PDA

View Full Version : Getting my hair like THIS:

Mariah!!
September 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
This is how I want my hair to end up like:

http://hannahstyle.net/images/guides/han357.png

sorry, forget about the clothes... look at Mileys hair. I want my hair to have the same kind of length (longer actually) and highlights, and cut. Now how do I accomplish this? I have 30" long hair, but my goal is 35. I have almost no layers left, and my hair is in a U hemline natural hair color with bangs a little shorter than hers. My hair is also thick like hers, and naturally wavy but not as wavy as her natural hair. Here is her wavy hair:

http://hannahstyle.net/images/guides/han381.png

I wonder if she has lowlights.... I know she has some layers, but how do figure out which ones? I need to take a pic to a stylist and have her do it i guess, but how do I trust that she will do it right?

I also need to think about the highlights too... I may need to get them done profecionally if I want them like hers and not messed up. How though? I am waiting until my hair is longer before I get this done, and I know it will cost a bunch of money too if i get it done somewhere reliable. But This is my DREAM hair!! (but longer... like to where the ends are to the dimples on my lower back when the ends are curled)

What do you think? Do you like it? Any advise or tips?:D

lapushka
September 3rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
It looks to me like she's got a lot of short layering going on in the top section of her hair.

Dreams_in_Pink
September 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Miley's hair extensions are well-known. :) I had her hair back when i got microrings installed. You can have it too, but it'll cost ya ;)

Nightshade
September 3rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
She has hair extensions, the shorter layer you see is her actual hair, the longer part is fake:

http://www.celebuzz.com/miley-cyrus-sheds-hair-extensions-s215181/

So while you could get your hair cut that way, unless you have VERY thick hair the longer part may end up being substantially thinner.

swivelhop
September 3rd, 2010, 03:49 PM
You're hair type is Type: 2b/2c / F / iii? I would think that would make Miley's style very doable with your real hair. Just make sure the stylist doesn't go crazy with excessive layering (keep the layering around the face only) or the length will get thin.

Cleopatra18
September 3rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
I agree she does have extensions and defenitely not " natural" waves,but I am a real fan of how her hair looks,and I think it will be great on you :) I recommend just taking a picture and showing it to the stylist.

Mariah!!
September 3rd, 2010, 08:51 PM
How DOES she get her waves like that anyways?

What if I just bought like clip in hair extensions of my natural color? What size do you think I should get? Most I see are between 16-22 inches long. Obviously THAT'S not long enough!! LOL!

And the some extensions that are a few shades lighter or blond and then some that are a little darker than my natural color for the high and low lights so I don't ruin my hair?
Or should I pay for someone professional to put in some good ones? I just wanna know how long those things will stay in and last....

Perhaps even getting my hair cut to make it look more like it AND extensions... Would clip ins or whatever you buy to put in yourself look good, or would it just fall out of my hair?

christine1989
September 3rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
I think that the layers are a result of extentions- the short "layers" may be her natural hair while the longer, highlighted peices are fake. You could emulate her style with your natural hair since your hair is thick. I also used to own a wave/crimping iron that made waves exactly like hers (I think it came from Target) so you don't need the damaging extentions to achieve that look :).

Mariah!!
September 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
What kind of extensions are damaging? I didn't know that.... hmmm...:confused: Well, are the clip in ones damaging?

Also, while I am on here...
What length would you say my hair is?:D

Dreams_in_Pink
September 3rd, 2010, 11:42 PM
What kind of extensions are damaging? I didn't know that.... hmmm...:confused: Well, are the clip in ones damaging?

The kind she wears (permanent ones) are pretty damaging- not for the hair but the follicle itself. You should be very gentle with extension hair or it will pluck your own hairs out. I lost half of my thickness that way and i only used these for one month :(

ETA: It looked fantastic though.. check out my "GOAL" pic in my siggy, that's extension.