PDA

View Full Version : finally got some pictures (I hope...)

RachelRain
September 6th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I have no idea how large these will be, or even if the links will work. I'm notoriously inept when it comes to things like this. I figured I needed to post these here because I can't for the life of me get them into my album and I was getting super frustrated. fingers crossed here...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/rachelrainbonneau/014.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/rachelrainbonneau/010.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/rachelrainbonneau/003.jpg
this is the only one that shows the odd color in direct sun as well as the ends, so I'm sorry it's also sort of a pic of my bum.

edit - sorry they're kind of... big.

edit 2 - I just realized what that white strip is at the top... tape glue that apparently I never got off of the mirror. I'll hafta attack it with... something.

Chrissy
September 6th, 2010, 05:10 PM
OOOOOOOOHHHH Pretty!!!! You have such beautiful hair! I hope mine gets to that length someday. I may be 90 by then. :) I'm glad you posted.

RachelRain
September 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
OOOOOOOOHHHH Pretty!!!! You have such beautiful hair! I hope mine gets to that length someday. I may be 90 by then. :) I'm glad you posted.

tyvm :) I actually learned in grade school that eating pasta a few times a week made my hair grow like a weed... the rice pastas, unfortunately, do not, which makes me kind of sad.

I'll send you hair growing vibes for now and hope they influence your follicles (that just sounds weird in text...) because 90 is an AWFUL long time to wait!

:: ohm ::

littlenvy
September 6th, 2010, 05:22 PM
WOW that's long and nice looking!!! :)

Thank you for sharing. I love looking at such lovely hair.

ps. There is nothing wrong with your tech skills. The album picture downloader has been acting up for few days now.

RachelRain
September 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
WOW that's long and nice looking!!! :)

Thank you for sharing. I love looking at such lovely hair.

ps. There is nothing wrong with your tech skills. The album picture downloader has been acting up for few days now.

Oh, thank god. I thought it was me, and almost didn't want to post these for fear of looking like a total idiot... lol. tysm, for both informing me and the compliment :)

virgo75
September 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Gorgeous, shiny hair!!

Even your ends are healthy and shiny!!! :bigeyes:

Thanks for sharing the pics. :flower:

LittleOrca
September 6th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Envy, much of it. :)

pennyroyal
September 6th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Wow, your hair is amazing! So long & healthy & beautiful! i gots some envy too.

RachelRain
September 6th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Gorgeous, shiny hair!!

Even your ends are healthy and shiny!!! :bigeyes:

Thanks for sharing the pics. :flower:

lol, thank you :) I'm surprised, the ends were cooperating. Usually they're all curling out in multiple directions like snake tails, lol.

Envy, much of it.

Wow, your hair is amazing! So long & healthy & beautiful! i gots some envy too.

I was actually going through that 'I hate my hair' phase again, so that really means a lot to me. Thank you both very much :)

Capybara
September 6th, 2010, 07:13 PM
You have some gorgeous shiny hair! :crush: So pretty!

RachelRain
September 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM
You have some gorgeous shiny hair! :crush: So pretty!

thank you very much :)

although I haven't seen a single person on here with not pretty hair! lol. we should throw a big party with new icons like :confetti: and stuff.

Prettyeyes23
September 6th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Rachel, all I can say is WOWZERS! I love your length, colour, and thickness! Keep growing strong.

spidermom
September 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Wow - nice hair. Nice ends.

Fairlight63
September 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Your hair is so pretty! I have hair envy. I don't think that mine will ever get that long, the way that I shed, if it did it there would only be 2 strands that was long:(

RachelRain
September 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Wow - nice hair. Nice ends.

thank you! :) I was actually thinking about cutting them back a bit this morning... I'm glad I didn't.

Rachel, all I can say is WOWZERS! I love your length, colour, and thickness! Keep growing strong.

My boyfriend says thank you about the color, lol. He's forever telling me it's not as ugly as I think it is. thank you :)

You guys are great for a girl's self esteem, lol :) thanks everyone! When my browser starts to load faster I'll be going through everyone's albums. You've been warned :)

RachelRain
September 6th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Your hair is so pretty! I have hair envy. I don't think that mine will ever get that long, the way that I shed, if it did it there would only be 2 strands that was long:(

Oh, god, you should see the hairball that forms on my brush when I get out of the shower, lol. Or even the one that forms around the drain. I'm surprised I'm not bald yet. I could create kittens!

Thank you though. I'm still kind of marvelling at the comments on here about hair envy. To me its just a mess that I get frustrated at daily :)

Night_Kitten
September 7th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Wow, your har is so beautifull and shiny all the way to the tips of the ends! Gorgeous! :inlove:

Henrietta
September 7th, 2010, 08:59 AM
:agape::agape::agape:

We reeeeeeally don't mind that the pics are big.
Stunning hair! So long! And shiny! The ends look so healthy!
About the album- don't worry. Now you are not the only one who has this problem. There's been an album error for a few days. And about the pics in general... Try to make them smaller, I use a program called GIMP for that. It's similar to Photoshop, but free:D I scale them to 600x600 max and there's no more problems. Also they may be taking too much place in the server. There is a trick for this too. Just open a picture in Paint, do not change anything, simply pick the "save" option and the pic will have like 800 kb instead of 3 Mb or something:) I don't know how it works but... it works.

You have gorgeous hair:) It's so good to see it, you know? I feel inspired! And I also love your avatar. I am telling it to myself, when I feel like I need it. It helps. Thanks! ;)

tinti
September 7th, 2010, 09:06 AM
You have beautiful hair, and it's so shiny. Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

RachelRain
September 7th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Wow, your har is so beautifull and shiny all the way to the tips of the ends! Gorgeous! :inlove:

Thank you :) My boyfriend is sitting next to me smirking as I read him the comments. He told me before I posted them nobody was going to agree that it's an ugly color or anything lol

We reeeeeeally don't mind that the pics are big.
Stunning hair! So long! And shiny! The ends look so healthy!
About the album- don't worry. Now you are not the only one who has this problem. There's been an album error for a few days. And about the pics in general... Try to make them smaller, I use a program called GIMP for that. It's similar to Photoshop, but free I scale them to 600x600 max and there's no more problems. Also they may be taking too much place in the server. There is a trick for this too. Just open a picture in Paint, do not change anything, simply pick the "save" option and the pic will have like 800 kb instead of 3 Mb or something I don't know how it works but... it works.

You have gorgeous hair It's so good to see it, you know? I feel inspired! And I also love your avatar. I am telling it to myself, when I feel like I need it. It helps. Thanks!

I've actually been sort of ends paranoid since reading some of the threads here... to be honest, most of the stuff I bought because of this site (the oil and all that) I really don't even use very often! lol. I did try a tiny bit of honey and oil as a leave in after a shower last night and I'm pretty pleased with the results - you'd never know there was honey (or oil, for that matter) in there! tyvm for the compliments :)

I love love love my avatar. It reminded me of a running joke from like a decade ago, so it was a winner. :) I'm not even a Star Wars fan, lol. I did try the paint thing, but it didn't help, so I'll download gimp and see if that helps any. Thanks!

You have beautiful hair, and it's so shiny. Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

tyvm! I actually rarely see the shine for myself (or if it's wet, I just assume it's because its wet that it shines...) It just seems so dull compared to a lot of other people's hair that I see when I'm out. so ty for the compliment :)

And I finally found that darn camera so I figured I should hurry up and take some before I lost it again lol.

You guys are so sweet :) My boyfriend says thank you too! lol.

KittyLost
September 9th, 2010, 03:35 AM
You have lovely hair and it is a nice colour, I wish I had your shine!

PrincessBob
September 9th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Pretty, pretty hair!!! I love the pretty maroon color in the first picture, even though I'm pretty sure that was a camera/lighting thing. It would be so much fun (my hair doesn't take fun colors). Happy hair, and happy lady!

smileycat
September 9th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Odd color? It is gorgeous, and the closest I've seen to my own color. I struggled with my darkening blonde hair until my boyfriend pointed out how unusual my natural color is. Relish in it!

You are my new role model for long, healthy, beautiful hair!

Loreley
September 9th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Gorgeous! :thudpile:

DarkChocolate
September 9th, 2010, 10:43 AM
very pretty:)

Ryanne
September 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM
It looks wonderful. You have really lovely hair.

Djinmonet
September 9th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I hope you didn't really expect us to agree that your hair color is "odd". ;) That would have been a tall order. I have known, and still know, many people with hair that color. Looks just that lovely in the sun as well. Granted I've seen none grow their's, even to waist length, more then once. *Sigh*

So now I'm so curious about local hair color in Massachusetts. I can't imagine how your hair color could ever be seen by anyone, even the owner, as being odd.

What lovely ends! Your saying you got them through... the frequent consumption of pasta? Wow. :cool: *looks at pasta with a different view*

christine1989
September 9th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Your ends are so healthy looking and shiny!

FrizzFighter
September 9th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Wow! And I love the color!

RachelRain
September 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM
@KittyLost - ty :) I'll have to take pics of it when it's fully dry... I'm pretty sure all that shine is just because a lot of it is still pretty damp.

@PrincessBob - it's gotta be the lighting, I've been eyeballing that myself like 'wth happened?' lol. I dyed my hair once in HS and got a purply-maroon halo... that was awesome. I'll try moving a mirror somewhere else in the house where there's better light and see if I still get that color...

@smileycat - I've never seen anyone else with it. It almost looks like a strawberry blonde in the sun because of all the gold and reds in it but it's definitely brown, so it's... weird. It used to be a blah nutmeg when I was little... I'll have to find a picture. I know I've got one of it down to my tailbone when I was like 2 or 3.

I'm not sure I'm rolemodel worthy but ty!

tyvm Loreley :) I love that smiley by the way lol

And tyvm DarkChocolate and Ryanne as well (by the way, my niece's name is Ryanne. Just wanted to mention how much I love that name!)

@Djinmonet - no, that was more my assessment of it. :) I know I sent you a message earlier, but yeah, indoors it's an obvious brown, but sun hits it and poof it's a totally different color. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open to see if I can spot another person with my color.

I can't say I recommend eating pasta the way I used to. lol. I think the main reason when I got with my boyfriend that we ate so much of it was because he was trying to get me to put weight on (it worked... a little too well!) and as I said in the note I sent you, I really don't know if it was the gluten or the pasta itself. I just know the rice pasta is *not* doing the trick.

@christine1989 and FrizzFighter, tyvm :) I actually neglect the hell out of my ends most of the time so I'm as surprised as everyone else on here that they look as nice as they do.

I've been reading about those cream shampoos and am now wondering if maybe I could cut my conditioner use significantly by trying some... Hm. (yes, I know that was off topic...)

Starr
September 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Beautiful hair!

RachelRain
September 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Beautiful hair!

thank you :) I like your curls. I can't get curls to stay in my hair for love or money.

Beatnik Guy
September 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM
:thudpile:

TeddyK
September 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Wow thats really impressive

aksown
September 9th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Ooooo!! It's so pretty!! Hair like yours is what keeps me away from the scissors when I get discouraged with the shedding! :flower:

RachelRain
September 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Ooooo!! It's so pretty!! Hair like yours is what keeps me away from the scissors when I get discouraged with the shedding! :flower:

thx to Beatnik and TeddyK...

Now see, I find that amusing, aksown, because hair like mine is what makes me WANT to go find the scissors. At least once a week I throw a fit because of a particularly nasty fist sized snarl and threaten that I'm gonna lop it all off.

Yeah, I'm like a two year old. Oh well. lol.

thank you, that was sweet :D