PDA

View Full Version : Henna is just not working for me :(

Amethyste
September 23rd, 2010, 06:53 AM
Well, sadly... I am at the end of my creative solutions to match my roots and the the rest of my hair with Henna :( I have done honey lightening to light my ends enough and then, I washed my hair for a whole week with a clarifying shampoo.

I have colored my hair red now, and I am glad to have hair that has a uniform color from roots to ends.

But I miss the glossiness and the strength that henna gave my hair :( I wish I could combine the amazing color I have now with the protective benefits of Henna. If there is one, I am unaware of it.

I really miss my henna - maybe it was never meant to be...

Marjolein
September 24th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I'm so sorry it isn't working out for you :(. Would you like us to try another round of trouble shooting, or do you just need a place to vent a bit?

Oh, and couldn't you perhaps try a henna gloss over your red dye for the shine and strength?

Neaira
September 24th, 2010, 02:31 AM
I think a henna gloss wold do the trick. I am dying my hair with henna, but I didn't want it to go too dark, so I am doing only the roots. But I missed the feeling a full head aplication gave me, so I started doing glosses after each root touch up. This worked for me. I also did some honey lightening a few weeks ago to get some of the orange back into my hair.

(I am not very good at writing english so feal free to ask if you don't understand me and I'll try to explain:P)

Henna Sooq
September 24th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I'm leaning towards the henna gloss option as well :)

little_cherry
September 24th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I third the gloss! Since your colour is uniform now, "the line" should not be a problem. Eventually your hair will grow out and you'll be able to move to full hennas. :)