PDA

View Full Version : Dark, medium, or light brown hair?

Anywhere
January 18th, 2011, 11:00 AM
So I've been dyeing my hair since 5th or 6th grade, and my natural color was a dishwasher blonde then. I know its brown now but I'm not sure what shade. Pay attention to the hair from shoulders up please, as that's my natural color.

I want to know what shade of brown I am so I can try and match the length with my natural color using semipermanent dye or possibly henna/indigo if I look enough into that.

Here's the video:
For privacy reasons, see the OP's blog

Thank you. :flower:
(bahaha yes I was inspired by yellowchariot's video a while back).

Auryn
January 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I'd say it's a medium to darkish brown :) You're natural color is gorgeous and I wish my natural color was that dark. I'm a light to mediumish brown myself..I like to think of it as a mousy brown.

lapushka
January 18th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I agree with Auryn, medium to dark. It's a beautiful, rich, shade of brown!

The two toned hair isn't so horrible that you have to dye the ends to match. I'd just grow it out further, that would be the easiest to do. If you don't want to do that, I'd go for a semi-permanent color. At least that'll wash out when something goes wrong.

cmnt831
January 18th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hmm, slightly more to the medium end in my opinion. Your natural color is very pretty. :)

missfortune9335
January 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Agreed :D it's medium brown, leans toward the darker side. It's really pretty!

melikai
January 18th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Medium brown, I'd say. Just remember if you dye your ends that it will look more natural for them to be a shade or so lighter than the top, as that's what happens to hair as it grows. If you dye it to match perfectly, it will look flat and unnatural.

Anywhere
January 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Yay. :D

I'm glad its on the darker end, I love dark hair. Thank you so much. :D