PDA

View Full Version : wooden combs

ginngee230
December 30th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I have been searching all over for wooden combs.Where do you find them? I haven't tried Ulta yet.....would the internet be better?...I just like to touch . Just to make sure won't snag and if it does do you just sand with a nail file?....and what sites would be best place to find them?.....sorry I'm new at all of this and need all the advice I can get:confused::o

PrincessTieflin
December 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I got mine at Sally's ... every now and agian you can find them at wal-mart. i am not a big internet shopper

ginngee230
December 30th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Thank you .I will try Sally's tomorrow!

McFearless
December 30th, 2010, 09:02 PM
The body shop has a wooden comb people seem to like. I haven't used it myself.

firefly42
December 30th, 2010, 09:13 PM
mine all came from the body shop. they're awesome.

ibleedlipstick
December 30th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I love the Body Shop one!

McFearless
December 30th, 2010, 09:25 PM
^ lol there ya go

jaine
December 30th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I saw some at Whole Foods.

omnivore
December 30th, 2010, 09:47 PM
mine came from amazon (if amazon was working right now, i would include a link). it could probably use some sanding on a couple of spots, but i really like it. it has a little parrot drawn on it. simple, pretty, and functional.

leoninnu
December 31st, 2010, 02:55 AM
I have the body shop wooden comb but I don't really like it. I don't know, maybe I got a defective one or others have done something to their combs that I don't know about but it keeps getting stuck on single hairs when I comb with it. I can't see any visible splinters though but I will still have to try sanding it.

LissaJane
December 31st, 2010, 03:06 AM
I've searched everywhere where I live to no avail. The body shop out here doesn't stock them due low popularity :( boo. I can't shop on the internet either, so that options out.

Just posting to say that I can relate, sorry I'm not much of a help :o

lupiae
December 31st, 2010, 03:25 AM
I like very much wooden combs, I always use them on my wife's very long hair.

Fingolphin
December 31st, 2010, 03:40 AM
I love them. I had one of the Body Shop detangling combs, and it worked great, but then it broke in half! So I ordered a different one off of Amazon from a company called Bath Accessories Company. It's working good so far. The provider of it on Amazon was called Smallflower. I reccomend it. Here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Bath-Accessories-Company-Wood-Detangler/dp/B001VGMXM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1293791921&sr=8-1

pepperminttea
December 31st, 2010, 03:55 AM
I have the body shop wooden comb but I don't really like it. I don't know, maybe I got a defective one or others have done something to their combs that I don't know about but it keeps getting stuck on single hairs when I comb with it. I can't see any visible splinters though but I will still have to try sanding it.

Same. If you get a Body Shop comb, get one in person so you can get the smoothest one they have. I ordered online and mine's far too rough to use.

My regular comb is from an eBay seller, a US one. If you despair of the proper shops I'll search for the shop name for you.

leoninnu
December 31st, 2010, 04:47 AM
Same. If you get a Body Shop comb, get one in person so you can get the smoothest one they have. I ordered online and mine's far too rough to use.

My regular comb is from an eBay seller, a US one. If you despair of the proper shops I'll search for the shop name for you.

That would be very nice. I actually thought about trying horn combs next but wooden ones would be a lot cheaper so if I can get a proper one I would be more than happy.

naturegirl321
December 31st, 2010, 05:32 AM
They're all over the place here :) Only about 90 cents as well.

pepperminttea
January 11th, 2011, 11:41 PM
That would be very nice. I actually thought about trying horn combs next but wooden ones would be a lot cheaper so if I can get a proper one I would be more than happy.

I had a search through my eBay feedback (it was a few years ago), and they're no longer a registered user. :( Sorry!

sugarpixie10988
January 12th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Another vote for Body Shop! I may have to get another one from there soon..I lost mine :( :p

leoninnu
January 12th, 2011, 01:33 AM
I had a search through my eBay feedback (it was a few years ago), and they're no longer a registered user. :( Sorry!

Oh well, it can't be helped. Thanks for trying anyways :flower:

sulawesi_girl
January 12th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I bought wooden hair sticks & forks in Bali a few years ago...the sticks have splinters now, but the forks are still smooth! I just wish I had gotten the ivory/shell versions....

Neen
January 12th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I got mine from:
http://www.combmaker.com/

Top quality and won't snag.

Dani
January 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM
The Grahtoe Studio Dainty Detangler on Etsy is the best wooden comb EVER. :D