PDA

View Full Version : Silly Poll- Wearing hair in front of the shoulders

swivelhop
September 20th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Silly pole time. For those that wear thier hair down, do you keep most of your hair in front of your shoulders, or behind them?

akuamoonmaui
September 20th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I like to pull all of my hair over my left shoulder, then I can play with the ends.

Roseate
September 21st, 2010, 12:12 AM
I wish I could wear it all behind my shoulders, but it just won't stay there until it is much longer. Some of it always flops over to the front.

Dragon
September 21st, 2010, 12:39 AM
I voted I do all of above.

skaempfer
September 21st, 2010, 12:49 AM
:nono:

I wish I had an option. I didn't vote, because my hair is at that stupid length when it sits on my shoulders and puffs out. I do a great mushroom imitation.

When I can put it behind my shoulders, I will post it in the mini-milestone thread!

Phexlyn
September 21st, 2010, 12:50 AM
I try to keep my hair behind my shoulders, however, my hair often has a will of its own. It will do any of the above ;)

Juneii
September 21st, 2010, 01:07 AM
Sadly, I don't wear it, it wears me and my hair likes to do as it pleases. No matter how many times I push my hair behind my shoulders it falls to the front. If I myself pull it to the front it gets tangled and caught in things.

p.s. not to be overly nit picky but it's "poll" not "pole" ;)

PrincessBob
September 21st, 2010, 02:03 AM
I wear it down my back, generally (I don't like getting it caught in my armpits or under my bust while I do anything. Exceptions: Pride braids (pigtailed four-strand braids) tend to fall forward on me, when I'm playing with my hair and it is down, I tend to pull it forward over my left shoulder.

Athena's Owl
September 21st, 2010, 02:37 AM
I toss my tailbone length hair back behind my shoulders, it winds up pooled in my lap pretty often, if I'm wearing a shirt. I'f i'm not, it will stay on my back. Figure that out, it's backwards I think!

pepperminttea
September 21st, 2010, 04:22 AM
I try to keep my hair behind my shoulders, and that's where I put it, but it always manages to end up round the front, even at waist length.

florenonite
September 21st, 2010, 04:46 AM
It depends. If I'm standing or sitting up it tends to end up in front of one or both shoulders, but when I'm bending over for something I twist it behind my shoulders.

I also completely misunderstood the title; on the homepage I saw "Silly Pole-Wearing hair" and thought it was about a pole that had hair :lol: (I'm not saying this to deprecate you or the misspelling, I just thought it was funny :)).

Shield31
September 21st, 2010, 07:23 AM
Mostly, I try and keep my hair to the back. But, if some falls in front of my shoulders at times, I let it stay until I move it back again. Hair and gravity, hair and the wind, hair and random movement. They are all a spontaneous interaction between my hair and the rest of me. I'm still trying to figure out who is in control, or which of us is the boss. :)

Carolyn
September 21st, 2010, 07:31 AM
I prefer it behind my shoulders but it doesn't always stay there. For a picture I'll pull some forward so it looks like I have hair.

Iylivarae
September 21st, 2010, 10:35 AM
Behind.

Unfortunately it likes to come to the front, which is really annoying

christine1989
September 21st, 2010, 03:01 PM
Most of my hair stays behind my shoulders but sometimes a few strands make their way to the front.

missjessiecakes
September 21st, 2010, 05:06 PM
I voted all in front because thats what I use to do so it wouldnt get caught or pulled behind me.

JenniferNoel
September 21st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Generally, if I'm wearing it down and it's long, I comb it all back and let it hang, with no parting or anything.

Wicked Princess
September 21st, 2010, 05:37 PM
Normally I wear my hair up! Does that count as behind? When I do wear it down, I normally have it tied in a loose pony tail or in a fairy tale braid to keep it behind me. If I do not, then it will fall in front of me and whatever task I'm attempting to accomplish!

windinherhair
September 21st, 2010, 05:46 PM
Most of the time I wear my hair behind the shoulders, but sometimes I feel more secure if I pull all of it to one side in front of my shoulders. For instance, when I was traveling in the airports I didnt trust my surroundings as much and I didnt feel comfortable having all my hair behind my back. You never know what someone could do.

Les
September 22nd, 2010, 04:16 AM
If I'm trying to show off my hair, I'll have some in front, some behind. But in casual/non-display mode its all behind.

RachelRain
September 22nd, 2010, 05:45 AM
depends on the shirt I'm wearing :) If I have a hoodie on, I wrap my hair around my fist and tuck it into the hood to keep it away from me. Most of the time its behind me, but if I'm out in public and I have a shirt that's showing... a bit more cleavage than I'd like (thank you, random children, for yanking at my shirt... where the hell are their parents?!) I'll pull hair in front so I can cover it.

RedStripe
September 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
I voted all of the above. I actually don't wear my hair down all that often anymore, but I used to much more. When it is down, I make a token gesture to move it to the back, but it always ends up all over the place.

Yozhik
September 22nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
I voted for in the back, which is usually where it likes to lay, unless I'm carrying my messenger bag or purse, in which case I put it over one of my shoulders out of the way of the straps.

lajsa
September 23rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
My hair flops around like it wants to. It's a bit too short yet to stay where I put it :p

swivelhop
September 23rd, 2010, 05:46 PM
I forgot to add an option for cheese. Did not mean to offend the cheese inclined.

LittleOrca
September 23rd, 2010, 06:00 PM
I voted all of the above... it really depends on how I am wearing my hair down. One braid or a pony tail and it will be in the back. Two braids or two pony tails will be kept up front for the most part.

FrannyG
September 23rd, 2010, 06:06 PM
I forgot to add an option for cheese. Did not mean to offend the cheese inclined.

I was going to bring this up, but you've got it covered. :cheese:

I voted all of the above. For me, it depends on the situation.

Henrietta
September 24th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I do all of the above. It depends. When I am sitting I keep it in front to protect it from being stuck between my back and a chair. When I need to stoop or do anything else and it gets me in my way- I toss it to behind my shoulders. Sometimes left side is in the front, right in the back:D

zen_oven
September 24th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I haven't been wearing it down as much lately, but when I do it's some in front and some in back. My layers make it hard to have much in front though, grr.

angelfell
September 25th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I usually part my hair in three parts, with two in front of my shoulders and one down my back. I used to put it all in front of my shoulders, and then someone in middle school picked on me about it, and I've never done it again since :(

jasper
September 25th, 2010, 09:27 PM
When I was a kid, my mom watched a soap opera almost every day and I remember a character with long hair who always had a good amount of it in front of her shoulders. But I remember noticing when she moved so her back was to the camera that she had a smallish section of hair in the middle that stayed to the back. I thought it was odd. Her hair seemed really full from the front, but the view from the back seemed to give her away - undermine the illusion of volume.

SlightlySoprano
September 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I really can't have my hair over my shoulders, it drives me insane. I'm way too OCD about having hair on/around my face, which is why I wear it back a lot!

faeflame
September 27th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Except for my bangs all of my hair falls behind my shoulders.

GoatLady
December 8th, 2022, 10:37 AM
I don't like my hair falling forward and getting into everything.

Glitch
December 8th, 2022, 10:04 PM
Loving all the mixed results, hahah! I like to keep all of mine over a shoulder because I feel it's in a more controlled and safe area, rather than flowing and floating freely behind me!

Fiorentina
December 9th, 2022, 02:16 AM
I keep all or most my hair other than bangs behind the shoulders.