PDA

View Full Version : New Hair Article

Medievalmaniac
September 1st, 2010, 10:44 AM
Here's another one of those "how to have fabulous hair" articles, which I'm posting because - well, can we ever have enough hair articles to read? lol. Here's the article:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/troubleshooting-the-hair-blahs-2375826/

There is one statement that bothers heck out of me - from a salon owner whose clients include Liv Tyler, concerning the "best" way to deep-condition hair:

"I'll give you the trick we do at the salon," he says. "Flat iron [wet] hair on the highest temperature with the conditioner in it. The heat will help the product penetrate. You can also use a blow dryer. After ten minutes, wash it out."

That actually made my head tingle a little....ow, poor hair!! :(

cmnt831
September 1st, 2010, 10:53 AM
That article is kind of scary.

ifyouforget
September 1st, 2010, 11:04 AM
I've actually used the blow-dryer trick. Just long enough to thoroughly warm the hair, then put a towel on top to keep the heat in. It does help conditioning treatments penetrate.

Flat iron, on the other hand....crazy talk.

LouLaLa
September 1st, 2010, 11:05 AM
hmm what was the next line

"then come for me for a full head of extensions when it all breaks off..."

Can you even imagine how much steam would come off that!!!!! :shudder:

HuggyBear
September 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM
Here's another one of those "how to have fabulous hair" articles, which I'm posting because - well, can we ever have enough hair articles to read? lol. Here's the article:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/troubleshooting-the-hair-blahs-2375826/

There is one statement that bothers heck out of me - from a salon owner whose clients include Liv Tyler, concerning the "best" way to deep-condition hair:

"I'll give you the trick we do at the salon," he says. "Flat iron [wet] hair on the highest temperature with the conditioner in it. The heat will help the product penetrate. You can also use a blow dryer. After ten minutes, wash it out."

That actually made my head tingle a little....ow, poor hair!! :(

Yeah, I saw that article yesterday and that "tip" bugged me as well. When I read it, I was like, WTH! I would never let someone do that to my hair. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

HintOfMint
September 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM
I'm picturing the hair exploding or setting off sparks and smoke when they do that. *shudder*

I remember the sizzle my hair would give when I flatironed it wet with pomade in it. EEH!

breezefaerie
September 1st, 2010, 01:42 PM
I read that article too and mostly disagree with everything they said!

Alvrodul
September 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM
The worst thing is, people will think this is good advice, go home and do it, and then they get surprised when their hair does not end up looking like celebrity photos. :(

naereid
September 1st, 2010, 02:42 PM
Last year, when I decided to start taking better care of my hair, I just googled around and took tips from random sites. Stupid tips like that one.

I was so happy that I was finally doing something right. :crazyq: Thankfully my search led me to LHC in the end. :grnbiggri

Anje
September 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Egad!

Yes, heat will help moisture treatments penetrate... but just as there's a difference between putting a heating pad on an ache and setting a clothes iron on said ache, there's a difference between warming a treatment into hair and sauteing it.