PDA

View Full Version : Dear hair

lora410
March 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I thought it would be cool to write a letter to our hair and get out any frustrations we have with it.

Dear hair,

How have you been? I have not seen you in awile since you started living in bunville. Today though we re-united for a brief while as you came down off that hill to get clean of your sins. You are looking very good these days and it seems you have grown taller;alas not much though. Hair I am so sorry for the abusive relationship we have had in the past. I know I contantly humilated you when i took you to see the people who always cut you down(stylist). On top of that I left you out in the sun almost everyday and you got heat exhausted (hair dryer).I know i tore you down with my rough comments (brushing), but hair i dont understand how you gave me more respect then, then you do now.You contantly got taller much faster;eventhough you had low self esteem. Now as we have been going to therapy you refuse to do anything for me. I treat you like a queen and lavish you with love, but you still hold a grudge. Oh hair please come back and love me again I promise to always be good to you forever.

Love, your follicles :D

Curlsgirl
March 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I love this idea!

Dear curls, I am so sorry first of all for trying to straighten you out all of those years. You weren't meant to be like all the rest of the girls and I know that now. I admit I didn't know that if I let you be yourself you would shine so and people would even LOVE you! I didn't even KNOW you were as fun and lively as you are naturally! If I had I would have stopped ironing and smoothing the heck out of you years ago!!!! Anyway, better late than never right hair? I hope you forgive me. I think that you are fairly happy although you seem to be a little stunted now that I have set you free. Is it because I am watching you so closely (like a watched pot that never boils) or something I am doing still that bothers you? I know I still cover you up when the whites show but I just think for right now you look prettier that way. I try not to get it all over you EVER and I have babied you terribly otherwise. Well that's all for now. Thanks for sticking with me and being all you can be. I really am grateful for the years we've been together and look forward to many more!!! Love, Girl

CurlyNinja
March 12th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Dear Hair,

I'm sorry I resented your texture for so long, and I'm especially sorry that I cut you all off when I was angry and frustrated with you. I'd also like to apologize for abusing you and slathering you with things you didn't like. Please believe me when I say I didn't know any better. You've grown long and strong recently, and I've grown with you. We both still have so much growing to do, but I for one am looking forward to what the future will bring us. Frankly, I can't wait.

All my love and conditioner,
The Stuff Underneath You

P.S. Thanks for catching The Boy's eye, I owe you one. ;)

lora410
March 12th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I love this idea!

Dear curls, I am so sorry first of all for trying to straighten you out all of those years. You weren't meant to be like all the rest of the girls and I know that now. I admit I didn't know that if I let you be yourself you would shine so and people would even LOVE you! I didn't even KNOW you were as fun and lively as you are naturally! If I had I would have stopped ironing and smoothing the heck out of you years ago!!!! Anyway, better late than never right hair? I hope you forgive me. I think that you are fairly happy although you seem to be a little stunted now that I have set you free. Is it because I am watching you so closely (like a watched pot that never boils) or something I am doing still that bothers you? I know I still cover you up when the whites show but I just think for right now you look prettier that way. I try not to get it all over you EVER and I have babied you terribly otherwise. Well that's all for now. Thanks for sticking with me and being all you can be. I really am grateful for the years we've been together and look forward to many more!!! Love, Girl

I loved it!! such a great way to think it into reality

lora410
March 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Dear Hair,

I'm sorry I resented your texture for so long, and I'm especially sorry that I cut you all off when I was angry and frustrated with you. I'd also like to apologize for abusing you and slathering you with things you didn't like. Please believe me when I say I didn't know any better. You've grown long and strong recently, and I've grown with you. We both still have so much growing to do, but I for one am looking forward to what the future will bring us. Frankly, I can't wait.

All my love and conditioner,
The Stuff Underneath You

P.S. Thanks for catching The Boy's eye, I owe you one. ;)

*clapping* what great hairapy we are having ladies

girlcat36
March 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
OMG LOL!

Dear Hair---you are so misunderstood. And if I knew what you really, really liked I would give it to you all the time. Sorry I got sick and half of you had to fall out. I am doing my best to stay healthy and treat you the way you would like to be treated. But.....I still have to color you.....sorry.

I can't believe I just wrote a letter to my hair! Okay, I am off to write one to my thyroid!

LOL

Curlsgirl
March 12th, 2008, 05:35 PM
OMG LOL!

Dear Hair---you are so misunderstood. And if I knew what you really, really liked I would give it to you all the time. Sorry I got sick and half of you had to fall out. I am doing my best to stay healthy and treat you the way you would like to be treated. But.....I still have to color you.....sorry.

I can't believe I just wrote a letter to my hair! Okay, I am off to write one to my thyroid!

LOLOh my gosh now that's funny! Hmmmmm I can't believe it actually crossed my mind to write one to my allergies!

girlcat36
March 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I'm still laughing at myself. I can't help but feel that I've gone over the edge(the hair edge) If my SO only knew......

jojo
March 12th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Dear Hair,
where do i start? for 25 years i kept you hidden behind layers of bleach and dye, i fried you with a hairdryer and cooked you with straighteners until your little innocent cuticles burst into little white blobs, then id tie you up and slice you with metal hair bands.

You screamed at me, every morning as i had my daily fry up, crying out for attention but did i listen? no. Im so, so sorry, you have been a faithful friend to me, sticking with me through thick and thin, though those bad ole days where mainly thin.

I have to bear my soul and I pray that you will forgive me, for the sheer humiliation i forced on you, for years your candy floss existence was all you knew but I have tried for the past 27 months to be an owner you will be proud of, we had a funeral for the 30 odd inches which had died a terrible death at the hands of the hairdresser. I promised you there and then didn't I? that enough was enough, I said no more dye, heat or rough treatment, OK I did occasionally have a fry with the straighteners but i did put a fire jacket on you.

I remember when we first found the LHC, you would peep slightly over my shoulder, your branch like feet scanning the posts. It was like learning a new language, s&d, SMT, 1a, 2a and iii, but together we worked a routine out I baby you now dont I? nothing but the best treatment for my ikkle follicles.

We get on much better these days, you thank me with a shine and a swing as i walk, you also stand much taller these days, you lap the attention up, you even give me lots of waves nowadays.

I hope now we can put all the bad ole days behind us and our friendship and new found love can reach extreme lengths.

all my love

Jojo

did i really write a letter to my hair??? mmmmm...one to take a way i think!!

jojo
March 12th, 2008, 05:50 PM
this post is hilarious, im seriously peeing myself laughing at the posts, keep em coming!!

Curlsgirl
March 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Jojo that was great!!! :D All of them are!

jojo
March 12th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Jojo that was great!!! :D All of them are!

Hee hee:) you dont have to be mad to come on LHC but it helps!

now where was I....

Dear stomach...................:rolleyes:

BlndeInDisguise
March 12th, 2008, 06:31 PM

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

girlcat36
March 12th, 2008, 06:43 PM
My sister has told me that I must step away from the computer now!

Alaia
March 12th, 2008, 06:43 PM
LMAO you guys.

Here goes:

Dear hair,

I love your length at the moment, please continue growing and don't just sit there falling out the way I suspect you are beginning to. I promise to comb you at least once every two days, if that is what you want. And coconut oil, I will reinstate that for you and be nice to you... if you are nice to me and do what I want you to.

I hate how you have such a taper at the moment, and I know you do too. Don't worry, I'll trim you to help your ends gain more thickness as all of the hair that fell out that time grows back in.

I would love it if you stopped getting darker too. I liked being blonde, and I'm not going to dye you, so please please, if I let you see decent sunlight this year will you lighten again?

That is all. I will comb you before bed.

Grow more!
Me

CurlyNinja
March 12th, 2008, 06:52 PM
That is all. I will comb you before bed.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Patrycja
March 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I so have to join in on this idea,I'm just not as eliquent as the rest of you.

Dear Hair that has been through it all with me,

To this day,I regret dying you with that purple koolaid when we were only 15 years old.That led us into the Dye Abyss where we just now have come out triumphent.I see you are tired of my abuse,since you are growing white.But,with white comes wisdom.I am now armed with the wisdom on how to care for you the right way.You drink the oils that I nurture you with and soak up all the aloe I protect you with.

From here on out,I will be as tender to you as I can and not let the evils in the form of dye and dull scissors come near you.I will spoil you with sparkly bejeweled toys and preen(??)you as you wish.You will get only the best from now on.

I love and cherish you

fae
March 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Dear Hair,

If I be more gentle, do you think you could be less tanglely? I would really appreciate that. I promise I will work out a routine that is good for you and your growth.
I will protect you and your ends more by learning to (successfully) do more updo's. I won't trim until you reach classic, but the taper needs to go, sorry.

I think thats all.

jojo
March 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
My sister has told me that I must step away from the computer now!

you keep typing.........i will ring the ambulance!:p

girlcat36
March 12th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Jojo--you are too funny. This thread has made my night!! Still LMAO.

jojo
March 12th, 2008, 07:18 PM
me too my husband is sat here shaking his head in disbelief, this post is cracking me up!!

TammySue
March 12th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Dear Hair,

Shame on you for being so envious of all the shiny, silky, long tresses on this community! So what that you aren't a lovely blonde! Your hair is a barrage of silvers and, at this age, you should be grateful that you have any hair at all!

Just be happy knowing that you are enjoyed and loved for what you are!

Love,

Tammy

manyhorsesmane
March 12th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Dear Hairs,
Well, Hair we are again. No matter where I go, there you are, flying in the face (my face) of reason, no rhyme or reason, tormenting me with your nose-tickles, trying to make me trip down the steps at the post office when the wind blows 'round the building, "I can't SEE!!!", I cry...the cat doesnt do that anymore, at least she learned after I tripped on her a few times. Maybe when you're long enough for me to stumble over, you will stop trying to trip me up too!

O we go 'round and 'round, you's guys and me. You resist my brushing, but I beat you down all the same-Igor runs and hides when I get the brush out, HE knows what is in store ~ Before the day is half over, I've got you where I want you, forked to my head, straining against the bindings, occassionally throwing a few strands through the bars of your prison, almost like you are beckoning a passer-by to save you from what? "Please, HELP ME!" you cry out. They just wink and walk by, smiling.

YIKES is that a grey hair I see?? It's a conspiracy, I tell you! You mock me, sitting there on top so proud, so white........all 50 of you. Perhaps I should just make a Hair Hat like Arie Spears on Mad TV when he's in a spoof of Thelma and Louise, Miss Cake Mixer and Batter Bowl Hat Hair. I know, I'll put a beer mug on top of my head, whirl you Greys around it and call you Foam....awell, we're stuck with each other, so we shall make the best of it, and never the two shall part. :D

O'Hair, quit your whinning, at least you don't look like Igor~
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/mhorses/DOGZ/Igor2_8_061.jpg

signed,
Igor's Mom.

flame
March 12th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Haha funny thread! Erm here goes:

Dear hair, I apologise sincerely for all the use and abuse I've put you through in the past. I have now seen the errors of my ways (mostly) so I do hope you are happy hair!

Sometimes, I desire change whether that be colour, texture or style but at the end of the day, I am glad you are what you are. A part of me.

You are low maintenance, dark and resilient and you have evoked a myriad of emotions in the past and hopefully will for many years to come! Keep growing :cool:

Lots of love, your owner
xxx

Neon Gloss
March 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Dear hair,
I've put you through A LOT through out my life. I've never had any appreciation for hair at all up until this point, ESPECIALLY curls. I'd like to reflect on my most memorable times with you. I know that they're horrid, but we've never had any good times together.
Remember when I was 6 and I had a strange fascination with yanking out several hairs at a time?
Remember when I was around that age and cut you while you were REALLY long to a shorter length, all by myself, and it came out perfect?
Remember when I first got dyed you purple when I was 11?
Remember when I couldn't stop?
Remember when I finally grew out all of the dye and you were totally natural again?
Remember when I would straighten you every single day for years?
Remember when I would wash you daily?
Remember when I didn't care for your split ends at all and they were up to my neck?
Remember when I made a decision to start anew? when I stopped straightening you? when I chopped off my own split ends for the first time? when I started washing you every few days? when I gained a deep, sincere appreciation for what you really are?

Love,
The not-so-abusive mass

serenitygal
March 12th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Dear Hair,

Look, I'm sorry about the teenage years. I didn't know how to take care of you, and neither did anyone else. I KNOW you wanted to be left alone, and I kept yanking a nasty brush through you, using full strength (and poor quality) shampoo, and never oiling or aloing you. And then there was that dreadful chop from BSL to old-lady cut. Trust me, that one hurt me worse than it did you!
For the last two years, ever since I found LHC, I have tried to be nicer. Really. I started oiling immediately. I've taken you for regular trims. I wear you up 5-6 days a week. I CO. I use a BBB and a wide-toothed comb ONLY. The only color I use is a natural demi that leaves you feeling better than before the dye.
So could you please, PLEASE get to BSL already? I know you're tired of being worn in a french twist. Wouldn't a figure-eight be nice? Or even better, a pretzel bun? Or an infinity knot? Or a celtic knot? Or a Chinese bun?
I know you've grown a lot in the last two years, and I appreciate that. But could you grow a little faster? :P
Love,

the creature beneath

Lixie
March 13th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Dear Hair,

Classic length would be great, you know.

Much love,
Lix

Loviatar
March 13th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Dear Hair,

Grow quicker or I will set Morticia on you.

Sincerely,
Lovi.

lora410
March 13th, 2008, 06:51 AM
LMAO..these are all so funny and fun to read. I think of it this way we may be insane, but at least we got a good chuckle to start the day off right :lol:

atlantaz3
March 13th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Dear Hair:
I’m sorry I let Mom talk us into a Farrah Fawcett hair cut which began our down fall. From there it was a quick slide to high lights and bleach. You finally rebelled when I fried you in the sun and wind from the convertible. I have learned my lesson – hat on in the car, help me find a way to keep you contained and healthy.

I’m sure you led me to this message board, seeking help and solace. I know I still use the blow dryer, but I’m trying to console you each time with conditioners and oils. Yes for the moment we will continue to add a few highlights, I’m sorry I just can’t accept the color God gave us for now. Show me a few more silvers and that will stop!

As we continue the journey to terminal, I hope we can find a way to get along with each other. Please work with me as I learn new up dos, I really would like be able to do a Celtic knot and some of the twistie hair styles that I think you will really like.

And yes right now I am going through a transition phase and really don’t like you very much – but it would really help if you didn’t try to strangle me in my sleep!
Love
Me

Hairytale
March 13th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Dear Hair,

I hope you don't mind me talking to you, but this is too funny not to do.

We have been through both nice and rough times, I treated you well and sometimes I didn't care much about you. When I got bored of you (unthinkable now!), I chopped you off until I regretted. Patiently I waited for you to grow long and I still am waiting, but I let you take the time you want to.

You keep all my memories, sometimes I look at you and try to find them. However, it does not work all the time, but there are sure even more memories to grow with you and I am curious what that will be like!

There's a lot more I could say, but I guess you know that anyway. :)

Greetings to you sends

the place you grow from.

lora410
March 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Dear Hair:
I’m sorry I let Mom talk us into a Farrah Fawcett hair cut which began our down fall. From there it was a quick slide to high lights and bleach. You finally rebelled when I fried you in the sun and wind from the convertible. I have learned my lesson – hat on in the car, help me find a way to keep you contained and healthy.

I’m sure you led me to this message board, seeking help and solace. I know I still use the blow dryer, but I’m trying to console you each time with conditioners and oils. Yes for the moment we will continue to add a few highlights, I’m sorry I just can’t accept the color God gave us for now. Show me a few more silvers and that will stop!

As we continue the journey to terminal, I hope we can find a way to get along with each other. Please work with me as I learn new up dos, I really would like be able to do a Celtic knot and some of the twistie hair styles that I think you will really like.

And yes right now I am going through a transition phase and really don’t like you very much – but it would really help if you didn’t try to strangle me in my sleep!
Love
Me

It's probably strangling you in your sleep due to the highlight and dryer yet..:silly:..mine love to just love to constantly get stuck under me while I slept until I stuck it up in bunville at nights. Sneaky hairs and their revenge :pins::lol:

Katze
March 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Dear Hair,

First of all, I'm sorry for all the years i neglected and misunderstood you. If I had known that you were really light brown and wavy instead of light blonde and straight, maybe I could have been more true to myself as well as to you.

I hope you are enjoying all the care I've been giving you these past two years.

Some day, I dream we can have a truly loving relationship. If I promise to keep taking good care of you and stay away from bleach and heat, can you promise me to grow as long and as thick as possible?

I'd love to have you really long and beautiful, hair that other people notice and comment on. I know this will take time, but I'm in it for the long haul - are you?

love

Katze

Blueglass
March 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
We've been together a long time and for the most part, it has been good. Please stop breaking and being so coarse.

Sapphire'sWings
March 29th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Dear hair, I'm so sorry I blowdried you, and ripped through you, and used too much shampoo on you, and let you tangle. I'm so sorry for the times I got gum stuck on you and just cut you off. Sorry for the Vaseline incident. I'm sorry I cut you in the first place, and that recent cut in June. I could have just let you grow happily, but no. Sorry if I thought about cutting you off again that other week.

I regret that bowl cut and the times I chewed on you. I regret trying to make you look like Siouxsie's (Siouxsie and the Banshees) hair. All that sticky hairspray and teasing.

I'm so glad you were able to recover though.

I wish you could stop being so oily on the top though.I take care of you like a part that is vital to my existence, so at least do that for me.

Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with you. When I started being nicer to you, you started being nicer to me by looking shiny, wavy, and not frizzy. Sometimes you'll even reward me with a curl.

I'm glad I don't have to fight you anymore.

Love,

SW

Green_Ghost
March 29th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Dear Hair,

First of all, had I known what a mullet was and had I been a little older than four, I think we both would not resent that one family VHS tape from 1992. As for that one incident in '94, my mom as did I learn the hard way that cutting hair is not as easy as it looks. Seriously, those holes in my head got me and my mom in tears and I am pretty sure you were just as devastated.

My bad for having that weird Leave It To Beaver hair style for early grade school. It was a different time and it was Utah so please don't be too hard on me for that.

Also, its not exactly my fault on this one, but sorry for letting my dad be a cheapskate for so many years and having act as the family barber. Had I known that he obviously never listened to the instruction tape, I am certain we both could have save a lot more face for the grade school years.

As for middle school, I am sorry for having so many bald fades on the sides and back. I really didn't know what an all around Fade Number 2 was so I am so sorry for that awkward long winter of growing you back.

Also sorry about the swim team. I don't think the horrid stench of chlorine left us until nearly year after I had quit the team.

Finally, sorry for not letting you grow out sooner. Seriously, I had no idea you would even curl on your own! All those years I just thought I had a straight set of hair until I let you run wild when I graduated. I hope letting you go on wild long streaks now and then makes up for the years of cruddy short hairdos.

And please....PLEASE forgive me about all the mousse and hairspray. I guess I deserved that dandruff attack for that, didn't I?

I guess lets just call it even and I promise to treat you nice if you just keep looking good and let the curls fly.

Sincerely,

Green Ghost (AKA that weird kid sitting below you for the past 21 years)

velvetcat
March 29th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Dear hair,

What to say to you?
we've been on a strange journey, from the fine blonde hair of our youth, to the changes of puberty. I wish I'd known you were curly earlier. I would not have thought you were damaged then. We could have grown so long and beautiful together instead of cutting super short every summer in tears because I didn't understand.

I am grateful that we never took to the curling iron, the blow dryer, or the flat iron. These things have their place, but Dear Hair, I'm glad that place isn't you.

I do wish you to acknowledge that if you would just go ahead and become black naturally, I would no longer need to dye you. This mousy color just does not hold water with me, and until you accept that we are of Native American stock and are meant to be dark haired, I will keep dying you. We can accept the German curls, but dear, please, we could be so healthy if you would just be a pretty color.

Also, what is up with you cutting back on growth every time I eat healthy, with good for you protiens, veggies, fruits and whole grains, but if I eat terrible amounts of junk food you grow like a weed? I do not understand this, but I need to be healthy, so you'll just have to adapt and start growing again please. I'm quite tired of being at just-barely-tailbone.

I am trying CO again on you. I see you are now very nicely moisturized, and I'm getting used to the heavy feeling. I am praying Skin does not go haywire again and decide to freak out, thus causing us to stop CO to save Skin. Time will tell.

So please Hair, please grow, strong, healthy and dark.

Much love,
Velvet Cat

nowxisxforever
March 29th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Dear hair,

We've had a fun 20 years together, haven't we? I'm sorry my grandma and my mum were a little harsh on you. Bleaching and perming you at just five years old! I am so sorry I didn't fight back. I don't think they would have listened to me anyway.

We're still growing out our old chemical damage, too, I know. I told you I wouldn't color you anymore, but I decided to henna you last weekend. I have to admit, I liked it. No-- no, hair, don't lie. You loved it too. It made you feel lovely and smell wonderful and you got to come out to play ALL WEEK because I dyed the back of my neck bright orange. You got all those lovely comments, it must have been wonders for your self-esteem. No wonder you're so perky today!

However, hair, you've started to flake and dander again. I thought you were done with that. The henna made you so happy! You didn't have any dandruff for DAYS! Is it more henna that you want? Is it that my mixture made you smell like cloves and herbs? Is it that you liked the cuppa I poured in? Or is it because you miss that conditioner you haven't seen in ages that I included? Do you want to be redder?

Whatever it is, hair, it will have to wait for just a little while. You remember last time, all that muddy guck that I had to swish in the water and tangle you to get out. Besides, you remember the old days too, right? The days when I would leave you down every day. As you well know, I am a giant klutz and would end up dying the back of my hair bright orange again, and you wouldn't be able to be left up at all, and you would dry out completely!!! We don't want that, do we? No.

So, I guess we'll just have to try some more shampoo bars and rinses and see if we can't make you happy some other way. I think it was the clove you liked so much. If I put clove in my vinegar rinse, will you please play nice? Please?

Yours truly,
The mother-scalp goddess

DecafJane
March 29th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Dear Hair,

I'm sorry I cut you all off, and I hope you don't mind that I am currently slathering you with crazy creams and tonics in order to make you grow faster.
Please grow, I want to see your lovely curls back again!

Love, Me

Blueglass
March 30th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Dear Hair,
You should not have to many gripes with me. I know it was terrible what happened when I was 15 that was my fault. I am sorry about that perm a year latter. You are straight. Aside from those things I have protected you. Understand my family is not always as enthusiastic about you as I am. I understand you are a mixed color. Sure, I would have loved for you to be a platinum blonde, but that could be too hard on you. Please, enough peppers. I what more sweet white sugars. You are never going to be 3b, enough random curls, it just creates frizz. Next I'm going to get you some BAQ cassia. I hope you know how dear you are to me. You have always a wonderful growth rate. I'm sure we could be at waist in a year, in theory. Especially if I could use faber trim method. I'd like to try, but that would never fly in my house. In any case I love you.

Beesweet
April 2nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
Dear stalwart friend,

I know you are supposed to be just collagan, just waste material, dead, just something to style and cut and sweep away, but I find myself strangely attached to you, in more than a physical way.

Our relationship hasn't always been healthy. I've resented you, chopped you off, Dorothy Hamilled you to death, brushed you until you snapped, and twirled you compulsively. As a child, we permed you, and when you finally responded to my hints, or perhaps puberty, by actually becoming curly -- I slapped you in the face by straightening you near to death -- often times by laying my head on an ironing board and ironing you to within an inch or your life.

What did you do to deserve that? Nothing -- you continued to faithfully grow, no matter what I did to you, thought of you, said about you, or heard about you.

I am sorry I listened to others who said I had too much hair, or the wrong type of hair to grow long. I am sorry I listened to my mother who responded to your presence by cutting you like Leif Garrett's or Kristy McNichol's every time you threatened your presence. I am sorry that I bought into the idea that long hair is old fashioned, and I am sorry for all the wasted years where I was afraid of my femininity, and shaved you away, or buzzed you with clippers, or chopped you short, and was otherwise afraid to let you flow.

Did you deserve that either? No. You were probably just hanging out, minding your business and enjoying the weather.

Your chameleon antics have always amused me, dear friend -- sometimes you were naturally white-blond, then you became brown in the winter and blond again in the summer. Then deep, deep brown during pregnancy. What was up with that?
I know we had some good times with The Bob, and I too will remember that year fondly.
I just have to know -- what was your intention with the strawberry blond with natural red that showed up for a few years and went away? Were you just teasing me?
I took the hint and now henna you faithfully. Although you can't speak with words, I am learning to listen to you sing your praises of my care. I promise I will always pay attention to what you say, and you are welcome for the henna.

Your faithful friendship has helped me to love my daughters' hair in the way that my own mother did not. I vowed to lovingly comb and style their hair, and support whatever style they choose to wear, as long as they treat their hair with the tender care and respect that was so long in coming to you. So your suffering hasn't been in vain!

Dear Hair, although I may continue to bind you on occasion, it is only for your protection, and it is done in the spirit of sweetness and care, more like a seatbelt than a straight jacket. I know you are a wild child at heart, and I want to keep you safe so you can live life in your glory, as you were meant to.

Thank you for being my closest, most faithful companion.

Faithfully yours, too,

Yer bod

goodenough
April 2nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Dear Hair--

Thanks for knocking off that dandruff crap. Seriously, though--I just got you cut a week ago, and your ends seem crunchy already. Is it the hairdryer? Please tell me--I'm not a mindreader, you know.

Anyway--I guess I'll wash you without cones a few times and see if we can get that loving feeling again. Sorry no deep condish in the future, we really don't have enough $ for a babysitter, you know. Someday when the kids are older, we'll try a henna--but you understand this is just where we are right now--right?

You know I love you in my own way, just meet me half way, baby.

Me

lora410
April 2nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Dear hair, I'm so sorry I blowdried you, and ripped through you, and used too much shampoo on you, and let you tangle. I'm so sorry for the times I got gum stuck on you and just cut you off. Sorry for the Vaseline incident. I'm sorry I cut you in the first place, and that recent cut in June. I could have just let you grow happily, but no. Sorry if I thought about cutting you off again that other week.

I regret that bowl cut and the times I chewed on you. I regret trying to make you look like Siouxsie's (Siouxsie and the Banshees) hair. All that sticky hairspray and teasing.

I'm so glad you were able to recover though.

I wish you could stop being so oily on the top though.I take care of you like a part that is vital to my existence, so at least do that for me.

Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with you. When I started being nicer to you, you started being nicer to me by looking shiny, wavy, and not frizzy. Sometimes you'll even reward me with a curl.

I'm glad I don't have to fight you anymore.

Love,

SW

The vaseline incident? I dont even wanna know :lol:

harley mama
April 2nd, 2008, 07:34 AM
OMG LOL!

LOL

Girlcat, you are such a nut! :D Thanks for a big smile this morning. See, it's stuff like this that gets us through the tough days we face! Hugs to you dear friend!

Dear Hair,
I am sorry I have put you through so much pain and suffering during your life. I know I have treated you poorly and not listened to your needs. But, I have mended my ways and started being kinder and gentler to you. I know the chemo has been hard on you and we have lost many brave strands of hair to the battle. But, it will all be over soon and we can get back to our new and improved relationship! Dig in and hang on... The battle is almost at an end! :luke: Oh, I too, will continue to give you new color! Sorry! :o

jojo
April 2nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Dear Hair,

First of all, I'm sorry for all the years i neglected and misunderstood you. If I had known that you were really light brown and wavy instead of light blonde and straight, maybe I could have been more true to myself as well as to you.

I hope you are enjoying all the care I've been giving you these past two years.

Some day, I dream we can have a truly loving relationship. If I promise to keep taking good care of you and stay away from bleach and heat, can you promise me to grow as long and as thick as possible?

I'd love to have you really long and beautiful, hair that other people notice and comment on. I know this will take time, but I'm in it for the long haul - are you?

love

Katze

aww thats really sweet, made me quite emotional, hope your hair forgives you and thanks you for your kindness x

KajiKodomo
April 2nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
Okay, I'm joining in!

Dear hair,

I'm truly sorry for all that I've put you through. My mother was doing what she thought was right by trying to thin you out all of those years, and it's not her fault that she didn't know how to use the thinning shears and gave me a mullet!

I'm sorry that I continued to listen to her as I got older, and kept you short, because you were "too thick" to have long. I apologize for two bleaches in a row in college when I wanted my hair pink, but because you wouldn't bleach light enough, I went with green.

I'm sorry about what I now call the "bang incident." I just wanted pretty pink streaks in the front! I didn't know that it would literally turn you into mush that fell off! I'm glad though, that you at least stuck around enough to leave me with bangs. I would have cried harder if you had completely fallen out!

I will continue to dye you black, because I prefer that. If only you would have followed my Native American roots and been black to begin with! Or, alternately, you could have been red and curly to follow my Scottish/Irish roots! Why did the red curly hair skip two generations!? It should have been me!

I'm going to wear you up more often, at least at work, in order to better protect you from tangles and getting caught on my purse strap. I hope that you see this as an opportunity to grow much faster!

Love always,

The one who takes care of you

happylynngilmer
April 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
This is such an entertaining thread!

Dearest Seaclaid,
I forgive you with all my heart that you refused to grow until I was two. Mom had to dress me in pink so people knew I was a girl until you, dear peach fuzz, decided to grow. I adore your color, and wish I had not dyed you black throughout high school, or highlighted you when I began college to cover your coming of age gray. I am sorry I was ashamed of you, so can you forgive me as well?
We are making great progress as we both grow more mature. Thank you for taking to the biotin so well, and I will always have shea on hand to reward you! I am also very pleased you like your new flexi-8. Don't you just feel so good when people comment on it? I know you do, because I do too. You're almost at the length you were when I was 20 and when you were the longest-with comb and oil in hand we can enjoy these last few inches and keep growing together. Do you think we can hit tailbone?
I think we can,
Your loving body and heart

atlantaz3
April 2nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
The vaseline incident? I dont even wanna know :lol:
I was wondering that myself!
PS giving up blow dryer test - at least for the summer!

Schnee
April 2nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
Dear hair

Do you know how lucky you are to have been growing on my head for all these years? Really! If you have read all the previous letters in this thread or and a lot of the posts on this board in general, you would have understood that you are some very, VERY lucky hair. Never have I bathed you in chemicals of any sort, bleach nor dye. Never have I ironed you into submisson or forcefully twirled you into curls. Ok, the ocassional hot whirlwind you have experienced, but seriously, it must be prefered to going wet out in the cold and getting sick. Carefully I wash and condition you, detangle and brush softly, and what do I get in return? Soft, slippery hair that fuzzes in braids and slips out of buns. And you grow long, too long maybe! How is this to be beared?!

Seriously, pull yourself together or I'll whip out the blow fryer! ;)

Islandgrrl
April 2nd, 2008, 10:37 AM
Dear Hair,

We've been friends a long time. I know the relationship has sometimes been rocky, but I've always taken reasonably good care of you, except for a few disasters that left you a little fried and quite weary. All of that, with one notable exception, happened years ago and is firmly in the past.

Notable exception: I have to apologize for becoming so frustrated with you three years ago, and slicing you off, leaving just 2 inches of you (removing more than 50 inches!), naked and exposed to the world. That was so unkind, I know. I knew instantly that I'd made a horrible mistake and wished I could take my rash decision back and restore you to your former glory. Well, I can't undo the damage done, but I can promise you that it won't ever happen again. I've taken a vow to allow you to return to your former lengths, and if you'll allow it, even further.

In the past three years I know we've come to a better understanding, specifically of who is in control in this relationship - and it certainly isn't me!!! I am, however, willing to take on this subservient role to provide you with anything and everything you need to be healthy and happy.

With all my devotion....
The Person Below You...

jojo
April 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM

Dearest Seaclaid,
I forgive you with all my heart that you refused to grow until I was two. Mom had to dress me in pink so people knew I was a girl until you, dear peach fuzz, decided to grow. I adore your color, and wish I had not dyed you black throughout high school, or highlighted you when I began college to cover your coming of age gray. I am sorry I was ashamed of you, so can you forgive me as well?
We are making great progress as we both grow more mature. Thank you for taking to the biotin so well, and I will always have shea on hand to reward you! I am also very pleased you like your new flexi-8. Don't you just feel so good when people comment on it? I know you do, because I do too. You're almost at the length you were when I was 20 and when you were the longest-with comb and oil in hand we can enjoy these last few inches and keep growing together. Do you think we can hit tailbone?
I think we can,

*tut* tut* well really, glad your pre peach fuzz forgave you and grew into a beautiful cascading waterfall!

lora410
April 2nd, 2008, 11:05 AM

Dearest Seaclaid,
I think we can,

Don't feel bad, my kiddos hair was peach fuzz till she was 2 as well.

lora410
April 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Dear hair

Do you know how lucky you are to have been growing on my head for all these years? Really! If you have read all the previous letters in this thread or and a lot of the posts on this board in general, you would have understood that you are some very, VERY lucky hair. Never have I bathed you in chemicals of any sort, bleach nor dye. Never have I ironed you into submission or forcefully twirled you into curls. Ok, the occasional hot whirlwind you have experienced, but seriously, it must be preferred to going wet out in the cold and getting sick. Carefully I wash and condition you, detangle and brush softly, and what do I get in return? Soft, slippery hair that fuzzes in braids and slips out of buns. And you grow long, too long maybe! How is this to be beared?!

Seriously, pull yourself together or I'll whip out the blow fryer! ;)

I have to say soft slippery hair is a good thing. It means you definitely tlc'd it and it justs wants the world to see it in it's stunning glory :D

lilalong
April 2nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Dear hair,

In the beginning I didn't like you, but you have grown on me.

Sincerely,
head

madisonclare
April 2nd, 2008, 12:04 PM
Dear hair,

I want you to know I have forgiven you for changing your character so much in these 25 years of life. It's been hard to keep up with you. Do you remember when we were born? you were jet black and stuck straight up. Do you remember then soon after around two years of age when you decided to turn brown and wavy? Oh, and then there was the time around the age of 7 when you decided to turn to a white blonde, thick, straight hair for all those years. Those were fun times. Weren't they? The time I will never forget was when you decided to go back to brown and go kinky curly around the age of 12, 13. ah yes. I wasn't sure why you decided to change on me again. Hormones??puberty?? I was confused what to do with you. Like an unruly child, I thought I had to tame you into submission. I thought I needed to make you straight and blonde again. I"m sorry for putting you through that. You were just wanting to find out who you were and show the world your true colors. Here lately though, I have decided to accept you for who you are. You are wild, and unruly, crazy even a little kinky at times but that's what I love about you. I will never straighten you again. Oh and I'm really sorry for that year of beauty school. I'm sure that was torture for you. I'm also sorry for the hair extension and glue incident. :oThank you for staying with me. I'm sorry some of you had to go. It's been hard to keep up with you but now I think we're on the right path together. I promise to nourish and condition you and never try to change your colors again....well unless you decide to go gray. and can you please stay curly? I don't want to go straight again. Let's see how long we can grow together.

p.s. let's not be like these two ever again---->:luke:

love,
me

happylynngilmer
April 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
*tut* tut* well really, glad your pre peach fuzz forgave you and grew into a beautiful cascading waterfall!

you and me both, jojo! ;)

Don't feel bad, my kiddos hair was peach fuzz till she was 2 as well.

Glad to hear her peach fuzz took off too! Silly peach fuzz :o

lora410
April 2nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
you and me both, jojo! ;)

Glad to hear her peach fuzz took off too! Silly peach fuzz :o

Yup it took her from birth to now 5 to grow slightly past APL. All the poor kiddo wants is waist length hair :lol:

happylynngilmer
April 2nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
All the poor kiddo wants is waist length hair

Ah but learning patience at such a young age is priceless! Someday when she has WL hair she will be thankful for it and care for it very well :}

Quirky&Perky
April 3rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
Dear Hair,
We seem to have a love/hate relationship...you did your best to grow into something beautiful, despite how I abused you when I was a little kid. Remember my longsuffering monther combing out knot after knot- because I hadn't brushed you in so long? And then came the oily stage (which we're technically still in) and I HAD to pay attention to you. And finally, now, when I give you more attention then you want! I try to make you presentable but I end up screwing it all up. I hope you'll forgive me! I'm in this for the long haul. We have problems but we can work this out! Really! It's not you, it's me! And I'll try harder, I swear!
Okay...I'm cracking up! I can't finish it... :D LOL!
-Kallie

happylynngilmer
April 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
It's not you, it's me!

And I hope we can still be friends? LOL

lora410
April 4th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Ah but learning patience at such a young age is priceless! Someday when she has WL hair she will be thankful for it and care for it very well :}

YUP, that's the plan. I tell her everytime I do her hair that natural products are what makes her hair soft and shiney. She LOVES when I fuss and pamper her hair. She even likes to do oiling with me..:lol: Then she will tilt her had back and swish it back and forth and say I want my hair to here. It's just to cute for a 5yr old.

Choccielocks
April 4th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Dear hair,
Well, where do I start? I know we have had our (literally) rough patches in our relationship what with me frying and dying you within an inch of your life, but now I am treating you with a bit of respect, I expect some back. Namely, when I ask you to do something, do it!! Here's hoping for a less destructive, more harmonious relationship built on trust and doing what I want you to!

Much love,
Choccielocks

happylynngilmer
April 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Then she will tilt her had back and swish it back and forth and say I want my hair to here.

That is *adorable*!

heidi w.
April 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Dear Hair,

Thank you for all that you have given me. You shine brightly in the morning sun, and tickle my calves at night. Sometimes you treat me to something like what body must be like after I let you loose from a braid. Occasionally you tremble in the breeze, happy to be free. You slide against my clothing when I do performances.

You swell when I put beautiful celluloid combs in to decorate you....not that you really need a lot of decorating. I have a lot of fun with you too when we create new updos together.

Mostly the best things you bring me, hair, are compliments -- and great opportunities. You've introduced me to friends the world over. You've engaged me in interesting conversations with various people, from brief chats at the coffee shop or store to more lengthy ones at parties. You won a ponytail contest last year, and more recently were shown off in an art installation at the Whitney. I have traveled places because of you, and learned about other people because of you.

Because of you I've had more photographs taken and in this way have established a 'look' and an identity. I have more confidence in who I am because of you.

I can't wait for some days in the garden with you when I dream of hanging out in my budding garden (that has yet to be designed) and sitting in a chair reading a book or just being outdoors with my little pooch while you air dry in the sun.

I never dreamed that letting you be all you can be would benefit me so very much. I only set out to see how far you could grow. I never imagined all the places I'd go, people I'd meet, and positive goodness you'd bring to my life.

Hair, you are the best!

heidi w.

Meli
April 4th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Dear Hair,

I know I have been abusive to you in the past, rubbing you with lots of harsh sulfate shampoo every second day, coating you with cones afterwards so you couldn’t get the moisture you needed, rugging you with towels and ripping combs and brushes through you while you still were wet... I always found a lot of hairballs in the bathtub, but I didn’t understand that these hairballs were your way to tell me that you didn’t like the way I washed you. Can you forgive me, please?

I also have to apologize that I so rarely braided you when we went to bed. You cannot have slept well during all those nights of rubbing between my back and the mattress. No wonder you were tangly in the morning and never were able to grow past my bum. And I’m really, really sorry that I got mad at you when your ends split and trimmed you more and more until you only reached my waist... When the only thing you needed was some gentle and careful S&D... And, by the way, sorry I kept you in a ponytail everyday - I didn't know you hated having a tight elastic around you - must have felt like a snare to you.

If I had known how fragile you are, and how gentle care you need to feel good, I would have started to treat you better a long time ago. I hope you are not too angry with me now, and that you will grow long and healthy in the future if I do my best to please you.

Kind regards,
Meli

PS. I’ll give you as much coconut oil as you want, if it helps you to split less... I promise :flowers:

(OK, I thought I was hair obsessed before I found LHC, and here I am now, writing a letter to my hair... I must be nuts :silly: )

HairColoredHair
April 4th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Dear Hair,

Cut it out, or I WILL.

HCH

tuuli
April 4th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Dear hair,
you know I've been mean to you in the past. I pushed you through various types of harming influences like permanent dye, heat instruments and horrible treatments. I cant count how often I used the brush like a weapon against you instead of brushing with patience.

Please forgive me for being mean to you. I will give my very best to treat you
nicely. I will try to let you grow up with love and wisdom.You deserve the best.

Love, Tuuli :)

jesamyn
April 5th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Dear Hair,

It's been a long journey, but I am so happy to know you well enough to love you now. I wonder sometimes if you are hurt that I don't accept you as your natural color. However, your reaction shows me how much you love the henna, and I think your always-unique personality secretly feels that you are even more yourself with the color.

I am really sorry about that cut this afternoon. I meant for you only to get trimmed a little and didn't pay enough attention as I was too busy thinking about our upcoming vacation. When I realized how much of you really came off, I wanted to cry. I know you and have faith. Those two inches will be back in a matter of a couple of months. I will return to trimming you myself or only allow Rosa to do it in the future.

I promise I will never try a perm again. I am thankful you've never broken up with me over one, but you act so whacked out that I know you are unhappy. In return, can you please try to curl a little more like you used to? I got the message that you didn't like the loose braids and started bunning instead. I can tell you like it better. I'm sure you are doing your best, and we might just have to wait until we live somewhere with more humidity again. In the meantime, the waves are nice and I appreciate your efforts.

Yes, I will continue to protect you from being munched by little kitty. I will also do my best to keep the puppy off of you. Believe it or not, that hurts me as much as it does you. Be thankful the tabby doesn't try to groom you. Trust me on this. While we are both fond of natural products, kitty-spit and raspies don't suit you.

Love,
your person

Haith
April 5th, 2008, 09:35 AM
My dearest Hair,

I'm sorry that I have taken you for granted my entire life. You have always been there with me, through the bad days as well as the good. You are my faithful companion. I have had a wandering eye, constantly wanting what other girls had, never noticing how beautiful you are. I have ignored and abused you for no reason other than my own selfishness and immaturity.

I just never realized that you're the one I've loved all along.

Forgive me,
Haith

young&reckless
April 18th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Dear hair,

I hate satin pillowcases, please except this soft bamboo one as a replacement.
Don't tell the rest of the body I'm giving you even more attention or it may revolt.

Oh, and stop tring to strangle me when I forget to put you up before bed if I go so do you.

WaimeaWahine
July 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Dear Hair,

I'm so sorry for that um one time where I took the scissors to you and um that other time and well, all those times really. For when those mean girls put gum in you and no one had the courage to speak up. For shaving you down and never seeing what you were capable of.

Who knew how cute you could be, Hair? I mean OMG. Under that perfect natural straight pageboy loomed natual waves. Combination skin meet combination hair! You're as kooky as me.

If you promise to stop stealing my lip gloss, I promise to let you grow to the middle of my back and and and I wont use that same conditioner two days in a row again. Did you know that stuff is clogging the drain in the tub now? Yuck.

Hair? I love you, and with the help of the people here you we can grow together. You still have to be dyed and you still have to cope with salt water and chlorine. It's reverse Darwinism, Hair. We must continue our journey back to the water.

lora410
July 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM
oh, how cool to see this thread still going :D

ItalianFlower
July 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Dear Hair,
We've had quite the relationship, haven't we? It's been nothing but fighting since we got together, but since that talk we had it seems things might be a bit more smooth. It's like we've been living with strangers our whole lives. Now, I want nothing more than to see you be all that you can be, like a proud parent. Go ahead and be curly, be long, be whatever suits you. I'm listening now; you'll never have to yell and cry to get my attention again. I love you and will do whatever it takes to make you happy.
Sincerely,
The Host

AerisDawn
July 17th, 2008, 01:38 PM
This is a great idea!

Dear Hair,
Forgive me for mistreating you with awful chemicals and pointy metal brushes. I vow to treat you like delicate antique lace from now on. If you grow for me I promise to never complain about your lovely natural color. I will only use my boar bristle to brush you and I will give you the conditioner you crave. If you grow to at least waist length you will never be cut again,even trimmed. I will take vitamins to give you the nourishment you need to grow. You never know what you have until it is gone. Since I almost lost you I'm willing to do anything to keep you with me!

Love always,
Dawn

:violin: I'm so sappy!

Eryka
September 4th, 2008, 05:21 PM
My dear tresses,

What a journey we have had. Here we sit, basking in the glow of the LHC forum, (which has become more and more frequent.) With you softly curling on my lap, I look back on the long life we have had together.

When I was young, it is true I didn't have much appreciation for you. Brushing seemed like much more of a punishment than a relaxing evening practice. Much of that may be due to my mothers way of doing things, but fortunately we have learned with each other over the years.

As time passed I neither abused or pampered you. In fact I didn't think much of you at all. Perhaps this was best, as I often read stories of young women who flirted with dyes, crimpers, and all other sorts of hair torturing devices. Having never even dyed you and only using a blow dryer 4 or 5 times, I now feel incredibly lucky.

With becoming a teenager, many changes were suddenly afoot. Most of all with the development of my identity, and how I wanted the world to see me. This was, perhaps, punctuated by the fact that I had firmly decided to grow you long. (Remember first seeing Laura Croft in the computer games? It was a defining moment.)

Not many people embraced our decision to grow together. My step-father scoffed, saying "Great, now the plumber needs to be on speed-dial." My mother looked on me with polite interest, thinking this was a phase and within several months, will tire of it. Everyone else more or less looked with disdain and mumbled something along the lines of "not in style." We however, would not be deterred.

We were fortunate in finding products that worked for us from the early stages. Yet I will admit there was some flirting with "unhealthy" drugstore brands, however that was when we were ignorant with the terms "cone" and "cone free." We know better now. There have been times when money was short and you couldn't get the quality you needed, but there was no other choice. Now as an adult, I will never allow that to happen again.

Now as adulthood sets in fully, we are changing together again. The oily scalp of youth has now been replaced with more dryness than I can account for. Hopefully with the new route of CO, we will be healthy soon. I am also researching new brushes, so I can tend to you properly.

With the mention of brushes, I must apologize for the last year or so. Common sense did not prevail and I would like you to know that I will never brush you in such away again. Much of your length has been tattered, for which I apologize. It is fortunate however that most hairs have broken clean and there are minimal split ends. Trimming every few months will improve us over all, so I do not think you mind this.

As of late I am slightly confused with your behavior but as I mentioned, we are getting older. Many, many changes have taken place. We have moved overseas, we're dealing with much harder water, and of course less frequent washings. I pledge however, to treat you gently and to never take my frustrations out on you. Yours is a language I don't fully understand, but hopefully you will be patient with me as I have been with you.

To our continued success,
Eryka

WaimeaWahine
February 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I loved this thread. So many new members. Hopefully more will contribute! :flower:

GypsyGoddess
February 24th, 2009, 07:59 AM
To my dear curls, waves, tangles, and spirals,

I'm really very sorry that I flat-ironed you so much. Teh husband wanted it, and I didn't know any better. Same with the blowdrying you, and cutting weird bangs, and coloring with nasty peroxide. I really do like you curls, really truly. Now that I've cut you off, I wish you were here with me again. When you do return, I promise to treat you with respect- no more flat irons on the highest setting! I will wash you with the finest natural shampoos and conditioners, comb you with the best bone combs, never again will I hurt you.

Please return to me curls, in the same abundance you left in.

Respectfully,
The Girl Who Cut Off All Her Hair
(and donated it to Locks of Love... Oops!)

JamieLeigh
February 24th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Haha! This is a cute idea!! :)

Dear Hair,:writer:

I'm sorry for all of those years I was so mean to you. Even when you made me so happy by growing soooooo long, I still hurt you. I colored you, ripped you, pulled you...and never stopped to really consider your feelings! :hatchet:
I hope all of the nice things I'm doing for you now will make up for the neglect in the past. I'm really quite contrite. :flower:
Now, I hope you can see that I totally worship you. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is tend to you, and you're the last one I think about when I go to bed at night. :bowtome:
I love you very much, and I'm proud of you!!!

Love,
Jamie :D

lora410
February 24th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I am pleased to see this thread still going :D

CaraLynn
February 24th, 2009, 08:47 AM
LOL too funny...ok here goes

Dear Hair,
You used to be a lot like me...stubborn and never wanting to do what was expected of you, but we've both come a long ways since those days. I apologize for all the nasty things I did to and said about you over the years. I repent of piling you on top of my head and scrubbing every day for ten years. I'm MOSTEST OF ALL sorry for the time I put gum in you to see if peanut butter really would get it out. That wasn't nice of me at all. Oh yeah and the time I was painting the ceiling and my brush fell...sorry about that too. Thanks for responding to the great treatments we've found on here. Ok enough with the niceness down to business:
Turning in to a Great Ball of Frizz on winter mornings is absolutely not acceptable!
Tangling is not appreciated.
Stop getting in other people's mouths on windy days...it's embarrassing! And we won't talk about the things you did to people on rides at the fair...that day I learned that a braid can bruise.
No more splitting! Be strong, m'kay?
Much Love-
Me

Monsterkitti
February 24th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Dear hair,

Sorry for making you look so horrible for so long, I know purple short brushed out curls are not a good look now. Oh and bleaching makes you neon orange, I will never ever do that again.

I think we have made friends finally and I will promise to keep the brushes and heat away from you and feed you tasty muds and honey as often as I can.

Love me

ps: If you could possibly make it to waist soon Id love you even more :)

Ryanne
February 24th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Dear Hair,

I'm sorry I let my mother torture you with a brush, and never listened to your complaints. It was wrong of me to cut you, even when you began to tangle like crazy.
I want to apologise for that, though you're sometimes way to stubborn and a bit too frizzy and tangled, I regret the length I sacrificed. I'm also sorry for the times I wished you were different, I don't care you're not straight or blonde or red. You're great Hair, never doubt that.
I've never did really stupid things to you, I was mostly ignoring you but you looked healthy anyway until the splits got to you, I wanted to thank you for that.

I'll see you when you're freed from your bun,
Ryanne

MadPirateBippy
February 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Dear Hair,

You may have fooled everyone else but I know what you really are. You are a greedy, demanding mistress. Any small misstep into the land of cones or over clarifying and I am cruelly and instantly punished. The cheap grapeseed oil will do for my haughty mistress, but you won't shine with that the way you to with the $50 a bottle Ojon. When I have displeased you, you try to strangle me in my sleep.

You enjoy splitting and showing off your splits when there isn't a pair of hair scissors anywhere around (and don't think I haven't noticed that I now have FOUR PAIRS of hair scissors-wtf?) and yet, demurely hide your splits when I am ready to deal with them. You attract under-the-bed-split-hair-gnomes and for some strange reason, CHEESE WEASELS.

If only you weren't so pretty, perhaps I could stop. I now feel a leeeeeeeetle bit of empathy for the boys I used to torture in the same way. Ok, maybe not. I do love my free drinks at Les Bar.

Sincerely,

The Life Support System That Carries You Around And Pays For Stuff

neon-dream
February 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Dear hair,
I know we haven't exactly gotten along well in the past, and I know where it all started. When I cut you from TBL to shoulder length. Then, the straightening daily for 5 years didn't seem to help our relationship at ALL. But, you still seemed to grow for me :) and I thank you for it.
Since I've learnt how to treat you and love your natural wave, you seem to be paying me back with lots of amazing growth!
Lots of love, Neon.
PS. You look lovely in a dutch braid :)

I feel CRAZY for doing this :| haha!

Pixna
February 24th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Dear Hair,

I beg you to forgive me for The Massacre of 2007. I promise to love and cherish you every day for the rest of my days, and give you all that your heart desires. All that I ask in return is that you grow (quickly, please!) and grace me with your pleasures as you so kindly did before. I will feed you, pamper you, adorn you, and adore you. Please, please come back to me!!!

Yours with love, affection, and anticipation,
Pixna

Hoydenish
February 24th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hey Hair,

Thanks for sticking it out. I know I ignored and mistreated you for 38 years - you and your crazy antics. Ha ha - remember when you were black and blond and strawberry all within 3 years? It was my fault for not appreciating it so you decided not to try anymore and settled on mouse brown. Hey, that's okay, that's what henna is for.

I know StepMom paid more attention to you than I did - honestly it was her idea to cut you all off. And, it was her idea to perm you too. I'm not shirking my part in those episodes, I just want you to know there was a lot of pressure. Remember, I never, ever frosted you.

So anyway - I think we've had a pretty good year. No more hair cuts for us. I thought I was doing you a favor, that's what everyone told me, I didn't realize you hated it as much as I did. Despite the awful stress of the last year - I think you're taking it well. Good job on not falling out on me. Look at you - dangling around my armpits. I love it when you grow like that.

Have you noticed I've been buying you some presents lately? And, not the cheap crap either. Those hairsticks aren't from Kmart y'know. The least you could do is hold onto them - you've been squirting them off my head like you're spitting watermelon seeds - what's with all the slipperiness? Hey, don't look like that - I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound critical.

I would have never guessed it'd be just you and me together after all this time. I suppose all those years having to compete with you know who must have been tough. I think you'll be around long after he's as bald as a billiard ball. Who cares if his hair is thick and wavy and has natural highlights? He doesn't have the special relationship that we do.

So, I've been looking at water softeners - whad'ya think? I feel just as silly as you do with that giant jug of tarted up water in the shower - we can do better.

Here's the deal. I keep buying the toys and the henna and exotic oils. I'll treat you better and wash you less. Heck, I'll even get the cats to stop walking on you and breaking you. All I ask in return is some thickness, some length, some smooth, glossy beauty. If all these other hairs can do it, I know you can too. And, if I give you a stick or a fork could you just please try to hold onto it???

Love,

Me:o

ps - waist length is good for me

ps ps - I promise I will never, ever listen to Amy again. She's out to get you.

HoneyMouse
February 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Dear Hair

I give my deepest apologies for the way I have treated you for the past couple of years I have washed you in everything from diluted fairy to baby shampoo with disregard for your personal feelings and temprement. I do so swear to treat you with more consideration and not make you endure the indignities of synthetic shampoos and spray on dye. I shall faithfully take care of your pink enameled brush and mirror set and keep them trim and clean at all times. I shall give you a deep treatment at least once a month and not try to detangle you when you are still damp.

yrs
Your faithfull servant

Alu
February 24th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Dear hair,
I am horrible sorry. You have been fried. I give you kudos for holding up the way you have during the past year and a half. For now on I will take care of you. Next week when I expose you to henna and indigo for the first time, you better NOT turn green on me.
Thank you, and enjoy your emu oil.

Regards,

Alu

Coriander
February 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Hello darling hair...

First of all, may I say thank you for giving me a wonderful hair day? You glistened and shone today and without one tangle. Thank you for going up in the sock bun without a hassle. I will let you down as soon as dinner is finished cooking so that you can breathe.

I am so very sorry for all the horrible things I've done to you over the years. Do you remember the Sun-In Nightmare back in Girl Scout camp? When I sprayed you so you were soaking wet and then proceeded to wear a helmet over only half of you so half of you was dark brown and half was orange?

I am sorry for not brushing you when I was very young so that you ended up with huge rats nests at the nape of my neck. My Mom had to cut them out.

I'm very sorry for all the coloring I did, and those two horrible perms. I'm particularly sorry for the day I colored you twice in two hours and you had to have the color stripped out of you by a professional because half of you was red and half of you was black and you looked like a Troll Doll. I'm also very sorry for being a test subject in that salon, and you ended up roadside-sign orange.

I'm so sorry for cutting you all off for Boot Camp back in 2003. I hope you understood that I couldn't possibly get you clean and dry in the 2 1/2 minutes they gave us to shower. Thank you for growing back.

I'm sorry for using those plastic-nubbed plastic bristle brushes. I'm sorry for innocently listening to you rip and tear and scream, yet I did nothing to stop it. I hope you like the new wood comb I bought you.

Finally, I'm sorry for trying that cone-free stuff. Your reaction was understandable. Thank you for coming back to me when we went back to cones.

I promise to give you coconut oil and cones and gentle combing from now on. I promise to clarify once a week so you can get the weight of the world off your shoulders. I promise to try more updos so you can be kept safe from chairbacks and Bunsen burners. I promise to love you and care for you.

I think we can make it to Classic length - we've come this far, haven't we?

Love,
The girl you hug every time I let you free :heartbeat

WritingPrincess
February 24th, 2009, 08:04 PM
This thread is great! :rollin:

I wrote a letter from my hair and a response last May, while I was trying to adjust to WO. Here they are:

Dear Long Haired People,
I'm known as WP's hair, but she hasn't bothered to find out my name yet. She told me a few weeks ago that she was putting me on a diet, although she never asked my consent. First she took away my yummy coconut shampoo and then my coconut conditioner. For a few days I had to content myself with simple vinagar and baking soda, but now she's even taken those away. She likes the way I look now, but all I'm concious of is the greasy feeling and the fact that she won't let me have anything yummy. She even took away my brush! I can manage with water and a comb, but it's not the same and she wipes me roughly with a washcloth so many times that I've lost count. If that wasn't bad enough, it has been weeks, no, months, since I felt the fresh breeze tossing and playing with me. If I'm not in a bun then I'm in a braid, or two. WP is nice and tries to console me by stroking my ends and telling me what a glorious time we will have on the 4th of July, but I think that I should be allowed free before then. WP tells me that no-one likes seeing greasy hair and that's why I'm confined. I don't understand. If people don't like seeing greasy hair, then why doesn't she wash it? I WANT MY COCONUTS BACK. Would you please help me convince WritingPrincess what a bad idea this diet is? I want to be loose and free, not weighed down by oils and confined in buns. Mariah is calling, and she can't understand why I can never play with her anymore. Please, I need your help, O fellow long hair. If I can't convince WP, I may need to get myself some henna and make her pay for this by dying myself orange. Now that sounds like fun!
-WritingPrincess' locks

Dear Hair,
Please, this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Learn to love the taste of water rather than those unhealthy junk food shampoos and conditioners. Please. I'll let you out of your updos just as soon as you start behaving about the WO. I may even cut short my challange for you if you will adjust. And I promise you, if you go around hennaing behind my back, (pun intended), you will get chopped. You may henna me, though. I like henna body art. Just keep it away from yourself. Understand? Next time Mariah comes calling, if we're not around other people, I'll think about letting you free to play with her.
-Your caretaker, WritingPrincess

Mariah is a reference to the wind, from a song Grandaddy (Mommy's daddy) sings, "They Call the Wind Mariah".

Kimberly
February 24th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Dear Hair,

Hi, how's it hangin'? haha Yeah yeah, I know, but I couldn't resist.

Seriously, I just wanted to drop you a line to say that I'm really pleased with you lately. And you even finally accepted that Baerreis fork after spitting it out at first (I was starting to get mad that you were being ungrateful about your fancy present, even though you didn't ask for it yourself . . . sorry about that).

Of course, it's fair to say that I've spent I dunno how many hours and days and dollars over the years studying LHC and trying everything you could possibly like in order to give you exactly what you want, including unconditional love. Thank you, Hair, for responding in kind.

Let's live together happily ever after!

Love,

The Brain

P.S. Please tell Right Eye to stop whingeing about her contact lens . . . it's just the allergy medicine drying her out, and I'll give her some drops in a minute.

rapunzhell13
February 24th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Dear Hair,

I am terribly sorry for waiting this long to let you do your thing. I promise not to damage you beyond daily wear and tear.

Love,
rapunzhell13

:blossom:

P.S. I am now thinking tailbone.

Milui Elenath
April 2nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
Dear Hairs,
First I want to express how happy I am about your bonding with Henna. It's clear that it has made you happy, infact its given you a special glow. Frankly I am pleasantly surprised that the bonding has lasted so long, you always seemed so determined to go it alone. In the past you never bonded with any dye for more than a couple of washes no matter how permanent. I guess you were just waiting for the right dye. ;)

I've also been pleased that Henna has helped you settled down and become smoother, since the lice comb incident. I know you know that I am truly sorry for my overreaction regarding that matter. I just couldn't stand the idea of bugs running all over you and I didn't consider how my actions could hurt you until you dried.

I've been making it up to you with metal free bands and hairsticks. I know I cut two inches of you just after it but you'll notice I used hair scissors instead of kitchen ones. Shouldn't that count for something?

I also bought you three new combs. On that note please tell me why you like the plastic $3 one more than the wooden $22 one? The plastic shower comb has seams and the wood one is seam free, smells good and is better for the environment. Yet you seem to snap on the wood one. Is it the way I hold it? Try to help me, work with me, I will learn and try to do everything not to hurt you.

For your part, I'm disappointed in your growth. I've never judged you, I acknowledged that you had your own pace, that you take your time but in measuring I've discovered that you've done nothing at all last month. I was shocked and saddened to discover that, and I'm hoping for bit more effort this month coming.

I still love you and want what is best for you and I hope if we both work together we can get back to where we were prior the lice comb. We will have length, smoothness and shine once more and we might even aim for new lengths that we never dreamed were possible before LHC.

much love always
Milui Elenath

PS In regards to the new elasticised hair toy I bought the other day, the 25 minutes we spent together untangling it was of great value.

janeytilllie
April 2nd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Lol this is so funny :D

Dear Hair,

I am very sorry for the countless times I have tried to kill you. I love you really! I am sorry I tried to dye you blonde, black, purple, and Blue/black. You then had to put up with my torturing beatings with my brush.

I'm so sorry for the times I set you on fire. And forced you to be something you’re not (straight!)

I then did the unthinkable to you! I cut you with layers! I'm so sorry hair! Please forgive me and grow thick again.

I know I was a very abusive to you. But if you come back I will treat you like queen and buy you lots of hair toys! :cheese:

Love your guilty Best Buddy Bud
Janey xxx :blossom:

Pixna
April 2nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
This is such a fun thread. It makes me smile every time I re-read it! :gabigrin:

missjessiecakes
December 10th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Dear Hair,
I just want to say I love you because you never fell out, even though my mother said you would. I am sorry for the chemical hair dye once a month.

I'm really sorry for the times I ripped a brush through your tangles and used a straightening iron without heat protection stuff.

I am so sorry for the bleach and the highlights, the perm and the blowfrier. I'm sorry for the really bad pixie cut(s) and all that gunk.

I promise you hair that for the coming years I will love and honor you with henna, smt and oil. I promise not to cut you this year and to love your rockin curls. I will detangle you gently with a wide tooth comb.

I just love you pretty hair and I'll take care of you the best that I can.

Love Always
Jessica
:flower::flower:

jojo
December 10th, 2009, 05:11 PM
part 2, 1.5 years on......

Dear hair,

well its been along time hasn't it that weve been hanging about together. I know....I know I lied about the dye, but think of it like getting a tattoo, you are the highlight of my life, so I wanted to do something to let you know..highlights! and you look very pretty with them.

I have otherwise been very kind to you, i allow you to get drunk twice a week on thick conditioner, I even bought you, your very own sauna namely the heat cap.

You no longer perch on my shoulder to read the posts, your a big girl now and like to be swung over my shoulder and read all the posts, you are now bilingual and fully understand the iii, 2a,2b and smt buisness though you still need to learn more before your graduation in hopefully 2013 when you become known as classy!

I am so so sorry for the time the dog pinned you to the bed and then time I trapped you in the car door and even the time I mistook you for food and tried to eat you.

We get on so much better these days, you wave so much more and do the spiral dance quite often. Your split days are few and far between, though you do throw the odd tantrum from time to time but although it hurts me more than you I have to restrain you at these times in buns and such like.

I know all the other hairs laugh at you, saying you have an adiction to oil and are a spoilt brat for having toys but darling they are not like us, they have not yet found LHC. Get it into your cuticle you do not need COA (coconut oil anomynous) you need to spread the word 'the end is nigh' because this is what happens to those hairs who throw caution to the wind and let their owners rip and bleach them to a minute of their lifes, they havent had the upbringing you have, this is why I insist we use protection do you see baby embryos (white dots!) on your follicles? no you dont! Yet look at the others non LHC's they every hair is pregnant with these dots; they are hussys! I tell you.

Well, i hope in another 18 months you can show your appreciation and try and stretch out some more and please try and behave, stamping your feet is terrible to comb out, try and be good.

love mum xxxx

InTheCity
December 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Dear Hair,
Let me first apologize for my teenage years and any mistreatment from ages past. I also want to thank you for the tremendous growth this year. I'm sorry I doubted you.
I am now committed to continuing to minimize damage and enjoying you in your longish glory. But what I really need to know is, why so frizzy? And why can't you make up your mind about your texture? If you were actually curly/wavy, you'd stay that way as you dried. If you wanted to be straight instead, I think I'd love that. How can I make you happy? I'd enjoy the waves if I could actually figure them out. But alas, I can't! Your nicest wave were by accident. I tried to let you air dry tonight and I'm 90% sure when I look in a mirror, you'll be a frizzy mess. And why the bipolarness? Why does one side produce ringlets and one site fall flat?
Hair, I'm enjoying you lots right now but I'll probably never understand you!

Great post topic!

SHELIAANN1969
December 10th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hair Haiku

dear hair, you're damn cool
you've been with me, thick and thin
beginning to end

from fuzzy wisps to
luxurious locks I love!
hang with me always.

Love...Shelia :heartbeat

JenniferNoel
December 10th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Dear hair,

Just wanted to say thank you for being patient with my abuse over the years, from the over-dying, cutting, bleaching, brushing, and neglecting, and I hope very sincerely that you do, in fact, forgive me, especially after all we've been through together. Thanks for holding out and not committing suicide due to stress. I've finally came to my senses, and realized what a great friend you are to me, enhancing my beauty and giving me something special to take care of!
Keep up the fast growth, as I keep you healthy and pretty, as we both know it will be worth it in the end.

-Jenn :thumbsup:

BunnyBee
December 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Dear Hair,

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for the abuse I inflicted on you for so many years. I'm surprised (and very grateful) that you didn't leave me (fall out). I was so obsessed with all the colours of the rainbow (hair dye) that I completely forgot that you have needs too. You probably hate me right now, but I hope, in time, you can find it in your cortex forgive me.

I'm doing my best to show you that I've changed and I'm learning more every day. I just want you to be happy and healthy. One day I know we can be happy together and get rid of those damaged parts that are haunting us. I promise never to burn you with chemicals or try to change you in any harmful way, but remember I'm still learning so try not to get so angry with me when I do something you don't like.

Love,
Bunnybee :flower:

LittleOrca
December 11th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Dear Hair,

Thank you for making me feel so much better about myself. You really shine when you need to and when I am not feeling like there is much about me worth liking.

I would like to ask though, why are you so scattered at your ends? Is there something I can do to make you feel better? I am also sorry that I dyed you so many times when I was younger and I am glad not to have lost you to too much breakage and misery. Also, the way you bounce right back from being soaked in chlorinated water for hours at a time is remarkable! You rock, hair. :D

Sincerely, Melissa

Woot! When do you think I will hear back from it? :)

jojo
December 11th, 2009, 06:41 PM
first class post for Miss Orca!

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for looking after me so well, I know in the past my ancestors suffered a terrible death and dyed! but honestly I hang proud now and lie long; I am determined to become a mermaid one day and make you even prouder of me.

I don't like the chlorinated water though, it brings on a terrible asthma attack for me, please can I have some of that oil Jojo was talking about?

I love you for no slicing my cuticles with metal bits, I love you for allowing me to have my own personality, I love every drop of conditioner you hydrate me with.

I promise to grow even longer because your worth it!

Long may we hang out together

love Hair Orca xx

Deemeeuh
December 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Dearest Hair,
Give me quicker growth or you'll never see your Biotin or deep conditioners again. Don't make me get out the Sun-In again... Cuz I will.
All My Hate,
Your Owner

LittleOrca
December 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
first class post for Miss Orca!

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for looking after me so well, I know in the past my ancestors suffered a terrible death and dyed! but honestly I hang proud now and lie long; I am determined to become a mermaid one day and make you even prouder of me.

I don't like the chlorinated water though, it brings on a terrible asthma attack for me, please can I have some of that oil Jojo was talking about?

I love you for no slicing my cuticles with metal bits, I love you for allowing me to have my own personality, I love every drop of conditioner you hydrate me with.

I promise to grow even longer because your worth it!

Long may we hang out together

love Hair Orca xx

:rollin: lol Thanks!

GuardGirl
December 12th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Dear hair,

Please be nice to me! I know I've flatironed you, bleached you, colored you, chopped you to bits, brushed you too hard, and forgotten to deep condition you regularly. But I can change, I swear! I've longed to feel your soft caress around my waist, to wrap your frizz-free curls around my fingers, to accept your darker natural color once and for all and grow out the artificial stuff. I know I'm asking a lot, but can you PRETTY PLEASE grow to my waist this year? It's only another measley 7"! I promise that I will stop treating you like a second rate citizen and give you the respect you deserve. Thank you for putting up with me all these years and not rioting and falling out completely!

squiggyflop
December 12th, 2009, 12:42 PM
dear hair,:writer:
stop splitting at the ends..:rant:its because of the sun in spray i used on you a while back isnt it?.. and why must you get all matted up all the time?.. why does your underside grow so much faster than the canopy? i promise that next year ill be kinder to you.. i wont rip through your tangles with my fingers anymore.. and i will try to use combs instead of brushes on you.. this year i wont make you rub against fuzzy sweaters.. and i will do my best to braid you more often instead of just throwing you up into a scrunchybun.. if you be nice to me i wont torture you, deal?

GlassEyes
December 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Dear Hair,

I'm sorry that you're currently held against your will. Please accept my apologies for burning you to a crisp. Oh well, you're dead anyway--which begs the question, if I hydrate you with conditioner, does that mean I'm trying to reanimate a corpse? Does that make shampoo a stake?

Awaiting your reply--but not really,

GlassEyes

getoffmyskittle
December 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Dear hair,

Thank you for being imperfect and happy.

:skittles:
Skitts

missjessiecakes
December 12th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Dear Hair,

I'm sorry that you're currently held against your will. Please accept my apologies for burning you to a crisp. Oh well, you're dead anyway--which begs the question, if I hydrate you with conditioner, does that mean I'm trying to reanimate a corpse? Does that make shampoo a stake?

GlassEyes

:spitting:You make a really interesting point.

Kalyca
December 12th, 2009, 01:21 PM
dear hair,

i'm so sorry for all of the trauma i have put you through in the form of a straightener, a blow dryer, chemical dye, harsh brushing and ripping, sharp hair toys and bobby pins, etc. i was very uneducated about you and probably too lazy to care too much at the time but..!! we found this forum together and i've learned so much. i've learned that you should be pampered and treated with TLC. we have a long way to grow and some of you are still damaged and need to be trimmed off a long the way, and i promise after that i will grow you much longer than i ever had and you will be in beautiful condition. so don't fret, i'm also treating you to hair vitamins and silica and plenty of healthy food you like. please, hair, do you think.. maybe.. you could grow a little faster if i do everything i should? i would really appreciate it, we have a long journey ahead of us ~ let's do our best, ok?

lots of love, me

Dreams_in_Pink
December 12th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Dear hair,

I know I've been pissing you for a month or so with permanent extensions i put on you...But to be honest, you haven't been kind with me as well since my childhood! Everyone used to call me broom-haired :(. You don't know but, it kinda hurts to hear.

Anyways, from now on, i'll try to be friends with you. I'll try everything good people here suggest and watch out for your reaction. I really wish we, and Mr. Scalp can agree on a routine (so that he stops producing dandruff- gah!).

Take care, and please please please GROW FAST!

jojo
December 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Dear Hair,

GlassEyes
Honey you need professional help:eyebrows: you made me laugh!!

ArienEllariel
December 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Dear hair,
I'm sorry I've been neglecting you lately. Finals are coming up.. so I haven't been paying as much attention as I should.. I did give you that nice overnight coconut oiling the other day though. :) And I will try to be kinder to you, but college is taking up a lot of my time at the moment.

As you know, you didn't like that shampoo bar I tried out a few weeks ago. I promise never to use that on you again. And I have noticed you're feeling a bit waxier in the shower. I promise I'll give you an ACV rinse tomorrow. Just try to behave better for me, won't you? I have had such a hard time combing through you of late! Look, I even bought some *cough*cheap*cough* detangling spray to try.. No time yet to come up with a better alternative. :o At least I'm making some sort of effort.. Don't over react and calm down a bit. Everyone will like you better for it. :)

On another note, good job at growing these past 2 months! 2 whole inches is a wonderful improvement. :D I hope you continue to look and feel better. Keep your spirits up!
Your loving caregiver,

Arien

Debra83
December 12th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Dear Hair, I'm sorry for misusing you, and misunderstanding you over the years. You've been faithfully waiting for my education!!! I appreciate the fact that you've shown the stamina to grow long multiple times- and I'm terribly sorry that I was not grateful for that fact before. If you could find it in you to forgive me, and give it all you've got to grow long...fast...I will be grateful and treat you well from now on!!! Humbly, moi. :)

Laylah
December 12th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Dear Hair

I thank you for staying by my side through everything that has happened. I'm sorry for neglecting you for so many years, and I'm so glad that we've finally come to a mutual understanding. I promise to keep up with the oilings and combings, and I'll try to do everything to prepare you for the ocean. I promise to protect you in updos and braids and scarves. I understand that the cold winter is a hard time for you, but I'll do everything to help you through it. All that I ask in return is that you continue to grow healthier, longer, and thicker with each passing month.

I'll see you tomorrow for a wash,
Laylah

DanielleRenae
January 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
This thread has been neglected for some time now, much like my hair.

Dear Hair,

It has recently come to my attention that the "dead man's diet" of hair, shampoo only, will ultimately be your demise. I would also like to extend an apology for the almost-daily use of a hair-straightener, sometimes without thermal protector. You know what, though? It hurts me more than it hurts you. If you wouldn't be so stubborn and outgoing (literally) I would not have to crush every strand of your being (literally) between smoking hot plates. I am also feeling guilty about prom. You and curls and 40 mph winds did not cooperate at all. I should have known better. Forgive me of my ignorance and negligence.

I still want us to be friends. I will treat you better, even if that means that things get ugly every now and then (literally). To prove my point, I went to Sally's and bought a gallon of conditioner, just for you. It was New Year's Eve. I could have been barbecuing with friends, yes, but you are more important. You are a part of me (literally). Although the CO didn't work that first time, I'm not giving up on it. I'm not giving up on us. We still have many years together. Let's begin the rest of forever the right way, shall we?

With Gentle Caresses,
Danielle

jasper
January 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Dear Hair,
You've been following me around for years, even when all you got from me in was a cold shoulder and the brush off. After a while, I got really tired of always having you just hanging around like that! But I showed you, didn't I? I socked it to you with a sock bun, then stuck it to you with a hair stick.
That kept you out of sight for a while. You're still lurking, though, aren't you?

Fractalsofhair
January 2nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Dear hair,

I'm sorry about dying you in the past and using a blowdrier on you. I thought it would help with how much volume I get when I don't weigh you down with oils and rich conditioner. I'm sorry for experimenting with other shampoos than soap based ones. I will try to tease you less, and only use gentle dyes on you when I feel like changing your color. In return, I'd like it if you didn't split as much and if you'd stop changing colors on me randomly.

ArienEllariel
May 20th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Dear Hair,

I'm so proud of you! You're behaving so much better of late and looking splendid I must say, considering all the trauma you've been through in the last year or so. I want to encourage you to keep on growing; you don't have to be shy.. I'm sure that's what's behind the stall these last two months. I've been feeding you all the right things and I hope you're feeling your best. :) Though.. would you mind not splitting off as much? You're doing a really good job of it now, but I still see some splits mixed in with the healthy ends. I hope you're enjoying the CO treatment you've been getting. I've been using as little shampoo as is necessary to better heal your wounded strands and make you sleek and shiny. I hope you will forgive my lack of interesting ways to wear you, frankly, some of it stems from how short you are. I know this will improve with time and lots of patience. Anyways, I just wanted to drop you a note telling you how much I appreciate you and I hope we can continue to be good friends from now on. :D

Your Loving Caregiver,

Arien

zenobia
May 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Dear Hair:

The big day is coming soon--just three weeks until the wedding! We've come a long way, baby. I promise that after the wedding's over, I'll stop bleaching you blonde and start treating you right. Your natural color is quite lovely.

Love,
zenobia

Purdy Bear
May 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Dear Hair

I know your hideing in there somewhere, your just very shy. I promise if you show yourself then I will treat you with upmost respect and with lots of goodies of oil treatents and only the best care.

I know your very stubbon, I am too, and I so dont like being told what to do, so I leave the choice up to you, but I would like to feel warmer in Winter and cooler in Summer.

You can have anything you like, if you want cheese I'll find one I like. Iv got lots of hair toys and wonderful styles to show you off in.

You do deserve to come out of hideing so I can reward you with the love and care you need.

I promise I wont straighten you with a brush while wet, or put a hairdryer on high near your length, no spend time grumbling about you at all. I wont allow hairdressers to tint you, or chop you with razors, or worry if your straight or very curly. I will love you totally and completely.

Just peak your little hair nose out and see what its like, Im sure you will adore it. Hope to see you all very soon with lots of love.

May
May 20th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Dear Hair,

I can't express how terrible I feel for continually chopping you off for most of your life! You must hate me :( I can only hope you don't resent me. Clearly I'm a commitment phobe but I'm ready now. I'll do my best to be there for you through thick and thin (no pun intended) :P I can't wait to see your copper waves return in all their glory. I've missed you dearly. I loved you but not the way you needed to be loved. I'm here to let you know that I'm in it for the log haul this time.

*airdrying & deep treatments*

-Your Grower :P

YesitsReal
May 20th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Dear Hair,

You know that I have always loved you--your color, your shine, your softness. Even when I cut you off, colored you, put those suffocating products on you, and fried you every day, you know it was out of love for you, right? The stylists lied to me. They told me you would look and behave better with all of that. Had I but known, Hair!!

Now we find ourselves here. Since I have been showing my love for you in gentler ways--conditioning, washing with nicer shampoos, detangling you with a comb instead of a brush--you have rewarded me with fewer split ends and a less fuzzy canopy. However, I would ask one thing more: could you please grow like you once did, at one inch per month? You have not gotten any taller over the past months. I know it was winter, and it's hard for you to stretch and grow when it's cold (believe me, I know), but it's almost summer now. Don't you think it's time? I promise I will show you even more love and appreciation than I do now.

I eagerly await your reply.

Sincerely,

The Lady Behind the Follicles

YesitsReal
May 20th, 2010, 11:51 AM
P.S.--I will never let that lady with the flat iron and the razor come near you again, I promise.

emmabovary
May 20th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Dear Hair,

what the hell is wrong with you? Why did you stop curling? Why won't you give me any good hair days anymore? We used to get compliments all the time, but lately you've been looking like a cat too sick to keep itself clean. What's wrong!? Are you depressed? Do you miss the cones so much? Are you just out for revenge?

In that case, I'm sorry I ever complained about our curls. I should have appreciated the beautiful way you used to spiral for me. I'm sorry I got you straightened, against your own natural will. I would not like to be put through such a process. I'm sorry I've dyed you for the last ten years. That's over now. Just some indigo to match your lovely natural color while we grow you out. I'm sorry I keep putting you into these nasty elastics... I thought they'd be soft. I'll get us new ones soon, promise.

Today I bought you three new conditioners. They all have glycerin; I hope you'll like them.

I know you're trying to grow as fast as you can, and it probably won't help if I nag at you, so I'm just going to say thank you for growing. We're approaching APL, and the summer will help you grow even more! I will just continue to be nice and feed you vitamins. Hope you're enjoying that MSM, btw!

JenniferNoel
May 20th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Dear hair,
Thanks for surviving my intense scientific experiments for the past several months, and I have to add, your lack of complaining is simply phenomenal.
For your extraordinary behavior, I am rewarding you with your very first pure henna in a few day's time.
I'm sure you (and I) will love the result, as the plan has been well thought out over time, so worry not; only good will occur!

Ps.
You're beautiful. :p

Calaelen
May 20th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Dear hair,

There are many things I've been meaning to tell you for so long. I want to thank you for always staying so healthy and beautiful for me through everything, and through all the abuse I put you through. That time I bleached you from dyed black, and then covered you with red the same day(So sorry). The time I though that manic panic red streaks in dyed black hair was a good idea(you have to admit it was cute).

I am sorry especially for that time that I chopped you all off as a punishment for what I thought you had attracted. I now know it wasn't your fault at all, but his, and I will never hack at you in despair again. About that, thank you for growing back so quickly as though you knew I needed you with me to feel real, to not just fall apart and lose myself.

I am sorry for all the shampoo trials also, I now know you prefer to be natural, and with my love for nature, why didn't I realize that before?

The one thing I can say is that I can't accept the natural blonde, it doesn't suit me. I think you realize that as well, as I've noticed you seem to be trying to grow in a much more likeable colour. I think we'll both benefit from your change of heart, as I can now do less to make you blend in with my length. You seem to be okay with the stuff I use now, are you?

I promise to try harder to remember that you have needs, and to not be too tired to deal with you. All those days I was too tired or too sick to be bothered with your care, well the hour and a half it took me to detangle you was punishment enough.

You are in great condition right now, the best ever, and I love and enjoy you so much. I promise to keep dedicated to your care so that we can see what happens as you progress to classic, then knee. (Oh I just can't wait!)

Also, what do you think about the monistat? Have I lost my mind completely, or do you like it?

With love,

The Person Beneath You.

Calaelen
May 20th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Dear Hair

I give my deepest apologies for the way I have treated you for the past couple of years I have washed you in everything from diluted fairy to baby shampoo with disregard for your personal feelings and temprement. I do so swear to treat you with more consideration and not make you endure the indignities of synthetic shampoos and spray on dye. I shall faithfully take care of your pink enameled brush and mirror set and keep them trim and clean at all times. I shall give you a deep treatment at least once a month and not try to detangle you when you are still damp.

yrs
Your faithfull servant
Hold on, did you say diluted fairy? Where do you find fairy? I'd like to keep one as a pet. :D

XcaliburGirl
May 20th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Dear Hair,

We've always gotten along just fine. I'm perfectly content to let you do your thing and grow at your own pace. However, your neighbor, Ms. Scalp, and I are not on speaking terms right now. It would be best for all three of this if we could put this petty bickering aside. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I did to deserve such poor treatment.

Ah well, I am willing to let bygones be bygones, but I have a feeling I'm going to need your help and patience. So far, you've not rebelled too much against the harsh dandruff shampoos and the experiments with CO. Next we're going to try shampoo bars, to see if gentler treatment will appease you-know-who. Hopefully, you won't be the worse for trying it. If it doesn't mend things around here, I promise I'll give you some 'cones as a "Thank You".

I think we understand each other.

Till tomorrow for a wash,

A

P.S. Just ignore my post on LHC about bleaching the ends of you.

Coffeebug
May 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Dear Hair

I realise you have difficulty with the whole idea of actually staying in a braid. You like to peep out, have a nice little look about. Pick up signals from the cosmos, all that stuff. However, tomorrow I would greatly appreciate it if you would try and stay in and pretend you're prefectly under control and tidy. I don't ask this of you often and in return for the favour I promise not to comb you very much.

All the best

Bug x

p.s. I'm sorry I stepped on you. It was rude and it won't happen again.

09robiha
May 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
OK here goes:
Dear hair, first of thank you for putting up with all my brushing and chemical dying and my mothers idea of 'being gentle' when I was growing up. I thank you so much for not just giving up and falling out, for growin back when I chopped you off and for forgiving me after my 5 year long affair with the flat iron. Im sorry and wurly curlies...I love you!! Now, I realise you dont like to do as I tell you, In fact I m sure you do the opposite on purpose but pleasssse just for once, stay where I put you? and maybe I'll treat you to yet another new conditioner...even though you have 6!
Thanks Hannah x

naereid
May 20th, 2010, 02:07 PM
This thread is both funny and beautiful. :) Here's my letter.

Dear hair,

thank you for making me more confident in myself in the past couple of years. Yeah, I know, it was really the red hair dye that made me more confident, but without you I wouldn't have had anywhere to put it in the first place!

Maybe I've now gained enough confidence and love for you to stop dyeing you. I'm thinking of going two-toned or hennaed. I do like your brown, but red is just so perfect for me, you know it is! I'm sorry it's so hard to choose between your health and my idea of beauty.

Even though in the past I've been pretty rough on you with all the blowdrying, shampooing and giving you only tiny amounts of conditioner, I hope you appreciate the fact that I never permed, straightened, curled or bleached you.

I hope you like the gentleness of CO and the upped dose of biotin I'm giving you. Please respond accordingly - by growing faster and splitting less. :inlove: We're gonna be awesome, I promise you!

After all, what's a mermaid without her hair?

kitmarlow
May 20th, 2010, 02:09 PM
dear hair,

you look fabulous today. thanks,

kit

christine1989
May 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Dear hair,

First let me apologise for the 7+ years of cones, straightening and chemical coloring I put you through. I am glad to see that you are feeling much better now :). Now that we are on good terms I would like to propose a deal; You reach BSL by the time school starts next year and I will keep the biotin coming and slather you with coconut oil.

Wow, that felt strange.......

Igor
May 20th, 2010, 09:46 PM
What a fun idea Lora!

Dear hair,

Keep up the good work!

Love, Igor

:D

Linnykinz
May 20th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Dear Hair,

First of all, I would like to say, "I'm sorry". I know you probably don't want to hear it, and are too weak to bother yourself with my words, but just listen. For years I kept your beauty hidden, tucked away in a ponytail, and then foolishly cut you down to your very last nub. Yes, they all made fun of me and gawked, and laughed, but it was not just myself going through the humiliation and pain. You went through it with me.

I'm sorry for humiliating you and mocking your beauty for years and years.
I'm sorry for bleaching, dying, cutting, and frying.
I'm sorry for the purple mohawk, the black and bright cherry bowl-cut, the brown and blonde A-line, and most recently, the horrendous pinup girl chop.
I'm sorry for rejecting your natural beauty, and not loving you the way you are.

I know we have been through at lot together, and yet through everything, you STILL manage to grow and amaze me. Oh how wonderful and forgiving you are, to me, hair. I know the parts I have damaged in our relationship will never be the same, but I want to trim these loose ends and begin a journey of just US, together.

I want to feel you tickling my booty when I wear you down.
I want to look before I sit every time, to make sure you are safe and out of harm's way.
I want to go through hours of deep conditioning every week, to keep you in your natural beauty.

I know, I get very frustrated with you lately, and I don't know what to do with you. I know I yell at you and sometimes even shed a tear because you are just *so stubborn*. But I know we can make this work.

I promise to keep you safe and happy, I will never betray you the way I have for so many years. I'm a new woman now, hair. Treat me right and I will treat you right. It's just me and you from now on.

Yours truly,
Linny xoxo

Gosh that got a lot off my chest...I think I need a Kleenex.

pennylane
May 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Dear Hair:

Please behave! please don't be frizzy, please try to have some nice waves .... please grow quickly and without split ends? pretty please?

You know i love you .... but if you don't start obeying me and do as i say i will have to take some drastic measures ... and you won't like it!!! he he :p:p

Quixii
May 20th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Dear hair,
I like it when you are curly. In fact, I like it very much. I would, however, appreciate it if you would all curl neatly. You know that frizz thing you do so often? You don't need to do that. When you don't frizz, I love you so much more. You should try not frizzing more often. :)

IcarusBride
May 21st, 2010, 01:27 AM
Dear Hair;
Unlike many others, look at the above letters-to-hair if you don't believe me, I have ALWAYS treated you decently. I have not dyed you in years and only used heat-styling less than 10 times in my entire life. I eat quite healthily to provide you nutrients, and I've even started taking vitamins regularly, for your sake, even thought you KNOW how much of a pill-phobia I have. I did not deep condition you and S&D you in the past, which necessitated several somewhat large trims, but now I've seen the error of my ways and am keeping you properly hydrated and cutting out those pesky splits before they can damage you all the way up. All of this, for you, my dear hair. In return, I thank you for always being strait and glossy and continuing to grow. However, we have a bone to pick. Frankly? I think you're a wimp. I spend a lot of time and money taking care of you, and even endure a lot of negativity from my family since I stopped abusing you with that 'shampoo' stuff. So why aren't you stronger? You are too thin, too weak, and not nearly dense enough. Please grow a backbone (and about a meter).
Love, Me

hanne jensen
May 21st, 2010, 02:21 AM
Dear Hair:

For the past 6 months I have been babying, pampering and protecting you from the elements. I use an inordinate amount of time and money to give you the best. Instead of using cheap poo, I CO. I've really made an effort to figure out what you like. I give you oils, henna, herbal washes, hair friendly hair toys. In short, ther has been nothing that DH and I wouldn't do for you.

AND WHAT IS MY THANKS? You are dry, tangle for any reason and refuse to grow. Well, NO MORE MR NICE GUY! If you don't start showing some appreciation I'll go back to using cheap supermarket poos and whatever conditioner is on sale. Your ends will flap in the wind and be in all kinds of weather. No more using a fortune on supplements and breaking the bank to ensure a healthy diet every single day!

You should be grateful that the only thing stopping me from chpping you off is my wanting to please DH! If it weren't for him I'd be bald and loving it!

In conclusion, get with the program OR ELSE!

Milui Elenath
May 21st, 2010, 02:49 AM
Dear Hair
I've been thinking a lot about you lately, wondering how we take our relationship forward as you seem to be going through some rough times. It's understandable, after all you've given up a lot; shampoo, conditioner.

I've tried to remain patient, especially when I'm combing your ends but I think we need some more support. I was thinking catnip or olive as they've always been friends in need.

I suppose I should apologise for not implementing the silk pillow case sooner. You know how hesitant I can be about new things and now I feel so foolish, the sleeping bag didn't need it but you did. I can't help but wonder how things might be in the canopy if I had done it months ago - when it was first suggested.

In the meantime lets keep on the up and up!

all my love
M. E.

naereid
May 21st, 2010, 02:56 AM
I've even started taking vitamins regularly, for your sake, even thought you KNOW how much of a pill-phobia I have.
Gosh, that's so true for me too! I always used to have so much trouble swallowing pills when I was sick. I remember hours and hours of coaxing and frustration and tears as a child. Now I'm popping 'em like nothing. :laugh:

The things we do for our hair.

jackiesjottings
May 21st, 2010, 03:30 AM
Dear Hair

I am so sorry I decided to have you cut in 1995, but thank you for growing so fast, shoulder to lower back in just over five years. (3-4 inches from classic) I promise not to do it again. Thank you for going silver as I age, because it blends in so well with my natural colour. I am looking forward to long silver hair. I am sorry I wish you were thicker at times. I should look on the bright side and think- at least you are not heavy! I am sorry that I wish you had stayed as red as when I was born too, I love red hair and you are still reddish. But I was blessed with a naturally nice colour so I shouldn't complain.

I try to be gentle with you and use natural products. But I do appreciate you love having you long again so thank you for being my best feature and crowning glory.

Jackie

princessp
May 21st, 2010, 07:37 AM
Dear Hair,

I'm sorry I cried that time in elementary school when the hairdresser let you all out. Admittedly, I used to be embarrassed by your size and how you always just followed me around. I never let you be yourself. But Hair, I have changed. I promise that I will continue to seek out new information about your preferences and I will consider your true personality in earnest. I am sure this will deepen our relationship because I will provide you with what you really need and it will help me learn to accept you just the way you are (even on your crazy frizzy days).

with love and respect,
p.p.

LaurelSpring
May 21st, 2010, 11:08 AM
Dear Hair,

I am so happy with you! You are long and healthy and beautiful. Even the silvers look nice and sparkly. I want you to be well nourished and happy and to keep on growing and growing. Thank you for letting me braid and twist you all sorts of ways. Just stick with me. We still have a long way to go together. I promise to take care of you. Love and Hugs :heartbeat

In2wishin
May 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM
Dear Hair,

Well, you and I have been together for a long time now and we have always gotten along reasonably well. I do feel I have to apologize for some of the things I did to you: the perms, the cuts, ignoring your feelings at times.

With my renewed awareness of your presence in my life I want to make you some promises:

1) I will not cut you without serious consideration first.

2) I will no longer try to make you into something you are not, so I will quit with the coloring.

3) I will take you into consideration more when I buy or make cleansers, conditioners, treatments to put on you

4) I will be more careful with the comb, brush, pins, etc. and I will try to have more fun toys to decorate you with.

Now, for your part in this deal. I will take better care of you but please consider growing faster and not falling out as much.

Sincerely,
KMK

WaimeaWahine
May 19th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Dear Hair,

I'm sorry you got "lopped" again. I'm also sorry that give or take a few years you've been channeling Jackson Browne's hairstyle since 1977 - especially now that your bangs are growing out again.

If you keep growing I promise not to keep you in a ponytail so much when you are long enough again. While my promises to get you back to a more natural color have been broken thus far, I'm workin' on it. Poor hair.

Love Always,

Your owner

NouvelleNymphe2
May 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Dear Hair,

I appreciate your strength, and I hope you keep growing fast. I have to admit, though, you are a lot of work. You are dry while the scalp is oily, and you two live so close together. I have a hard time keeping the peace between you two. In the end I spoil you with coconut oil, and the scalp just has to deal. It keeps you growing and healthy. That is what is important to me because of your traumatic childhood. I'm sorry for all of the torture you have gone through. However, let us move on from those hard times to longer and more voluminous days! You have already made many positive changes, and with continued hard work I know you'll surprise everyone with your final transformation!

You can have anything and everything you've ever needed.

Your devoted caregiver,
Nouvelle

Eolan
May 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Dear hair,

Please keep it up. You are doing so well now. I promise to help you on your journey towards my rear end, by giving you all you need and require. I promise to never threat to cut you off again. I love you.

Sincerely yours, Eolan.

Dear scalp,

Stop it with the psoriasis already! You know I'll go at you with chemical weapons. I mean it!

/Eolan

Gwen
May 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Dear Hair,

Hey, it's me. I know that you and I have had our issues in the past, and I'm truly sorry for what I have done to you. I ignored you, I was too rough on you, and didn't care about your feelings. I just wanted you to look good and show you off. I used you. I was hoping we could patch things up and start over again.

Look, let's work together and sort this out! I know you're a little short on top, and damaged. But I'm trying my best to nurse you back to health. You gotta work with me though. That way, we can both be happy and long again. I promise that after May 25th you'll be yourself again (your color) and we'll be well on our way to our goal. I just want things back to what they used to be. We were so happy and beautiful! I promise I won't cut you either. I know, I know, I've said that before. But this time I mean it. I don't care what my hair stylist says dammit. I love you.

*Gets on one knee with hair toy*

Hair, will you grow for me?

Gwen.

TheBluffs
May 19th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Dear Hair,

*Gets on one knee with hair toy*

Hair, will you grow for me?

:lol:
Dear Hair,
Were do I start? Sorry for burning you, but you get a little wet. And time is short, so I decided to blow you dry. Sorry if I often blow torched you. Oh, and about the hairspray and gel? I now understand the flyaways are normal, and should not glue you down. Deeply sorry about all the swiming pool chlorine. I guess chemicals are not your thing. Lastly, I'm sorry for cutting you. I know you screamed at me to put away the sisores, but I didn't listen. I hope you will forgive me as I go and dump honey on you.

elbow chic
May 19th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Dear Hairs:

I am trying very hard not to break you. It'd help if your individual strands wouldn't stand up and float around like naughty toddlers in the cereal aisle. When they are caught alone, they are very fragile-- you must try to stick together because that's the only way such thin individuals can have any strength.

BUT, there is a very fancy new comb coming in the mail, just for you. So maybe that will help. I never imagined I would even consider spending thirty dollars on a comb.

I swear I've spent more on toys for you in the last three months than I've spent on toys for my children, so that is going to have to come to an END. Please behave now!

xoxo--

The Boss

PiroskaCicu
May 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Dear Poofy Hair,

Oh how I miss when you were still a virgin. You were so long and golden brown, shining in the sunlight. Now you are damaged from dye and you are no longer your shining golden colour.

I'm sorry that I've been bad to your follicles. I have a bad habit of scratching them and hurting them. You would be so much healthier if you didn't have a damaged scalp.

I hope this year you can forgive me and we can move on from my rebellious teenage years of cutting you down. I would love to see you at your fullest and greatest potential.

I know you will make it to tailbone length one day. Can't wait to see that day!

Love always,
the head that you grow out of.

P.S.
Do you like the new vitamins I'm taking?

Becky Safari
May 19th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Dear hair,

First off, let me apologize for yesterday's plastic brush session. It won't happen again, so long as our friends comb, BBB, and wood-pin are around to help. I also want to say that I am sorry for the straightener and blow fryer abuse, you really didn't deserve that kind of treatment. I hope that our future years of TLC and TLHC will make not only our relationship stronger, but you stronger as well!
Please don't feel rushed to get longer, we have a lifetime to reach greater lengths and I want you to focus on health and wealth. At least you have to give me credit for keeping you virgin since birth! I want to thank you for your fabulous color and waves, and in return I will give you the treatment that will make "antique lace" look like a piece of cobweb.

Sincerely,
Me!

UltraBella
May 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Dear Hair,
You and I need to come to some sort of an agreement. I have given up heat styling for you, I oil you and use a low sulfate shampoo. I have tried 37 different conditioners trying to figure out which kind you like. I am obviously trying here. I would appreciate a few favors in return. Please let me put you up in a different type of bun and use some of the hair toys I have purchased. The same look everyday is getting old. Also, please quit seeking the attention of others. It's rude to tickle someone else's face when I am standing near them or to make them pick you off their clothes. Please keep your shedding to yourself. And for the love of all things holy and good in this world, please, PLEASE stay out of DH's butt crack. I have no idea why you thought that would be funny or how you got there, but he is STILL traumatized. Quit with the practical jokes !

Sincerely,
UB

owlathena
May 19th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Dear hair,

You know I love you, so why do you grow so slowly? I spend hundreds of dollars on supplements and conditioners for you every year and you still only give me 0.25in a month. Why cant you be more like skin and actually heal when I take care of you? I'm sorry for bleaching you for several years, but c'mon, thats in the past now.

Sincerely,

Athena

PiroskaCicu
May 20th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Dear Hair,
You and I need to come to some sort of an agreement. I have given up heat styling for you, I oil you and use a low sulfate shampoo. I have tried 37 different conditioners trying to figure out which kind you like. I am obviously trying here. I would appreciate a few favors in return. Please let me put you up in a different type of bun and use some of the hair toys I have purchased. The same look everyday is getting old. Also, please quit seeking the attention of others. It's rude to tickle someone else's face when I am standing near them or to make them pick you off their clothes. Please keep your shedding to yourself. And for the love of all things holy and good in this world, please, PLEASE stay out of DH's butt crack. I have no idea why you thought that would be funny or how you got there, but he is STILL traumatized. Quit with the practical jokes !

Sincerely,
UB

I actually laughed out loud reading this, and it's 3 A.M. here! :D :lol:

ArienEllariel
May 20th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Dear Hair,

It's been a long time hasn't it? You are looking rather splendid if I do say so myself. Much sleaker and shinier. I do ask that you bare with me about the trims.. I know your ends are rather crunchy from old damage but I'm locking away the scissors until further notice. On a nother note, just think how far you've come from last year! You're finally BSL and lookin good. ;) Thank you for playing nicely with comb and brush. It's nice to know the tangles are being kept at bay. Keep up the good work.

Arien

Astraea
June 17th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Are you there Hair?

It's me, Hair-regret,

Where shall I begin? I have nothing to ask from you because I know all of the blame and shame is mine. I've gotten drunk on cheap chemical straighteners in the past and blamed you for the fallout. I've embarrassed you in public with loud, cheap extensions. And at home it wasn't any better. I chipped away at your self-esteem by ogling fine, lanky redheads instead of worshiping your luscious, dark body and forced you to get skinny when you were perfect just the way you are. I almost never acknowledged your phenomenal tensile strength, caressed your bountiful, cloudy softness or allowed your sensational, curly halo to spread its wings and shine in public - I sadly kept you hidden in protective styles or molded into the latest fantasy with every new shake or pudding on the market.

I didn't understand that when you curled up and cuddled my head so snug that you were keeping me warm from cold and cool in hot hot heat. Or that you were warning me, when you'd break off so suddenly, that I was neglecting you and the rest of my body. I even didn't understand that your coily, curly, wavy versatility was part of your mysterious charm. And when I finally began to see the error of my ways we either had those unfortunate run-ins with salon hacks or I went back on my word and tried to control you - again! Despite all you just kept growing and thriving in abundance regardless of getting little attention from me. My most recent naughtiness has shown me that you've been the most faithful, patient, loving and strong significant other that I've ever had! I promise for the last time, and from here-on-out to be the same to you.

Signed,
your biggest fan
xoxox

DarkCurls
June 17th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Are you there Hair?

It's me, Hair-regret,

Love you for the reference. :D

Dear Hair,

I hope you're enjoying yourself up there. I'm afraid I'll not be seeing you much for two months because of that dratted "wear your hair up" challenge, but I promise I won't forget you.
If you wanted to give me a great present for when we are reunited in two months' time, might I suggest an incredible growth spurt or very few split ends?

Yours truly,
Me.

Tisiloves
June 17th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Dear Hair,

This should be the point where I apologise for all the dyeing, but you and I both know you prefer it this way. You always seem so much happier saturated.

I want to thank you for your patience and indulgence. For the fact that you thrive on the simple things in life, that you take heavy handling in your stride.

I am truely sorry for the perm, I now accept that the only curls, kinks and waves you'll keep are the ones you choose. I only ask that you stop trying to eat metal things, they're not good for you.

Yours,

Tisi

ozzy
June 17th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Dear Hair

Please forgive me for the past years. Please please please grow thick and long and thick and long and really really fast. I promise to never hurt you again.

templeofvenus
June 17th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Dear Hair

Please forgive me for the past years. Please please please grow thick and long and thick and long and really really fast. I promise to never hurt you again.

same as the above is exactly what I say to my hair lol!!! :D

girlcat36
June 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Dear Hair--

I am extremely disappointed in you.
If anything you have gotten worse over the last five years.
I have given you everything----gentle care, patience, oils, silk pillowcases, microtrimming...and you repay me by falling out and unbelievably dry and frizzy.
Every time I fix the reason you have for falling out, a new and stupid reason crops up for more shedding. Hair, I don't think you will be happy until there is nothing left of you.
Everyday is a bad hairday, and I had to cut you. It didn't really help....you are still bad.

Hair----I give up on you.

Girlcat

Hollyfire3
June 18th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Dear Hair--

I am extremely disappointed in you.
If anything you have gotten worse over the last five years.
I have given you everything----gentle care, patience, oils, silk pillowcases, microtrimming...and you repay me by falling out and unbelievably dry and frizzy.
Every time I fix the reason you have for falling out, a new and stupid reason crops up for more shedding. Hair, I don't think you will be happy until there is nothing left of you.
Everyday is a bad hairday, and I had to cut you. It didn't really help....you are still bad.

Hair----I give up on you.

Girlcat

Aww, hugs to you. I hope you and your hair are able to make peace soon!

girlcat36
June 18th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Aww, hugs to you. I hope you and your hair are able to make peace soon!

Thanks. :)

MasCat
June 20th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Dear hair

I like you, be yourself.
I'm not planning to cut you for personal reasons anymore, altough I hope you realise that I had to cut SOMETHING and I knew you would grow back.
Anyway - I'm not planning to cut you again.

Will you please, please try to reach my knee? (when I'm standing ;> )

Yours truly.

humble_knight
June 20th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Dear Hair,

Please stick to growing atop my football-shaped head and please stay away from the ears and nostrils! shudder:

lunalesca
June 20th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Dear hair,

Sorry for this peroxide thing. You look way much better now that your are not so pale any more. I know that you are considering about loosing color completely, but please be patient.

Yours, luna
*lol*

Shiranshoku
June 20th, 2012, 05:14 AM
This thread is awesome :)

Dear hair,

We've been through so much together, haven't we? I still remember in kindergarten when you were a set of long golden tresses my mother braided everyday. How random strangers called us a china doll and petted you. You were so beautiful back then.

I still don't know what got into me that fatal night. But I swear, dear hair, I did not realise what the consequences would be. When mother discovered the scissors and the locks in my drawer, the screaming and the buzz cut that followed were as traumatizing for me as they were for you.

But why? Why did you punish me so? You grew back as weed, but gone was your golden hue. I never understood until now how scared you were. How you turned into an ashy blonde in order to escape all attention. I never understood, but I do now.

For years on end our parents forced us to cut you into a bob. How we mourned, when we went to the hairdresser and asked to only cut the ends, yet left with a chin length bob yet again. It suits your face, they said. You look much better, they said.

It was so easy to give in to your whispers. Dye me! Perm me! Rebel, so we can be free again!

I should've known that was wrong when you turned orange that first time. But the rush! The endorphins! The strange, unreal shine and gloss! You were as far gone as I was, by then.

When I permed you, and the ends turned into straw... Dry, brittle, and yellow... We knew it had been enough. I promised you I would never again hurt you so badly.

And you are still so strong, dear hair. You still grow, still shine, still refuse to split at the ends. You try so hard to show me the glory of your natural colour, and how it suits my complexion so well.

I'm sorry for letting my mother talk me into another dye job last weekend. It won't happen again.

Love,

Your caretaker.

PS: okay, I offended you. But honestly, getting greasy within half a day after I washed you? I was just browsing that Monistat thread. I get it, no cootie cream for you.

Covet
June 20th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Dear hair,

I'm sorry for the first sixteen years of your life. No one knew (or even tried to find out) how to treat you, wash you, condition or detangle you. You were just kept in a ponytail every single day for years on end.

I didn't care about you because I didn't know about you. I didn't like you because you were so different. I dyed you so many different colours; you must have been suffocating under the chemicals and peroxide. In September I made the big mistake of getting a full head of very light highlights and for that I am extremely sorry. You are crispy, frizzy and upset. I'm doing my best to give you star treatment and as you know, the days of your mistreatment are long gone. I no longer fry you with the blowfryer, I have no intentions to bleach or dye you ever again, for there is no point. You are truly beautiful being silky and dark brown/black. You are loving your regular trims and to be honest, so am I. You feel and look so much happier each time some of your damaged and mistreated ends come off. Your next trim is scheduled for December, I hope you are looking forward to it.

Here's to many years of growth and curliness together :)

Jing
June 20th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Dear hair,

You're almost curly, aren't you? Well, since you keep falling out whenever I get conditioner on my scalp, I'm not going to be able to try CO:ing, am I? Why so self-defeating? I promise I'll quit the cones some day, but could you please stop forming strings whenever I let you air dry until then? It's not cool. I can't take you anywhere down when you're like that. No, no, I haven't forgotten that I promised to type you properly. You'll just have to wait until you're longer.

While I'm at it, I really liked what you did after coming out of the bun yesterday, but why wouldn't you photograph well? I'm trying to cater to your vanity here. Just saying "hey everybody, my hair looked really nice for five minutes last night between letting it down and plopping my head on a pillow!" isn't going to impress anyone. But I do forgive you. I simply cannot stay annoyed with you when you are this soft. We'll work it all out together.

Sincerely,
Your downstairs neighbour