins: silica, high grade fish oil, b12, MSM and vitamin D.

Firefox7275
March 16th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Most of those are not vitamins?? Also vitamin D can be toxic in higher doses and can be cumulative, and is found in many fish oil supplements. Few health professionals will advise you to supplement individual nutrients. Sorry to be negative but it worries me how many people are taking risks with their health for the sake of hair.

Avital88
March 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM
one inch in 10 days! i was taking silica, flagseed-oil and B vitamins.i do think silica was the major ingredient for letting it grow that fast..Need to buy it soon :)

enfys
March 16th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I had an inch in two weeks when I started taking fish oil and ginseng, but they were for my mood and sketchy diet. It was also the week I started castor oil treaments. I think a combination of that gave me a boost but now it has slowed down to my normal rate.Right after that two weeks in fact.
I take silica but it is not in my multi; without it my nails fall apart.

I'm happy to plod along with my half inch a month and know that if I run out of some pills I won't get a big shed or anything like that. Except my BCP, but if I run out of that I'll have bigger issues on my hands!

Kaeita
March 16th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Mine was growing 1cm every 2-4 days, for about a month over christmas/new year (middle of summer here). I'm still trying to figure out what I was doing differently then. I did try some supplements (for other health issues, hoping better hair would be a side effect) late January to mid-February, but my hair barely grew at all in February.

christine1989
March 16th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I had about 2 inches in one month taking silica but then it returned to its normal growth rate. I never figured out why.

NordicPandi
March 16th, 2011, 08:12 PM
3/4 inch in 1 week. I was taking diatomaceous earth, about a tablespoon per day, it happened the second week after starting it. After that, my hair went back to normal growth rate (1/2 per month) I quit taking the DE, but might try it again to see if I get another little spurt.

For those who had luck with silica, what kind was it?

knoxkatie
March 16th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Most of those are not vitamins?? Also vitamin D can be toxic in higher doses and can be cumulative, and is found in many fish oil supplements. Few health professionals will advise you to supplement individual nutrients. Sorry to be negative but it worries me how many people are taking risks with their health for the sake of hair.

i think she meant vitamins and supplements.

i believe the word "toxic" is a bit alarmist. water is also toxic if you consume too much of it :) most people don't get enough vitamin D - especially in winter. here is a reference for the recommended daily allowances of vitamin D:

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind

you are correct that consuming excessive amounts of vitamin D can be bad for you, but the in the article above the NIH states "symptoms of toxicity are unlikely at daily intakes below 10,000 IU/day". 10,000 IU/day would be majorly overloading. my capsules are 1,000 IU.

I think you are confusing fish oil with cod liver oil. cod liver oil has vitamin D in it, while fish oil does not.

I think most people would agree that you should discuss the vitamins and supplements you take with your doctor. sorry to go all debate team on your comment but that just rubbed me the wrong way because I take vitamin D during the winter and it has had a major effect on my energy levels and overall happiness in the wintertime.

UltraBella
March 17th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I am taking vitamin D as well, my doctor told me to. My mother takes it too, doctor's orders.
I am also taking fish oil capsules for the omega-3 benefit and there is no vitamin D in it. The average American is vitamin D difficient according to the American Medical Association and supplementing is recommended.
I have three doctors in my immediate family and they advise patients to supplement individual nutrients all the time.

To answer the thread question, the most growth I have ever noticed is 1 inch in two weeks. I normally get 1 inch per month and didn't do anything differently so I have no idea what caused it.