PDA

View Full Version : NOT the day for the shower to break.

Hala
March 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Picture this:

-My husband has a head full of avocado oil with straight neem essential oil mixed in. We all know how lovely THAT smells.

-My daughter has a saran-wrapped heavy application of Manic Panic Enchanted Forest.

-I'm rocking an SMT under saran wrap and a tichel. Just the basic aloe, AO rose condish, and honey, but with a couple of little scoops of amla powder mixed in.

And our drain breaks.

We think it actually is the automatic drain-stopper thing, not a clog. We have a bathtub full of standing water that none of us can go near because it's full of bleach.

Husband and daughter have been able to wash theirs out in the sink. I am not so lucky. Praying the repairman comes soon--as it stands, I'm going to the supermarket with the scarf on my head. Beyond that, who knows?

It should be good for my hair, right?

enfys
March 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
That happened to me, sort of. We couldn't use the bathroom floor when we were tiling it, so my SMT's were rinsed out in the kitchen sink. It wasn't tooooo bad.

We've also run out of gas when I'm trying to run a bath on a Sunday night and all the shops are shut. Nice, cold bath and cold hairwash them out into the cold house to catch a cold. Gah.

You have my sympathies :flower:

NouvelleNymphe2
March 14th, 2011, 04:49 PM
awww cute family hair day! hehehe. i hope it gets fixed soon, that's some serious deep conditioning ;)

squee
March 14th, 2011, 05:28 PM
awww *hugs*

IcarusBride
March 14th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Yikes! I hate when that happens! At exactly the worst moment, everything suddenly implodes!

selderon
March 14th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I bet you were grateful that your DH got that neem oil out of his hair! LOL Here's hoping for a quick plumbing fix!

Hala
March 14th, 2011, 08:21 PM
And we're fixed. I think this was actually pretty good for my hair!

Neem's the only thing that works on his scalp, but ick. When I have to use it for skin issues, I mix it with tea tree oil to mask the scent.

Phexlyn
March 15th, 2011, 02:44 AM
I'm just picturing a horror scenario of a much-too-long henna application on my hair because there's no water to wash it out - I only leave my henna/glosses in for an hour.

I hope your shower can get fixed soon! :flower:

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 03:47 AM
awww cute family hair day! hehehe. i hope it gets fixed soon, that's some serious deep conditioning ;)
lmao what she said ;-)