PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hairstyles

Medievalhair
March 16th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Hey Ya'll I'm back for a bit anyway. I'm looking for some hairstyles for waist to tailbone fine hair. I had stopped henna for the winter and will probally be picking it up again. And I was looking at amish hair pins. Do they work well in fine hair?

Thanks so much
MH

pepperminttea
March 16th, 2011, 03:43 AM
What sort of hairstyles were you going for? Buns, braids, something for a specific event... ? :)

As for Amish pins; if you try them, go for the crinkled ones. The straight ones slip right back out of my hair. Or there's always Goody Spin Pins, they've never even started falling out in my hair.

Medievalhair
March 16th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I'm looking for buns mostly. Well I have tried crinkle ones and they don't stay in my hair. I wanted to try the long straight ones, since they work like hair forks.

enfys
March 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I'm looking for buns mostly. Well I have tried crinkle ones and they don't stay in my hair. I wanted to try the long straight ones, since they work like hair forks.

They don't; they pop out. I have fine hair and almost lose some each time I use them. I want to try the crinkle ones. Never had a hair fork slip like they do!

Most of the almost 80 styles I have blogged about can be found in the article section of this site. It's a great recource.

CarpeDM
March 16th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Yes amish pins are wonderful and the crinkled ones are better for fine hair, I've tried both :)

Medievalhair
March 17th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Ok, I wanted to try the short straight ones. I know quite a few styles already that I can do, but I have become a little bored with them, and I need some styles that will work to dance in as well. I have tried the non-twisted buns but they don't stay at all in my hair.

Yamainu
March 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I'm near hip, and have recently fallen in love with the infinity bun, held with a couple spin pins. I also like a modified spidermom bun - just twist the pony before you wrap it, and I wear it with a flexi.