PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you for your hair to reach your waist or bum?

Dreamkitty
October 27th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I have a question for all you people who have reached your hair this long.:D

Bascially, how long did it take.

Days?, months, Years?

And what was the length of your hair in the beginning and how long did it to reach your waist or bum.

Dragon
October 27th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I am not sure how long it took me to get to waist. After some one cut my hair off I would not let sissors near it anymore and started neglecting it big time. The only thing I did was brush it twice a day and wash it every few weeks as was to lazy. And always worn it down. Befor I realised it I was down to my waist. It has defiantly taken a few years. I'm gessing about two all three years.

punkcatknitter
October 27th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I've been growing my hair for just about exactly two years and it has gone from chin length to 2 or so inches from waist.

pepperminttea
October 27th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I went from APL to waist in about two years.

freckles
October 27th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I went from bra strap length to waist in about one year, with some trimming.

cybernetica
October 27th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I went from bra strap length to waist in about one year, with some trimming.
Ditto for me aswell

jel
October 27th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I am 5'10" tall, and it took me almost 3 years to get from shoulder length to waist; 4.5 years to tailbone (top of bum).

Carolyn
October 27th, 2010, 08:02 AM
It took me 5 years to grow from shoulder length layers to a waist length blunt cut. I trimmed a lot. My growth rate is 1/2" per month and I'm 5'8 1/2" tall and long waisted. I gain 3-4" per year with trims. After I reached waist it took me another 2 years to reach tailbone.

KayBee
October 27th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Hmm, I guess it took around 5 years to reach tailbone. It took me a while to recover from the terrible experience of having a hairdresser chop my hair short and layered. It probably fell to the middle of my back when I went for a 'trim'. She suggested a few 'long layers' and I said that was fine..when she got finished it was cut all the way up to my jawbone and had a zillion layers in it and I felt like crying. I haven't had a trim for 2.5 years but I should probably do that as the last time I colored my hair was also 2.5 years ago and I'd like to eventually get rid of it.If I did it all in one shot it would probably take 1ft off my hair and I'm not really ready to do that. It's hard for me to even want to trim it, love having hair this long. I have not had my hair cut in 6 years..and the trim I had 2 years ago was only a teensy tiny bit.

I'm 5'1..I'm not sure what kind of growth rate I have..but I'm new here so I will get in the habit of that now.

mira-chan
October 27th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I have a question for all you people who have reached your hair this long.:D

Bascially, how long did it take.

Days?, months, Years?

And what was the length of your hair in the beginning and how long did it to reach your waist or bum.
I joined when it was hip, I got to classic (bum) about a year and a half ago, so about 4 years. It was 8 years to go from waist to classic, that with some trimming in between.

daydreamer
October 27th, 2010, 02:52 PM
It took me about 3 years to get from chin to waist. I did have small trims in between. Feels like it will be that over again to get to classic!

bytheocean
October 27th, 2010, 03:14 PM
It's taken me 4 years to go from shoulder to bcl. I had a few trims in between.

chloeishere
October 27th, 2010, 04:20 PM
It took about 2 years and 5 months to go from midneck to waist, and I trimmed to keep the ends nice.

MsBubbles
October 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Two and a half years to get from shoulder to waist, trimming half my length gains each month (about 1/4 inch).

Wanderer09
October 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Two years to get from SL/APL to waist, with tiny infrequent trims. It's now taking me forever to get past waist because I keep trimming damaged ends off.

Maverick494
October 27th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I consider myself to be one inch short of waist, but I'll chime in anyway.

It took me four years to go from shoulder length to where I am now. This because
1. I changed haircolor frequently: from bleach blonde to jet black, to blonde again, to brown, to medium blonde, to the color you can see on my profile. It is hell for hair.
2. Bad haircuts. I got my BSL hair cut in a sharp V shape with many layers. It looked terrible because my hair is wavy and it just looked like I had a fight with the lawnmower. So it took another year just to grow and cut out the layers.

So yeah, the way you look after your hair makes a big difference!

MClass
October 27th, 2010, 05:18 PM
It took about 2 years and 5 months to go from midneck to waist, and I trimmed to keep the ends nice.

If you dont mind my asking, how tall are you? You grow fast!

chloeishere
October 27th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I am 5'3". I grow about 8 inches a year, but I'm short which is the biggest help. I trimmed quite a bit the first few years, less (about 2.25" total) this year. I just posted an anniversary thread if you'd like to see pictures! Here's the thread. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58148) The first picture I have is a bit misleading because my arms are up over my head, it was mid neck, not at all near shoulder when I joined.

CaityBear
October 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I had my hair cut to chin length and I didn't start growing my hair right away. I trimmed large amounts once or twice and didn't really care. Then I started to care and lessen the trims. With all of that it took me three years to get from chin length to hip length.

Alexannee10
October 27th, 2010, 06:33 PM
It took me 2 years from apl , but my hair was very damaged and I trimmed a lot !

TinaDenali
October 27th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I'm 5'6'' and it took me almost exactly 2 years to get from chin (angled bob) to waist with three trims during that time.

Garnett
October 27th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I started with less than a quarter inch 6 years ago and finally called waist a few days ago. I get exactly a quarter inch per month and I trimmed roughly every 6 months or so.

marikamt
October 27th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I was APL when I started 'tracking' growth... that was august 2009... I am now firmly at waist (with the 'tail' being slightly past).....

trillcat
October 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Pixie to waist in about 5 years. Seems long don't be daunted, it was an interesting journey

frodolaughs
October 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM
from chin to mid-butt took me 4 1/2 years. I've done small trims along the way.

GeoJ
October 27th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I went from shoulder to BSL in two years; three years later I was at hip, but I don't know when I got there. At that time I was still going to the salon for trims. After I got married I kept my hair between hip & classic for years (I switched from salons to DH trimming at that time). I don't know how much time it took to go from hip to classic back then. My hair was classic length when I joined LHC, and I maintained for a little bit before growing longer. I'm now 4 inches from knee length, with a few trims along the way (so classic to where I am now has taken more than one year).

My hair growth charts indicate my growth is averages out to 0.56 inches per month, and I am 5'5" tall (I'm sure being short has helped my hair seem to grow faster).

christine1989
October 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I had waist length hair in high school (trying to get back there!) and began growing at a pixie. It took me around 2.5 years to go from pixie to waist. That sounds fast but I am only 5'1. I started with a chin length bob this time around and I can tell it is definatly growing faster this time.

ddiana1979
October 27th, 2010, 07:38 PM
*sigh* This is the one area where I regret being so tall. :(

nellreno
October 28th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I cut my hair back to something just a touch longer than a pixie in 2007, and just hit waist this month, so about 3 years. I did have several inches cut off while I was growing it out to avoid the mullet phase and trim off dead ends.

PJ-Sander
October 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I started with short hair (collar bone) and reached waist length in 3 years. My hair grows an average of half an inch a month.

hairobsessed1
October 28th, 2010, 11:57 AM
It's taken me about two and a half years to get from ear legth to BSL :( slow but healthy :)

hairobsessed1
October 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
it's taken me about ywo and a half years to get from ear length to BSL :( but it's healthy :)

violetmermaid
October 28th, 2010, 12:00 PM
When my son was born, I had a hormonal moment and cut my bra strap length hair of in a short bob,ugh. He turned 9 this september & my hair has just reached my waist. But that was with a few trims, you know, dead ends and all.