PDA

View Full Version : What A Sweet Compliment!

LovingLongHair
March 9th, 2011, 07:12 PM
So I had the nicest compliments I've had in a while today! :) I was sitting at lunch with a couple of my friends and another girl who I don't know to well. I kept noticing how she was looking at my hair. All of a sudden she said that she wished she had pretty, long hair like me! And everyone agreed with her! (Most of my friends have bobs or shoulder length hair.) :D I was so happy and a little embarrassed! (I get embarrassed real easy when people give me compliments. :o) Anyways, I am so happy that long hair is coming back!

What sweet compliments on your hair have you gotten lately? Also, do you have a hair compliment that sticks out in your memory? Share please! :)

Cirafly24
March 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM
That's really nice! The best compliment I've gotten recently was from my mom. I haven't seen her in almost a year, and I emailed her a picture of me in the dress she got me for Christmas. She wrote back saying "Beautiful. I think you hair grew a foot since I saw you last. Love, Rapunzel's mother"

:crush:

Luna12345
March 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
One girl at my school asked me "What do you use on your hair? It looks very healthy!"
I took it as a compliment especially since I'm someone who colors my hair and does highlights.:)

The last time I was at a hair salon the stylest blew out my hair and she was like "I love your hair , it's exactly like Shakiras!"

ouseljay
March 9th, 2011, 07:39 PM
The most recent compliment I got was from my mother: "Oh, your hair looks so pretty! Are you using a nice new conditioner?" (Translation note: "Nice" means "exorbitantly expensive.")

I hadn't washed my hair in two weeks. ;):D

Madora
March 9th, 2011, 08:23 PM
A neat compliment I received last year was very unexpected. I was at a Big O tire store waiting for my tires to be changed when the lady at the counter asked if my hair reached the floor when undone. (My hair was in my usual lace french braid around my head).

The hair compliment that stands out the most happened over 20 years ago when a stranger asked if I was a George Michael client. I was astounded that someone else knew about Mr. Michael too!

monsterna
March 9th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I saw my friend a couple weeks ago for the first time in probably 3 months. She said she noticed my hair was longer but also looked thicker and had a different shine to it.

2peasinapod
March 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
How nice! My sweetest hair compliment came from a two year old. I was baby sitting for a friends' twin daughters. My hair was just long enough for a ponytail, but not quite long enough for a bun because it's so thick and wavy.

Anyway, I was brushing their hair with one of those little baby brushes. On a whim, I pulled out my wooden comb from my pocket. They had never seen one before and asked what to do with it. So, I took my hair elastic off in order to show them. The look of amazement on their faces made my day! OK, so they hadn't seen long hair before (their mom has a pixie), but it totally melted my heart! Kids are so cute! :D :inlove:

MeganE
March 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Before I started cutting my own hair, I used to get great compliments about my hair color from the stylists I would see. My hair is that confusing shade of dark blonde and light brown at the same time, and most of the time it looks drab to me. But I always end up seeing it as a very rich color after someone compliments me on it!!

arc691
March 10th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Wow, what nice things to read! I love hearing how everyone has been complimented on their long hair! I know that I personally have had many sweet compliments since joining the LHC~ Thanks, y'all! :) So many people on here certainly know how to brighten up a person's day!

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20Smilies/flores_carinho.gif

Issmene
March 10th, 2011, 06:24 AM
That's really sweet :D I once was fixing my hair (aka smoothing it with my fingers as I though it was being frizzy and poofy) in the lady's room and the woman standing next to me told me she thought my hair was really pretty, I was really flattered and my face got red xD

Idun
March 10th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I very rarely get complimented on my hair. Not long ago though a fellow student commented on me having lots of different updos. I guess that was a compliment. :)

eshta
March 10th, 2011, 06:46 AM
The last time I went to the hairdresser (before I started self trimming) she said she loved my red glow and it was nice to see undyed hair on someone. I henna but apparently it looks very natural on me. Actually a lot of people think it's natural because I have green eyes and very pale skin.

And a few weeks ago a woman who came cycling by said she loved the color, that was funny because it happened very fast and surprised me, I had just enough time to shout thank you.

Siava
March 10th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Aww. Hair compliments can really make one's day can't they? :)

I haven't received any compliments IRL, just the obvious, "Your hair is getting so long!" sort of remarks. I've received nice compliments here though. :)

Grejs
March 10th, 2011, 07:29 AM
The most recent compliment I got when it comes to my hair was from my mother when I told her that I needed to trim my hair a bit.
She looked a bit worried, and then told me not to cut too much of since I "look like a little fairy" with my long hair :)
Oh, and I will be 24 this year. Mothers. :p

sibiryachka
March 10th, 2011, 10:14 AM
It's sort of indirect, but I recently found out that my mother has been trying to convince a friend of hers, who uses box dye to keep her hair red, to try henna instead, because she's impressed with its results on me. Flattering!

Dreamkitty
March 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Aww what a sweet compliment your friend made.:) I bet it made your day.

I always have my hair in a plait when Im going outside otherwise my hair would get into a hot mess lol. But once at work, I unplaited my hair to comb it. My friend said "your hair is beautiful, it looks good when it's out. Why don't you wear it like that?".:D To be honest, I just feel different when having my hair out because Im so used to plaits & ponytails, along with the fact that I keep thinking to myself if having my hair out suits me.

MissEarlGrey
March 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM
This guy in my calculus class who hasn't spoken to me very much aside from the random "Hey what did you get for number 17?" tapped me on the shoulder today and said he really liked my bun. It was a French braid put in a cinnamon bun with two double-ended knitting needles re purposed as hair sticks. It was so nice.

ericthegreat
March 10th, 2011, 03:48 PM
What a great thing she did giving you a complement! :) Especially since it came from a friend/fellow peer of yours, it shows how well you've been taking care of your hair.

Yozhik
March 10th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hair compliments IRL are the best! :cloud9:

Recently one of my friends said my hair was nice enough to sell, which I guess was a compliment. I get the most comments on my updos, though, and my relatives have been remarking for the last couple of months that my hair has been "getting long."

Ah, well, DBF compliments me everyday on my hair. :crush:

LovingLongHair
March 14th, 2011, 03:17 PM
That's really nice! The best compliment I've gotten recently was from my mom. I haven't seen her in almost a year, and I emailed her a picture of me in the dress she got me for Christmas. She wrote back saying "Beautiful. I think you hair grew a foot since I saw you last. Love, Rapunzel's mother"

:crush: Aww! That's so sweet! Especially the "Love, Rapunzel's mother" part!

LovingLongHair
March 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Sorry, I've been really busy this past week and haven't been able to check this post! What great compliments all of you guys have gotten! I think compliments are such great things, they help and encourage you to grow healthy long hair. And it's always a great thing to see when people notice such hard work! :D

Yozhik: Aww, thats sooo sweet! :crush:

ericthegreat: Oh, compliments from friends are always the best. 'Cause when you know that they notice the care thats went into your hair, it's so flattering!:D

MissEarlGrey: It's so nice to get random compliments like that, isn't it? :)

Dreamkitty: It made my day indeed! I wear my hair in braids alot too. What a nice compliment!

sibiryachka: It's sweet when people use you for an example to their friends when it comes to hair. I personally don't use henna, but people have used me as examples for hairstyles and such. That's a good compliment right there!

Grejs: That made me smile! My grandma always tells me that I look like like a little kid with my hair down. That one always make me giggle! :o

Siava: They can make your day indeed! I get the "You're hair's getting so long!" one too! :)

eshta: Aww, that's so sweet! My hairdresser (who has long hair herself) made me promise not to ever dye my hair. She also tells me to tell everyone that has fine hair that it's not called fine, it's called cornsilk hair! Hairdressers can be the best can't they?:D

Idun: I would definitely count that as a compliment! :)

Issmene: Oh, trust me! I turn beet-red when I get compliments! :o But compliments are so nice, even if I get embarrassed!

anthonyswife
March 14th, 2011, 03:58 PM
My favorite occasion was in the grocery store some months back. There was a lady in the produce aisle with hip/tailbone hair complete with lovely grays, I went up and complimented her on it and she complimented mine, too (which was down at the time). We discussed hair for a little bit. I thought it was a really sweet experience. :)

LovingLongHair
March 14th, 2011, 07:01 PM
My favorite occasion was in the grocery store some months back. There was a lady in the produce aisle with hip/tailbone hair complete with lovely grays, I went up and complimented her on it and she complimented mine, too (which was down at the time). We discussed hair for a little bit. I thought it was a really sweet experience. :)

Awww, thats a rare thing to see people who have that long of hair anymore. Thats a good compliment! :)

luckyduck
March 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM
My husband complimented the braid wrapped bun I wore to church last week, and he added just wait til it is all gray, it will be spectacular.

Earelia
March 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I heard someone in Barnes&Noble whisper,"She's got nice hair..." and it made feel good since I don't think I've got the best hair with the roots and all.

sakuraemily
March 15th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I went to get my hair cut a week back and the lady said while cutting, "such silky hair". Her assisstant said,"it will look good in layers". I'm really happy they said that.

Yavene
March 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
We'd been eating dinner with some family friends, who have a 4 year old boy. After we'd left, he asked if the girl with the long, pretty hair could tell his goodnight story :grin:

Dorothy
March 15th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I am often shocked at how much fuss and bother I can put into my hair, fancy buns and ancient japanese hair decorations, only to have no one notice it at all.

But my boss said this week "your hair is getting so long" and for me those are sweet words indeed.

I also get a lot of milleage out of being called a "redhead" since I've been transitioning to Henna for 3 years, now finally I'm a redhead.

And occasionally someone will tell me it is beautiful - but only when it's down.

My dear partner, who does my Henna, tries to make up for all the not noticing of others by noticing everything.

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM
my DH paid me a compliment yesterday, I made a decision years ago not to dye my hair any more, I used to have streaks but my hair is so fine it always broke off .. so my decision not to dye meant going gray natually. I'm 46 now and up until yesterday I thought I had less than 10 grays .. anyway, my hair was up in a half do, he was behind me and said that my hair is looking really good with all the silver streaks, he said that my hair is going to be really nice when the gray really starts coming thru .. meaning I have more gray than I thought !! he couldn't believe someone would be so excited at the mention of gray hair :-) "embrace"

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Aww! That's so sweet! Especially the "Love, Rapunzel's mother" part!

I liked that too .. lol :-)

Olivia23
March 15th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I was sitting in class next to a window (sunlight through windows does amazing things to hennaed hair!), and an older gentleman sitting behind me said I have beautiful hair. I was pretty speechless (I did enjoy the compliment though) that I told him I work really hard on it. We both laughed but if he only knew how hard I really do work on it LOL!

dmitri
March 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM
A compliment that sticks in my mind is from a few months ago when I went to the local herb shop for my some essential oils. The cashier asked for my ID when I used my debit card. So I pulled out my driver's license, which still shows me with short hair (and clean shaven). And she said something like "Wow... that's you? I really like the long hair and beard better, it suits you so well!" It really made my day because I'm so used to my family telling me I should cut it and shave.

LovingLongHair
March 18th, 2011, 08:06 PM
My husband complimented the braid wrapped bun I wore to church last week, and he added just wait til it is all gray, it will be spectacular.

Awww, that's so sweet! :crush:

LovingLongHair
March 18th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I heard someone in Barnes&Noble whisper,"She's got nice hair..." and it made feel good since I don't think I've got the best hair with the roots and all.

That's a good compliment! Compliments sorta remind us that we should never give up hope in our hair routines, 'cause others notice it! :)

LovingLongHair
March 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I went to get my hair cut a week back and the lady said while cutting, "such silky hair". Her assisstant said,"it will look good in layers". I'm really happy they said that.

Thats a good compliment. Hairdressers are great compliment-givers!

We'd been eating dinner with some family friends, who have a 4 year old boy. After we'd left, he asked if the girl with the long, pretty hair could tell his goodnight story :grin:

Awwww, thats like something out of a story book! :cloud9:

I am often shocked at how much fuss and bother I can put into my hair, fancy buns and ancient japanese hair decorations, only to have no one notice it at all.

But my boss said this week "your hair is getting so long" and for me those are sweet words indeed.

I also get a lot of milleage out of being called a "redhead" since I've been transitioning to Henna for 3 years, now finally I'm a redhead.

And occasionally someone will tell me it is beautiful - but only when it's down.

My dear partner, who does my Henna, tries to make up for all the not noticing of others by noticing everything.

Those are all really good compliments! Even though that may seem like small stuff, you really are lucky to have all that support! :)

my DH paid me a compliment yesterday, I made a decision years ago not to dye my hair any more, I used to have streaks but my hair is so fine it always broke off .. so my decision not to dye meant going gray natually. I'm 46 now and up until yesterday I thought I had less than 10 grays .. anyway, my hair was up in a half do, he was behind me and said that my hair is looking really good with all the silver streaks, he said that my hair is going to be really nice when the gray really starts coming thru .. meaning I have more gray than I thought !! he couldn't believe someone would be so excited at the mention of gray hair :-) "embrace"

That is too sweet! Sometimes the most off guard compliments are the best ones, right? :)

LovingLongHair
March 18th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I was sitting in class next to a window (sunlight through windows does amazing things to hennaed hair!), and an older gentleman sitting behind me said I have beautiful hair. I was pretty speechless (I did enjoy the compliment though) that I told him I work really hard on it. We both laughed but if he only knew how hard I really do work on it LOL!

LOL! That's cute! The older generations know how to compliment! My grandmother (who has waist length, thick, white and silvery hair), always says how long my hair is getting. :)

A compliment that sticks in my mind is from a few months ago when I went to the local herb shop for my some essential oils. The cashier asked for my ID when I used my debit card. So I pulled out my driver's license, which still shows me with short hair (and clean shaven). And she said something like "Wow... that's you? I really like the long hair and beard better, it suits you so well!" It really made my day because I'm so used to my family telling me I should cut it and shave.

Thats a good one! Compliments can make your day! :)

noelgirl
March 19th, 2011, 07:51 AM
A few days ago my roommate, who used to have long hair but now wears a pixie, said to me, "Your hair makes me miss mine."

MoonlightShadow
March 19th, 2011, 08:40 AM
a classmate told me that my hair was magical :)
another girl said that i have so much hair and asked me if it was all real. :eek:

Ais
March 19th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Aww these are so sweet!
On Thursday a bunch of my friends and I went in the pub celebrating St Patricks Day, and when I arrived three of them simultaneously turned to me and said, "Wow, you're hair has gotten so long!". I was wearing it long for the first time in a while and smoothed out the waves a bit so the length showed, I was thrilled :)

Signe
March 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM

Judging by your avatar she is right...long hair and a beard suits you perfectly! I think more men should rock it and less people should give them grief about it :rolleyes:

A little off topic, but I think our society should give everyone a little less grief about ANY hair, male, female, bodyhair, headhair, armpithair...IMO it is all wonderful!!!!

Mírien
April 23rd, 2011, 12:17 AM
Well, this happened three years ago when DBF and I started dating. We were classmates at the time :rolleyes: and were on a classtrip. At a shopping centre I went to the lady's room to fix my hair. In those days I had it in a ponytail each day (how silly I was...) So I let it down and started combing. After a while I noticed that the door was half open and DBF was standing in the corridor staring at me combing my hair... :eek:

ibleedlipstick
April 23rd, 2011, 12:32 AM
I always love going in to get my hair trimmed — they almost always comment on the health of my hair, and it makes me super happy because I dye it often.

My boyfriend recently complimented my updos, and I was overwhelmingly thrilled by it because I seriously doubt my abilities... however, I was also making peanut butter swirl brownies for him at the time. That might have had something to do with his flattery....