PDA

View Full Version : Lighten Hair With Lemon Juice!?

gman4354
March 13th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I want to put blond streaks in my hair but (a) don't want to spend tons of money in order to have a salon do it and (b) don't want to use peroxide or any other potentially harmful chemical on my hair. To me, lemon juice would be the safest and least harsh to hair.

Has anyone tried doing this? If so what where your results and where you happy with them? Also, any suggestions or instructions would be greatly appreciated! My hair is a somewhat light brown, I say that because I've read that the color of your hair can affect your results when using lemon juice to lighten your hair.

I've also heard chamomile tea works too, are there any different results when compared to lemon juice?

Thank you in advanced! (:

UltraBella
March 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I did this years ago. My mom wouldn't let me highlight my hair so I decided lemon juice and a blow dryer were the way to go. It turned my hair yellow and made it very dry. It just couldn't lift my color past that brassy awful stage and I was stuck with it :(

Nightshade
March 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM
If you check out the Herbal Hair Coloring article in my siggy there's a method for doing it. It can and will work, but is very, VERY drying. I'd honestly suggest honey first (there's a massive thread about honey lightening around here somewhere) and if that doesn't work and you don't have chemical dyes on your hair, try Sun-In, just be very gentle :)