PDA

View Full Version : Behold, the tumble-weed of DOOM

rena
March 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM
It crunches, it cracks, its dryer than the Saharan Desert...

Alas, this is what happens after a normal wash and condition, but without a nice leave-in. Originally, it dried as frizzy waves with little definition, and after I combed it out, the wave dissapeared all together :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7091&pictureid=97877
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7091&pictureid=97878

Problem is super dryness. When properly moisturized, it dries nothing like this, is smooth and shiny. Here is an example:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65538 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65538)

Funny thing was, this dry fluff was soft, just...fluffy. Good news is that the roots were pretty limp and non fuzzy, which is why its falling flat on top instead of sticking straight up all over, and why it even moved when I swished it. This is also what happens if I simply get it wet, even just a few drops of rainwater can equal total disaster...:rolleyes:

So, I thought ya'll would get a kick out of this! Hope I made someone lol.

scorpio_rising
March 9th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I can't see pics in this thread OR the one you linked to? :confused:

rena
March 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Humm...I can see them. I wonder why they're not showing up? Did you try refresh? Sometimes I have to do that to see pics in a thread.

Fairlight63
March 9th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I can't see them either :(

Rebecca.1905
March 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Me either.

rena
March 9th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Okay, I *think* I know what the problem is.

Anywhere
March 9th, 2011, 01:27 PM
they showed up when i refreshed. I love your eyes. :eyebrows::rolleyes:

and wow! thats so fluffy compared to the other pictures! :bigeyes: amazing what a leave in can do.

Nae
March 9th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Ha! That is some amazing hair. My roommate in college used to have hair like that, that is how she would wear it every day. It was kinda crazy, but I loved her to pieces so those photos brought back some great memories!

I looked at your other photos and I am sure she would have loved if hers ever stayed down as nicely as you can get yours to with a leave in. The difference is amazing.

haibane
March 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Wow, that's impressive! :bigeyes:

tigr
March 9th, 2011, 01:40 PM
That's impressive!

What leave-in(s) do you use?

elbow chic
March 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Whoa, that's amazing! I'm not gonna lie-- I think the tumbleweed effect is actually pretty awesome, though I can see how living with it day to day might get pretty old.

rena
March 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
What leave-in(s) do you use?

I currently use the Garnier Fructise Triple Nutrition conditioner most of the time, and/or any kind of non-coney conditioner I may have on hand :)

rena
March 9th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Whoa, that's amazing! I'm not gonna lie-- I think the tumbleweed effect is actually pretty awesome, though I can see how living with it day to day might get pretty old.

Haha, thanks. Yes, it certainly can get old, and one does tire of losing small objects in their own hair :eek:

Othala
March 9th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I love the colour of your hair, it is so beautiful. As for the texture, I don't think "tumbleweed" does it justice. It is quite lovely and looks very touchable. I am glad your hair responds well to conditioner.

rena
March 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I love the colour of your hair, it is so beautiful. As for the texture, I don't think "tumbleweed" does it justice. It is quite lovely and looks very touchable. I am glad your hair responds well to conditioner.

Thank you much Othala, I apprieciate that greatly.

Conditioner is awesome :cheese: I only wish I had discovered the right way for me to use it before I went chop-happy.

scorpio_rising
March 9th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Bahaha, the eyes! :laugh:
I think the tumbleweed is actually kinda coo', too!

Anje
March 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Whoa! That's bizarrely impressive. It's hard to believe it's the same head of hair!

Debra83
March 9th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Like I said in the other thread, glad you found the conditioner! I really can't believe the difference in your hair! I thought MINE was quite different until I saw yours!!! I can't wait to see what it will be like longer for you!!! Hurry up and GROW!!!! :D

rena
March 9th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Like I said in the other thread, glad you found the conditioner! I really can't believe the difference in your hair! I thought MINE was quite different until I saw yours!!! I can't wait to see what it will be like longer for you!!! Hurry up and GROW!!!! :D

:thumbsup: