PDA

View Full Version : Do bangs grow at the same rate as the rest of your hair?

TropicalBreeze
March 15th, 2011, 05:58 AM
I know, it's probably a stupid question, LOL. :D But it seems that my bangs do grow faster or maybe I'm just imaging it. So I thought I would ask if anyone really knew the answer.

pepperminttea
March 15th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Generally, yes. But some people do have areas that grow faster than others, resulting in an interesting hemline without trimming.

nazzooyzo
March 15th, 2011, 06:06 AM
mine definitely do!

Ligeia_13
March 15th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Mine do too! If the rest had grown like my bangs, I'd have 5cm more now.

Gwen
March 15th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Strange, my bangs are the slowest growers on my head! I can never seem to get them past my chin.

oktobergoud
March 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM
My bangs grow fast but somehow I feel like I'm imagining it. I mean, I always cut my bangs so they are always short, shorter than the rest of my hair. So I will notice it way faster when it grows than with the rest of my hair, simply because it is shorter, you know? I have a pixie now and I feel my hair grows fast (many people say so) but since it's so short you see a difference so fast so it SEEMS like it grows fast, but it probably doesn't grow a bit faster then when it's long... the shape just changes faster, I guess :P

Well that's my theory ;) My bangs do really seem to grow fast though! Maybe they DO grow faster than the rest.. sigh.. I don't know!

Neneka
March 15th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Hair on the back of my head grows faster and it is also darker and a bit coarser than hair on the front. If I don't trim I will have deep V-hemline when my hair grows.

selderon
March 15th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I suspect the best way to know would be to measure both the bangs and the hemline right before and right after a trim.

spidermom
March 15th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Every single hair on your head has its own individual growth cycle, so I would imagine that not even all the hairs that make up your bangs grow at the same rate.

Timkerbelle
March 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM
My fringe definitely grows slower than any other part of my hair! I suspect that is because I seem to have some kind of thinning going on (either hormonal or genetic)

Kathie
March 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
From monitoring my roots against dye I can see that my hair grows fastest near the crown and slowest at the front/around the bangs.

McFearless
March 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM
You can tell if you dye your hair. My bangs grow faster than the rest of my hair. Without trims its a reverse U-shaped hemline.

Rocket22
March 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM
For sure my bangs grow slower :(

Cholera
March 15th, 2011, 05:47 PM
It certainly seems like mine do, but I don't think so in actuality. I think that it seems like it because there are a lot of little markers on your face (eyebrows, eyelashes, ears, tip of the nose, lip, chin), and they're relatively close together as opposed to the ones on your body, so it seems like they're growing wayyy faster.

PrincessTieflin
March 15th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I know mine seem like they do, but I can tel when my roots start to show that its all growing the same..

I think I notice my bangs more, cause I see how long they are all the time. And how fast/slow they are growing.

Dorothy
March 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM
It is clear to me from previous chemical dyeing and current Henna ing that my bangs and crown grow fastest, are thickest, and have the most grey hair. The hair at the nape of my neck is fine, almost all naturally brown, and the few white ones that show up don't need hennaing that often because they grow so slowly. So the hair on the top of my head is the reddest, and underneath layers are browner. Also, I still have brown dye on the bottom 10 inches or so, and the red reaches down furthest on the pieces of my hair closest to my face. So folks must be different, I was assuming everyone had this pattern, but clearly some folks have the opposite.