PDA

View Full Version : One year at TLHC! Including pictures...

Lady_C_longhair
February 7th, 2011, 07:18 AM
This month it's a year ago that I joined TLHC! In the meantime I've taken well care of my hair, much better than before. I've also tried to wear my hair up regularly, but it's hard to make a nice updo because of the many layers in my hair. All this time I haven't paid a visit to the hair salon. I guess this will be necessary to get a small trim some time soon though because the ends of my hair have become pretty dry.
I grew out my bangs, but I'm still not quite sure whether this is what I really like best. My forehead is rather high, so it doesn't always look nice and sometimes a bit 'bold' I think. Maybe I should get side-swept bangs? What do you think? I don't think I want to go back to the straight bangs because they tend to make my face look very narrow (I don't have very pronounced cheekbones unfortunately).
Last summer I died the lower half of my hair black (not length-wise but the layer beneath the upper layer...I don't know how to describe this any better in English, sorry :)) and I still like the combination of black and dark blonde hair very much. I do think it should be more visible than it is right now, for sometimes it's hardly noticeable. So many I'll have some streaks of hair dyed black on the outside, not just the inner layer. On the other hand....the dyed hair is in a much worse condition than the rest of my hair. So I could also stop dying it (maybe having the now black part dyed back to blonde) and stick to my natural hair color. Dilemma's....:)
Here are some photographs of 1) my hair in February 2010 and 2) my hair in February 2011:

1)

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9554/haargroei6februari2010.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5930/91000.jpg
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6351/haarsite7.jpg

2)

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1681/kleinbestand.jpg

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5312&pictureid=95547

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5918/haarsite1.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5742/haarsite2.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9672/haarsite3.jpg

twilightmom
February 7th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Your hair looks lovely. Very healthy.

chopandchange
February 7th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Oh wow! Look at you!

It's really grown!

As an added bonus, I think it makes you look lots younger having longer hair and no fringe! (not that you looked old to start with, mind! But you really suit not having a fringe).

Edit: P.S. I like your boots!

Rocket22
February 7th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Wow that seems like a lot of progress for one year!!! very nice! I love the bangs and the no bangs so I'm no help in that department :)

growing2shine
February 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Congratulations with your anniversay!!! :cheer:
Your hair looks beautiful and great growth!
I think you look really cute, bangs and no bangs, but I think it suits you better without bangs. :flower:
But sideswept bangs sounds like a good idea. :)
You could also try parting your hair to one side and that way get an idea of what it would look like.

Beatrix_Kiddo
February 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Such a great growth! Congratulations!

Prettyeyes23
February 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Wow! Great progress with your hair and very nice pictures.

LocustSpawning
February 7th, 2011, 07:59 AM
That's really great for one year! It looks lovely. Long hair flatters you a lot :)

Fufu
February 7th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Great growth :) You look great with long hair.

SummerSkye
February 7th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Wow, great growth and you suit long hair! I'd vote for no bangs, you suit both but I think no bangs shows off your lovely face better!

Eolan
February 7th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Yeah, like the others have said: you have grown ALOT of hair in one year! Congratulations, it looks terrific!

Vorvolaka
February 7th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Gorgeous hair!

Also, I think I have the same boots as you. :D

ladyjo
February 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Well done! I think you look better without the fringe (bangs), it shows off your pretty face more :)

krissykins
February 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Great growth! You seem so much happier in the February 2011 pictures haha

CarpeDM
February 7th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I like the no bangs better :)

utdesertrunner
February 7th, 2011, 09:55 AM
That's a ton of growth! Looks great on you! I really like your bangs, I think they are very flattering on you.

Cowgirl16
February 7th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Your hair really grew! Your forehead doesn't look "bold", you have a beautiful face.:flower:

Lady_C_longhair
February 7th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks a lot everyone for your lovely comments and your opinions!! I am relieved to read that most of you think I look nice without the bangs…I’m always rather insecure about this. I might still decide to take side-swept bangs, which would still leave my face quite ‘open’ like I have now, but a little more interesting than with no bangs at all. If so, I’ll post pictures again!

@chopandchange: Interesting to hear that no fringe makes me look younger! I always thought it was the opposite, so I was quite (positively) surprised. :)

@growing2shine: Thanks for the good advice! I’ll definitely try wearing my hair to the side to see what it looks like.

@Vorvolaka: How nice that you have the same boots! Dr. Martens are so comfortable, I’m really a bit addicted. :)

@Krissykins: Haha, I do look happier now that you mention it. I feel much more feminine with the longer hair and I’m happy to feel it touching my back again. I guess the fact that I was feeling really sick last year (infection of my sense organ in my year, which made me feel dizzy all the time) must also have played a part there.

@Utdesertrunner: I might still take side-swept bangs, so I’ll have a combination of the two options. :)

CastaDiva
February 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
What great progress! Congratulations:cheese:

Kathie
February 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Amazing growth! I like how you look without the blunt bangs. But a softer side-swept bangs may look great?!

Lady_C_longhair
February 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I found some old pictures of when I had side-swept bangs!

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/606/summerdarkness.jpg

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3507/dsc04119z.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4458/dsc03592f.jpg

spitfire511
February 7th, 2011, 12:03 PM
You look so lovely! Congrats!

Avital88
February 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Thats some good growth! I dont think your forehead is that high that you need a fringe, i do think a fringe suits you good. But also no fringe looks good.. So i think thats a personal preference..
Happy anniversary..x

Avital88
February 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
And wow!! That picture of you with sideswept bangs is amazing!! I love the one with the long dark skirt! Great style you have..

Lady_C_longhair
February 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thank you so much! :)

Yozhik
February 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! You have had amazing growth *swoon*

I really like how you look without bangs, to be honest, but the side swept bangs also look quite dramatic. :)

Niphredil
February 7th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Good progress! And I agree that you look good with bangs, without bangs and with side-swept bangs as well!

I saw that first series of pictures on the bridge and immediately thought ' hey, that looks like a typical park in The Netherlands ' and then looking at your stats and voila, that's where you are from :p

We do (still) have nice spots in our little piece of the earth!

Red_Wednesday
February 7th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Wow!! Lovely hair!! Your progress is really fabulous!! Personally, I think the side swept is stunning on you - very whimsical in my opinion.

lapushka
February 7th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Your hair looks lovely! :thumbsup: I agree with chopandchange. You look really great without bangs, and longer hair really suits you and makes you look younger!

I like the way you look now more than the look with the side-swept bangs. :flower: Don't get me wrong, all your pictures are great, it's just that the new pics make you look so much younger IMO. I remember I dressed quite similarly when I was a student. The long black coat, black boots, black leggings, thick scarf... shaved head (well, in my case). :p

ericthegreat
February 7th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I think you look much sleeker with longer hair and no bangs. Not that the shorter, layered hair with bangs was a bad look for you, but the longer hair frames your face so well. I wouldn't change a thing if I were you. Congratulations on your first anniversary!

free_hug
February 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Congrats! And let me join the crowd: yes, your current length looks great on you! I, too, prefer the no-bangs version, by the way. Okay, the bangs were sort of cute, too. But one thing i'm sure of, your current length suits you beautifully!

ibleedlipstick
February 7th, 2011, 03:29 PM
That is amazing growth! And it looks super healthy too :) I like it without the bangs, but you look good either way.

Lady_C_longhair
February 11th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Thank you all for your comments! :) I think I'm not going to change anything to my hair unless I'm absolutely certain that I want side-swept bangs...otherwise I'll just leave it the way it is. Thanks for making me realize my hair looks all right the way it is!

cuticom
February 11th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Wow your hair is looking amazing, so lovely and shiney! I love your outfit in the 2011 photos as well!

rosek
February 11th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Your hair looks great! Congratulations on all of your progress!

gypsymoth
February 11th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Gorgeous!

By the way, I looooove what you're wearing especially in the 2nd and 3rd pictures of your first post.

Mesmerise
February 11th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Your hair looks lovely! To be honest I'd go no bangs with you, as I think you look prettier without them (although you look lovely either way... I think I just like the no bang look more!).

RavennaNight
February 11th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Beautiful progress! Congrats! :cheer:

stevekooch
February 12th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Wow!! Really nice hair!! Your grow is amazing!! I think that the side swept really fit you, i like that

Anywhere
February 12th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Your hair looks great now, and you're very pretty. :D I think side bangs might be nice, but I'm not really sure how short you're thinking for them. (I've had side bangs that stopped shortly after my eyebrow, and sidebangs at chin length.. I'm assuming you mean about nose length?)

Congratulations on your progress. :cheese:

Curly_jas
February 12th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Wow that's a lot of growth! lovely hair :)

Deborah
February 12th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Wonderful changes! I think you look much prettier without the bangs. Your face looks glowing now. This look is much more feminine and attractive.

Capybara
February 12th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary :) Your hair looks so much longer, and thicker too!

Great boots in the last two pictures!

haikitteh
February 12th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Your hair has really grown in the last year! It's really a beautiful color. Love your style too! :)

McFearless
February 12th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Its grown so much! I wouldn't dye the underlayer back to blonde. I think it looks very subtle and will grow out really well.

irisheyes
February 14th, 2011, 02:05 AM
You have made great progress! You are a very lovely young lady.

Joliebaby
February 14th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Really great growth, and I agree that the new style suits you so well and looks young and fresh!